30 Days

Chat about all of your Reality TV favourites including Masterchef, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, plus all of your overseas RTV favourites.
Logie Winner
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:15 pm
The show two nights ago was on binge drinking. it was fascinating. Unfortunately, i didn't use much advise from the show and i really drunk alot last night. People under 18 in here, don't drink alot, as you get head-aches the next day!!!!!!
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:25 pm
[quote:6cb6cfd353="crazy old man"]The show two nights ago was on binge drinking. it was fascinating. Unfortunately, i didn't use much advise from the show and i really drunk alot last night. People under 18 in here, don't drink alot, as you get head-aches the next day!!!!!![/quote:6cb6cfd353]

That was an interesting episode. The mother wasn't having any luck reaching the daughter - but even still I was amazed at the frankness of the daughter. I would never have a casual chat with my mother about often blacking out after drinking.

I love that all the gals knew about date rape drugs being slipped into their drinks & their solution was to covering their bottle with their thumb - not allowing for what happens when they get too drunk to care. I'm cautious about being as safe as possible with my drinks but when it comes down to it - that 2am drink well into party time is never gonna be completely safe......if I've learnt anything about irresponsible drinking (& I think I've learnt my share) it'd be to hit it hard while you're still coherent & then survive on that for the night :P. I'll put it to the test tonight for the Missy concert - I'm taking Vodka, Blue Curaco & pineapple juice to my pre-concert drinks party :D.
[img81]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/Mook-e/sig_carlinda.gif[/img81]
TV: South Of Nowhere - Season 2 | The L Word | Weeds | Sugar Rush
Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 5.00
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:06 pm
[quote:0e72d3d29c="mook-e"]That was an interesting episode. The mother wasn't having any luck reaching the daughter - but even still I was amazed at the frankness of the daughter. I would never have a casual chat with my mother about often blacking out after drinking[/quote:0e72d3d29c]

When she was having a conversation with her mother I was suprised, no parent wants to hear that their daughter got blind drunk last night and doesn't remember a thing.

I wanted to give her a kick up the a$$! She needs more common sense, is she waiting to get raped then learn from her mistakes? :naughty:

Anyways, I don't know what's on next week's episode :|
[imgd5]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q241/moo_storage/roveonline-title.gif[/imgd5]
For the latest [bd5]R O V E [/bd5] news & video clips click here today
Manufacturing online rumours since 2001

News Anchor
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:34 am
I watched the last two episodes.

With the steroid guy - I just wanted to slap his wife as she was driving me crazy. The fight between her and the personal trainer was interesting to watch.

The binge drinking mother - I felt really sad for her son watching that episode. The daughter was an absolute idiot though, and I didn't agree with the mother saying she didn't want to be harsh with her because it might make her rebel, well it looks like she already is, so maybe you should try being stern with her.

I would have liked to see her blood results after the 30days, that would have been a good wrap up.
ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:02 pm
I too felt sad for the son, poor thing was really worried about his mother. It's a shame the daughter didn't feel the same way.

I can't believe how frank the girl was talking to the mum! :shock: I would've liked to have seen a medical check up on the mum after the 30 days to see if her health changed at all.
[img0d]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/honeydukes_12/icons/sig-1-1.jpg[/img0d]

Hollywood Walk of Fame Star
Cash on hand: 10.00
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:32 pm
[quote:4c51decccd="EVIL EVOR"]
Anyways, I don't know what's on next week's episode :|[/quote:4c51decccd]

The next episode that 10 are showing is "Straight Man in a Gay World" which is actually episode 4. They take a God-fearing 24 year old conservative homophobe and gives him a gay roommate in San Fransicso where he goes to a gay friendly church and plays on a gay sports team.

The third episode is actually "Muslims and America" where a 33 year old Christian lives in a Muslim community for 30 days. I don't know why 7 aren't showing it.
Hollywood Extra
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:58 pm
[quote:0a784295da="aussiegirl"][quote:0a784295da="EVIL EVOR"]
Anyways, I don't know what's on next week's episode :|[/quote:0a784295da]

The next episode that 10 are showing is "Straight Man in a Gay World" which is actually episode 4. They take a God-fearing 24 year old conservative homophobe and gives him a gay roommate in San Fransicso where he goes to a gay friendly church and plays on a gay sports team.

The third episode is actually "Muslims and America" where a 33 year old Christian lives in a Muslim community for 30 days. I don't know why 7 aren't showing it.[/quote:0a784295da]

Haven't we already had 3 episodes ? :?
[list:0a784295da]Minimum wage
Regaining youth
Binge Drinking
[/list:u:0a784295da]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 5,975.10
Bank: 2.00
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:45 pm
They have mixed up the episodes for some odd reason. :eh:

The original screening in the US was:

[quote:c878dc8b8f]Episode 1 - Had Morgan and his fiance try to live 30 days on minimum wage. They have rules to obey etc and tasks to perform such as find a job, accomodation etc.

Episode 2 - A guy uses steroids, pills etc for 30days to try to lose weight and get a six pack. Worth watching for WHY he abondons the task 1/2 way through

Episode 3 - Christian living as a Muslim.

Episode 4 - Straight man living as in a gay community

Episode 5 - Living off the grid. Two people, a meat eater and a consumer junkie live in a commune where everything is recycled. Including there own waste

Episode 6 - Binge Drinking. To try to help her (read stupid, useless daughter) see why she should not drink to excess. Her mum binge drinks for 30 days with less than desirable results [/quote:c878dc8b8f]

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 108,429.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:36 am
The show last night was a man living in a gay community. The episode was good, and next week's episode looks very interesting where a Christian is living as a Muslim
Hollywood Extra
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:57 am
Yes. Last nights was an interesting show. They were intelligent people that handled the whole situation very respectfully.
I like how the Christian talked out some of his views and listened to the other side.
It was interesting how he didn't think he'd changed *that much* until he got home and realised how far he'd come.
Very good.
Next week looks good too.
I'm addicted to this show now. :)
PreviousNext

Return to Reality TV