The X-Files

Like your Sci-Fi? Chat about your favourite shows, test your knowledge in the long running Sci Fi quiz, read about upcoming conventions or post your con reports! Come in and mix with the best :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 6,600.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:27 pm
I bought Season 2 and Season 3 today so I will be watching them soon. :D
Sopranos Mobster
Cash on hand: 302.50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:25 pm
[quote:dc49511af8="APM"]not sure as I have a terrible memory. I suppose I would rank them the same as you brad. I might put 5 before 9 though & after 8.
but yeah 1-3 are my favorites too.[/quote:dc49511af8]

Season 5 had some good episodes (The Post-Modern Prometheus, Kill Switch and the opening and closing eps to the season) but as a whole I felt it wasn't a very exciting season.. and these were the eps where Mulder and Scully seemed to alternate episodes and didn't share much screen time together. Though I guess it probably deserves to rank higher than season 9... Monica Reyes gives season 9 brownie points for me, hehe. And a Lucy Lawless guest appearance isn't bad either :)

[quote:dc49511af8="ilis"]Well I finally finished Season 1 a few days ago but couldn't post about it due to a power outage at my house. I knew The X Files would be good but it surpassed my expectations. It was exciting, smart and creepy all at the same time. [/quote:dc49511af8]

awesome! Glad you've finished the first season and enjoyed it. I agree, the series past my expectations as well and I was really surprised at how much I really enjoyed and was excited to watch each new episode. Originally I didn't think I'd make it to the end of season one but every ep just made me even more of a fan of this show and kept me watching.

[quote:dc49511af8="ilis"]Ice was the first episode I had never seen and it was really good. The whole isolation thing I had seen before but this was done really well. It was interesting to see Felicity Huffman in an early role in this episode. Just as good as she is today on Desperate Housewives.[/quote:dc49511af8]

I really liked this episode. Actually there are quite a few episodes that are like this one throughout the whole series and these were always great to watch. Intense and scary, and the storyline sort of playing out in 'real time' like an episode of 24 does. Mulder and Scully and a bunch of locals go out into the woods and get picked off one by one, heh. there was the ep (not sure which season) with the green bugs that lived in the darkness. That was a great one too. Yeah, and good to see Felicity Huffman guest in "Ice"!

[quote:dc49511af8="ilis"]The Erlenmeyer Flask is my second favourite of the season behind the Pilot. The alien human hybrid's were pretty cool and I was shocked to see Mulder kidnapped. It was cool that Scully was shown the existence of aliens with the alien baby. I wished she could have held onto it but at least Mulder's life was saved. I was sad to see the death of Deep Throat. As you can probably tell by now I really enjoyed the first season of The X Files.[/quote:dc49511af8]

yes, excellent finale ep to season 1. Deep Throat killed, that was a shock. I liked Deep Throat more than "X".

[quote:dc49511af8="ilis"]I bought Season 2 and Season 3 today so I will be watching them soon.[/quote:dc49511af8]

Good stuff!! Enjoy, you'll be buying 4,5,6,7,8,9 once seasons 2 and 3 hook you well and truly! ha. Look forward to hearing more of your thoughts.

I've almost finished the "Lone Gunmen" series. Its taken me a while. I've got 3 episodes left. Bit of a slow start with this one but I'm starting to get into it. Jimmy is hilarious. Shame there are only 13 episodes.

OH!!! And "I Want To Believe" is out on DVD next week! Can't wait to watch this again. I think I'll enjoy it a lot more having now finished watching the whole tv series.

Brad.
Save The Bill Facebook Petition -
http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheBill
Sopranos Mobster
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:34 am
finally finished the Lone Gunmen series tonight. Overall I really enjoyed it. Some really funny moments. Jimmy was hilarious.

Brad.

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 2,064.80
Mood: infactuated
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:01 pm
[quote:a81811bb6d="brad"]finally finished the Lone Gunmen series tonight. Overall I really enjoyed it. Some really funny moments. Jimmy was hilarious.

Brad.[/quote:a81811bb6d]

Frohike is my favourite. He's awesome.

I must buy the series, it will complete my collection. :mrgreen:
Sopranos Mobster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:31 pm
[quote:b348247738="FireFox"]Frohike is my favourite. He's awesome.

I must buy the series, it will complete my collection. :mrgreen:[/quote:b348247738]

Frohike is probably my favourite as well out of the 3 Lone Gunmen. But Jimmy had some hilarious moments. My favourite being when they were driving down the highway and thought they'd been shot at. But it was their tyre that had blown, lol. So with no jack, Jimmy lefts the side of the van and ends up flipping it over into a creek below. That was funny. Also seeing the Lone Gunmen take care of a baby was great! hehe.

Anyone else picked up "I Want To Believe"? Now out on dvd? I got my pre-order last week and I sat and watched the dvd Friday. Great to see this film again since IWTB is what got me finally watching the whole X-Files series. The film was 10 times better on the second view. I've changed my opinion on it and understood the plot much better this second viewing. Also there were a few extended scenes during the film including [spoiler:b348247738]where the Agent Whitney is killed, you see her body hit the ground and impaled. That definitely was not shown in the cinema.[/spoiler:b348247738] The extras on the disc are great. The gag reel is very funny! Also the special feature on the body parts created for the film, very realistic! I was shocked!

Brad.
Sopranos Mobster
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:31 pm
I'm very happy! I entered a IWTB competition on Ezydvd back when you pre-ordered the movie with them. A caption competition and the prize was a framed prop from the movie (some medical wrist bands). I didn't win however I was contacted last week and told that I had came a very close 2nd and that they had a prize for me!! The newly released X-Files Uncover The Truth Ultimate DVD collection! It arrived to me today. Contains all 9 seasons plus both movies, plus special features, bios and mythology timeline. Very nice set! So I'm excited that all my devoted X-Files watching this year has been rewarded. :)

ilis, have you started watching season two yet??
Cash on hand: 6,600.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:52 pm
[quote:80a038fcef="brad"]I'm very happy! I entered a IWTB competition on Ezydvd back when you pre-ordered the movie with them. A caption competition and the prize was a framed prop from the movie (some medical wrist bands). I didn't win however I was contacted last week and told that I had came a very close 2nd and that they had a prize for me!! The newly released X-Files Uncover The Truth Ultimate DVD collection! It arrived to me today. Contains all 9 seasons plus both movies, plus special features, bios and mythology timeline. Very nice set! So I'm excited that all my devoted X-Files watching this year has been rewarded. :)

ilis, have you started watching season two yet??[/quote:80a038fcef] Yeah I finished it and am watching season 3 just haven't had the time to review Season 2. Overall I liked Season 2 just as much as season 1. Highlight episodes for me were Duane Barry, Ascension, One Breath, Aubrey, Fresh Bones, Colony, End Game, Dod Kalm, Humbug, F. Emasculata, Soft Light and Our Town. Dod Kalm had to be the freakiest episode of tv I have seen in a long time. The comedy episode Humbug was interesting and alot better then I thought it was going to be. The last 2 episodes were real highlights with the shocking death of Mulder's father and the recovery of the alien bodies. I have only seen 1 disc of Season 3 so far but I am enjoying it just as much.
Cash on hand: 210.00
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:04 pm
I saw the newest X-Files movie recently... can't believe how underwhelming it was. It was a MOVIE, not one of those boring episodes they came up with every once in a while. :roll:
Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked up friends.
Cash on hand: 17,270.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:18 pm
congrats on winning the complete collection Brad!

pity you already have all of them. off to ebay then.
Sopranos Mobster
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:01 pm
[quote:825031c939="APM"]congrats on winning the complete collection Brad!

pity you already have all of them. off to ebay then.[/quote:825031c939]

hehe, nah its a really nice set. And it has extra special features that aren't on my season sets. I've watched the season one features sofar. Retail price for this set I saw at Kmart yesterday for 300 dollars. So nice score for a prize.. better than movie prop wrist bands lol
PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy