The Mole: Who Has Played Their Part The Best Previously?

Chat about all of your Reality TV favourites including Masterchef, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, plus all of your overseas RTV favourites.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,840.30
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:39 pm
I Thought this would be a Good question For all the Mole Fans.
I've Been Lightly Following the Various Series, But Watched all of Series 1, 2 And Half a Series Worth of 3.

So Who do you think Has Played the Mole most effectively? (For Various Reasons)
Say Who and Some Reasons

(Help Me With names of Moles too, I Can't Remember them all)
Season 1 - Alan
Season 2 - Michael?
Season 3 - Alaina
Season 4 - Petrina
Season 5 - Liz

Thankyou,
CTUAffillate2005

[color=red:9ae054171c]Mod Edit: Added poll option for Season 5 - ravs[/color:9ae054171c]
Last edited by CTUAffillate on Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sports Presenter
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:49 pm
I would have to say Alan from series 1 .Mostly because something like The MOLE had never been on before so nobody knew about clues and how to find/spot them.Hardly anyone even suspected him and i think not even the crew that filmed it .I seem to remember on the last episode where they show all the clues,they asked the crew with only 3 contestants left who they thought was the MOLE and NOBODY was right.

Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:56 pm
I think season 2 was... Michael? And season 3 was Alaina. I think Alaina was probably the best, because I didn't suspect her at all. I was still convinced that Crystal was the mole in the final episode!
Cash on hand: 302.60
Bank: 2,763,819.00
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:08 pm
:shrug:
Last edited by OJ on Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cash on hand: 9,840.30
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:19 am
Thanks For Your Input Guys, But I Can't Edit the Poll Anymore!! Oh Well. I'll Put the Names Up In the First Post.

Thankyou,
CTUAffillate2005

Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:16 pm
I guessed it was Alan from the very first episode I watched. And as for Petrina, well she was the worst mole we've ever had. That leaves Alaina and whoever the mole was in season 2 (Michael?) But I was more suspicious of Michael than Alaina, hence Alaina gets my vote.
Sports Presenter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:58 pm
[quote:e46f74b8df="Thonix"]I guessed it was Alan from the very first episode I watched.[/quote:e46f74b8df]

[color=red:e46f74b8df][size=24:e46f74b8df]BULL $H!T[/size:e46f74b8df][/color:e46f74b8df]you did not!!!
Cash on hand: 5,975.10
Bank: 2.00
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:03 pm
[quote:6dde7ad3a2="CTUAffilate2005"]Thanks For Your Input Guys, But I Can't Edit the Poll Anymore!! Oh Well. I'll Put the Names Up In the First Post.[/quote:6dde7ad3a2]

Fixed the poll for you. And can't vote since I didn't see the Season 1, 2 or 3 and only watched the latter episodes for 4. However, I had no idea Petrina was the Mole, mind you, wasn't really trying to work it out anyway. :wink:
ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:27 pm
Great idea for a poll! My vote was for Petrina but I'll also give my thoughts about each mole and how they played it...

Alan (2nd best)

He was quiet, kept to himself, and was rarely noticed. Did seem to do quite a bit of sabotage, some very clever (such as tipping Beverley off the raft :lol:). Only Jan figured out it was him, and she's been (IMO) the best mole strategist/player out of all the series. BUT as has already been pointed out, being the first series no one (audience and contestants) really knew what to look for, so I think people's perceptions of Alan as a great mole might be exaggerated by this factor. He was really good, but I have a feeling someone as quiet as him would have many more people on his case in the later series.

Michael (3rd best)

Michael also seemed to be quiet like Alan, but did a worse job as the mole (IMO of course). Outside of the challenges and according to the other contestants' views, he was a friendly/life-of-the-party kinda guy, but when it came down to it, Michael didn't say much on the show (hardly any video diary material... meaning bad/uninteresting acting). In any case, his sabotages seemed more blatant than Alan's (not jumping on the bike in Hitchcock Hotel for half a freakin' hour, plus many others) and this ensured that three people worked out that he was the mole (worst secrecy for a mole in first four series). Still, some clever sabotages here and there.

Alaina (4th best... i.e. WORST :lol:)

My lord she was terrible. Stuck out like a sore thumb from the word go -- she really did look like she was acting/hiding something the whole time. Also seemed boring and lifeless to boot -- no one would cast her as a contestant, she had to be the mole! :lol: Some of her sabotages were cringe-worthy in their obviousness (stepping on the laser, choosing the lambourgini for Yasmin and getting busted for it on the spot). Her video diary material was shocking and she didn't look like a genuine contestant for one second. The producers were obviously aware of her... limited (read: non-existent) acting skills and made sure she was never given the green screen in eliminations (but in a video diary she lied for no reason and said what it was like getting the green screen :doh:). Highest on the Mole Poll every single week. One thing to say in her favour is that only Crystal-Rose voted Alaina in the final, and she changed her vote on the last night... so no one suspected her until the very end! :shock: But I put that down to the contestants being morons rather than Alaina being a good mole.

Petrina (best)

Finally! Someone who actually [i:b2e649139d]acted[/i:b2e649139d]! In the first few episodes she seemed so fresh, outspoken and energetic that I ruled her out (I was expecting another fairly bland mole like the previous three). Her interview/video diary material was shown a LOT (possibly more than any other contestant) which is a HUGE change from the previous moles -- usually the mole's thoughts are only shown for a few seconds each ep, and they're usually boring as. Some brilliant sabotages (such as increasing the heart rate on the wire and getting away with the rather incriminating 'missing photo chip'). Regardless of what you think of the producers' decision to eliminate her (which she nailed in the acting department -- someone give her an Oscar!) or the fake note shenanigins, Petrina was an extremely clever and successful mole.

So that's my two cents' worth (possibly more than two cents :D). I'm sure I know who the mole is this series and here's my evaluation...

[spoiler:b2e649139d]Obviously can't comment completely with not having seen [i:b2e649139d]all[/i:b2e649139d] the challenges and not knowing for [i:b2e649139d]sure[/i:b2e649139d] how many contestants think it's him, but I think John's done a pretty lacklustre job as the mole. Some sneaky sabotages to be sure, and he has almost sabotaged every challenge, but his on-the-spot acting has been TERRIBLE in places and I think the final three contestants (so including Liane) all knew it was him. Still, he's been quite outspoken and that's a positive in my book. And the new format of a week's break and the contestants actually seeing the show has made it a lot harder for the mole I'm sure. I might be eating my words come Thursday night... but I'd LOVE to do so! Unfortunately I don't see anyone else being the mole. I'd put John above Alaina and Michael but below Alan and Petrina (for now at least).[/spoiler:b2e649139d]

Game Show Host
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:36 pm
Despite enjoying them very much, I have very little memory of previous seasons of The Mole.

Maybe I haven't been trying this year, but I still have no idea who the Mole is, but love watching that final when they reveal all the clues.

Could somebody please remind me why Petrina was eliminated? In hindsight it was a bit suss that the only time in five years a contestant has had the option to come back into the game was when The Mole herself was eliminated. Was it a director's choice to put people off, or did they decide to include her questionaire and she legitamately didn't know?
Next

Return to Reality TV