Suggestion: Rising Star Australia (2017: Network Ten)

Chat about all of your Reality TV favourites including Masterchef, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, plus all of your overseas RTV favourites.

Game Show Contestant
Cash on hand: 105.00
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:16 pm
Suggestion: Ten to have new singing show after Australian Idol was axed

To compete with Nine's The Voice and Seven's The X Factor, I suggest Australia (through Network Ten) to buy the rights for the singing competition franchise "Rising Star". The franchise originated in Israel as "Hakokhav Haba" (meaning 'The Next Star'). The format is distributed and produced by an Israel-based media company named Keshet. The program format lets viewers vote for contestants via mobile application. In contrast to other singing competition TV shows which feature a cast of celebrity judges, Rising Star features a cast of celebrity experts and considers the viewers at home the judges. During each performance, the audience at home is able to decide in real time whether or not a contestant is sent through to the next round by using a mobile voting app. While the viewers at home are considered the "judges", the expert panelists also may influence the vote but with continuously decreasing percentage votes over the total public vote and not exceeding 7% of the total voting power. All televised episodes are broadcast live.

After success of the Israeli series in 2013, many television stations throughout the world bought the rights and started broadcasting similar series. Most notable of such stations were the American television network ABC which began airing its first series in June 2014 live.

Currently, the second season of the Indonesian version is broadcast.

I hope Ten will do it in the future as I have sent them an e-mail.

What do you think, Aussies?? do you agree??
Attachments
Rising Star Australia.mp4_000030186.jpg
Rising Star title screen

Return to Reality TV