Australia's Got Talent (2016)

Chat about all of your Reality TV favourites including Masterchef, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, plus all of your overseas RTV favourites.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 8,775.00
Bank: 664,684.00
Mood: Sad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:32 am
Airdate: Australia’s Got Talent

Normally in TV scheduling networks keep their powder dry, preferring to not let the opposition know their every move. Nine has sometimes been notorious for keeping dates and even review copies under wraps until the last minute -occasionally even from publicists….

With more than a month until ratings begin it has shown its hand for Australia’s Got Talent, confirmed as launching Monday February 1st.

The reason? Presumably it wants to take the lead (in the past networks have quibbled over who programmed ‘against’ whom). The date is the day after the Australian Open final meaning it is also the likely premiere date for My Kitchen Rules while TEN is yet to indicate a launch for I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. Whilst Nine has not confirmed the timeslot, 7:30pm would be the likely start time. Whether it strips auditions across the week is also unclear.

There’s a lot riding on it, given it’s essential viewers connect with talent show acts from audition stage.

Australia’s Got Talent, the show that celebrates the unique and brilliant from all walks of life, will premiere on Monday, February 1, on Channel Nine.

Judges Kelly Osbourne, Ian “Dicko” Dickson, Eddie Perfect and Sophie Monk will be joined by host Dave Hughes in a search to discover Australia’s most remarkable new talent.

Auditions will feature a huge variety of acts including dance troupes, jugglers, magicians, incredible animals and death-defying stunts. No act is too big, small or outrageous for the AGT stage.

In an exciting AGT first, each of the judges will have one shot at the new Golden Buzzer that will put an act straight through to the semi-finals. And in another twist, this season will see the introduction of a viewer-voted Wildcard to send one lucky performer directly to the Grand Finale.

The Got Talent format, co-owned by FremantleMedia and Syco Entertainment globally, holds the Guinness World Records title for the highest number of adaptations, making it officially the world’s most successful reality TV format. Since 2006 it has expanded to 183 countries with more than 500 million viewers.

Australia’s Got Talent is a FremantleMedia Australia production in association with ZigZagTV for the Nine Network.

Monday February 1st on Nine.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/01/air ... ent-2.html
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 107,839.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:39 am
when Nine announced Dave Hughes as host, I among others, thought that it was a terrible decision. Don't get me wrong - I don't mind him, but he is more of a hit and miss. I find him great on the Logies, but a miss on The Footy Show AFL. He was alright on The Project.

For the AGT, I thought crap decision. But the ads make me like him on that role. Obviously, I will wait and see him actually host it before I make more judgements.

The judges are good. I like Eddie Perfect and Dicko. I don't mind Kelly Osbourne. I hope Sophie Monk speaks up a little on the show

Return to Reality TV