The X-Files

Like your Sci-Fi? Chat about your favourite shows, test your knowledge in the long running Sci Fi quiz, read about upcoming conventions or post your con reports! Come in and mix with the best :)

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 2,064.80
Mood: infactuated
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:18 pm
I just bought the movie and I'm rewatching my collection of XF because its been awhile since I've seen them all. I loved season 1 and my favourite episodes are:

Pilot, EBE, Fallen Angel, Ice, Eve, Lazarus, Young At Heart, Darkness Falls and The Erlenmeyer Flask.

Season 2 is great also. I just finished watching Red Museum. One of the worst episodes in the season I think.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 6,600.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:28 pm
[quote:4f1ef0c958="FireFox"]I just bought the movie and I'm rewatching my collection of XF because its been awhile since I've seen them all. I loved season 1 and my favourite episodes are:

Pilot, EBE, Fallen Angel, Ice, Eve, Lazarus, Young At Heart, Darkness Falls and The Erlenmeyer Flask.

Season 2 is great also. I just finished watching Red Museum. One of the worst episodes in the season I think.[/quote:4f1ef0c958] I don't remember a Red Museum and I have just watched Season 2. :?

Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:04 am
Maybe this will jog your memory:

" Agents Mulder and Scully investigate when a religious cult is accused of kidnapping, branding their victims with the words 'He is One', or 'She is One."

I also liked Duane Barry and Scully getting abducted by him. GA was pregnant around that time and they had to write several episodes around that.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:08 am
[quote:42345bbf33="FireFox"]Maybe this will jog your memory:

" Agents Mulder and Scully investigate when a religious cult is accused of kidnapping, branding their victims with the words 'He is One', or 'She is One."

I also liked Duane Barry and Scully getting abducted by him. GA was pregnant around that time and they had to write several episodes around that.[/quote:42345bbf33] Thanks. I remember now.
Sopranos Mobster
Cash on hand: 302.50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:24 am
[quote:383cb5e06f="ilis"]Yeah I finished it and am watching season 3 just haven't had the time to review Season 2. Overall I liked Season 2 just as much as season 1. Highlight episodes for me were Duane Barry, Ascension, One Breath, Aubrey, Fresh Bones, Colony, End Game, Dod Kalm, Humbug, F. Emasculata, Soft Light and Our Town. Dod Kalm had to be the freakiest episode of tv I have seen in a long time. The comedy episode Humbug was interesting and alot better then I thought it was going to be. The last 2 episodes were real highlights with the shocking death of Mulder's father and the recovery of the alien bodies. I have only seen 1 disc of Season 3 so far but I am enjoying it just as much.[/quote:383cb5e06f]

yeah season 2 has some great episodes. Especially Humbug. Very funny episode. When I started watching The X-Files I never imagined there would be any sort of comedy episodes. Funny thing, watching the special features on my new dvds today and watched the features on season 1-3. In the episode Hombug the scene where Scully takes a bug out of the jar and eats it... when filming GA actually did put that bug in her mouth and chewed on it.. didn't eat it though, she spat it out off screen, lol. They showed the footage of behind the scenes.. hehe

Season 3 is a great season as well, enjoy!!

[quote:383cb5e06f="FireFox"]Season 2 is great also. I just finished watching Red Museum. One of the worst episodes in the season I think.[/quote:383cb5e06f]

I don't think there were any really bad episodes of The X-Files that I can recall. I can't really remember much about this episode so it must not have been too bad, but not one of the more memorable ones.

[quote:383cb5e06f="FireFox"]I also liked Duane Barry and Scully getting abducted by him. GA was pregnant around that time and they had to write several episodes around that.[/quote:383cb5e06f]

Those episodes with Duanne Barry and kidnapping Scully were excellent. And then of course Scully being abducted! About GA being pregnant, at the time of watching these episodes I had no idea. Watching the special features today and its funny how they explain how they wrote around it and used the camera angles and placing her behind things to cover up that she was pregnant.
Save The Bill Facebook Petition -
http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheBill
Cash on hand: 17,270.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:14 am
oh yeah, forgot. I saw 'I want to Believe' the other week. I thought it was just ok, wasn't great. It was great to see Mulder & Scully again in the present time and to see what they have been up to. It was strange and I was kinda disappointed Skinner wasn't in it much...actually he was only in it briefly. wished they had a better unexplained story. this seemed like a crime movie/show. oh yeah, found it funny there was a guy in it from season 2 of Californication.

anyway, 3/5. possibly a 2 1/2
Sopranos Mobster
Cash on hand: 302.50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:52 pm
[quote:4813b7683b="APM"]oh yeah, forgot. I saw 'I want to Believe' the other week. I thought it was just ok, wasn't great. It was great to see Mulder & Scully again in the present time and to see what they have been up to. It was strange and I was kinda disappointed Skinner wasn't in it much...actually he was only in it briefly. wished they had a better unexplained story. this seemed like a crime movie/show. oh yeah, found it funny there was a guy in it from season 2 of Californication.

anyway, 3/5. possibly a 2 1/2[/quote:4813b7683b]

There is talk of a third film so hopefully that will deal with the x-files mythology. From what I've read the studio are waiting to see how the dvd sales go as the film release wasn't as successful as they had hoped. But for the small budget the film had, they'll make that back plus definitely make money beyond that. IWTB was the wrong story for a return to x-files. I agree it was more of a crime movie than conspiracy/supernatural. It should have been titled Mulder & Scully The Movie. But I enjoyed it, appreciated it more on the second viewing actually. Enjoy it for what it is and what will come next.
Save The Bill Facebook Petition -
http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheBill
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:11 pm
[quote:c773c23cc8="brad"][quote:c773c23cc8="APM"]oh yeah, forgot. I saw 'I want to Believe' the other week. I thought it was just ok, wasn't great. It was great to see Mulder & Scully again in the present time and to see what they have been up to. It was strange and I was kinda disappointed Skinner wasn't in it much...actually he was only in it briefly. wished they had a better unexplained story. this seemed like a crime movie/show. oh yeah, found it funny there was a guy in it from season 2 of Californication.

anyway, 3/5. possibly a 2 1/2[/quote:c773c23cc8]

There is talk of a third film so hopefully that will deal with the x-files mythology. From what I've read the studio are waiting to see how the dvd sales go as the film release wasn't as successful as they had hoped. But for the small budget the film had, they'll make that back plus definitely make money beyond that. IWTB was the wrong story for a return to x-files. I agree it was more of a crime movie than conspiracy/supernatural. It should have been titled Mulder & Scully The Movie. But I enjoyed it, appreciated it more on the second viewing actually. Enjoy it for what it is and what will come next.[/quote:c773c23cc8] Me too. I really hope there is a 3rd one like they talked about. 3 movies is enough.

Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:28 pm
If they made their 2nd film about the mythology they would have gotten better reviews and sales. Then they can make a 3rd movie a stand alone.

Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:00 pm
Season 2 must be my new favourite season. The episodes that stand out for me are:

The Host, Sleepless, Duane Barry, Ascension, One Breath, Firewalker, Aubrey (Terry O'Quinn!!!) Irresistible, Fresh Bones, Colony, End Game, Fearful Symmetry (Jane Atkinson from 24!), Dod Kalm, Humbug, Soft Light, Anasazi

Episodes that were ok: Little Green Men, Blood, 3, Red Museum, Die Hand die verletzt, The Calusari, F. Emasculata, Our Town.

My favourite episodes would have to be Humbug and One Breath.

Favourite Seasons: 2, 1, 3, 6, 7, 9. 8
PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy