Dancing With The Stars Australia (2015)

Chat about all of your Reality TV favourites including Masterchef, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, plus all of your overseas RTV favourites.

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 108,391.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:42 am
Daniel MacPherson has quit as host for the show, so he can focus on his acting career.

More info (and source) can be found here: http://tvtonight.com.au/2015/05/daniel- ... stars.html

Sad to see him go. I thought he did a good job overall.

What's Daryl Somers doing these days? We can bring him back???? :P
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 16,354.10
Bank: 659,744.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:55 pm
yellow sock wrote:Daniel MacPherson has quit as host for the show, so he can focus on his acting career.

More info (and source) can be found here: http://tvtonight.com.au/2015/05/daniel- ... stars.html

Sad to see him go. I thought he did a good job overall.

What's Daryl Somers doing these days? We can bring him back???? :P
I'm expecting Larry to pop up actually.
BRING BACK LETTERS AND NUMBERS
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 16,354.10
Bank: 659,744.00
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:45 pm
Seems I was right about Larry I just had the role wrong :P

Seven confirms the full cast:

Ash Pollard – My Kitchen Rules, dancing with Jarryd Byrne
Emma Freedman – TV and Radio Star, dancing with Aric Yegudkin
Kelly Cartwright – Paralympic Champion, partnered by Damian Whitewood
Lynette Bolton – Wedding planner and WAG, partnered by Carmelo Pizzino
Samantha Harris – Supermodel, partnered by first timer Josh Keefe
John Paul Young – Aussie Pop Icon, partnered with newcomer Giselle Peacock
Jude Bolton – AFL legend, dancing with first timer Dianne Buswell
Larry Emdur – TV Star, dancing with Alana Patience
Mat Rogers – Rugby Superstar, dancing with Ash-Leigh Hunter
Matthew Mitcham – Olympic Gold Medalist, dancing with Masha Belash
Tim Robards – Celebrity Bachelor, partnered with newcomer Camille Webb

Starts Sunday 19th July 7pm

My tips:
Women: Emma Freedman or Lynette Bolton
Men: Larry Emdur or Mat Rogers
BRING BACK LETTERS AND NUMBERS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:57 am
I am glad that Larry Emdur has signed up to the show. He's been avoiding the show for some time now, so good on him for finally saying yes. Also happy to see John Paul Young be on the show too.

There are a few C grade celebrities there.

Also.... I don't get why Lynette Bolton is there. Is she really a star? Being a partner of a former AFL star is not a star. They introduced her as "WAG; Wedding planner and tv presenter". I think she has been on Sunrise to talk about weddings very few times. That does not make her a tv presenter. Rant over.

Surprising that there are no actors on the show this time around

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:58 am
im actually not minding this series. I think Shane Bourne is doing a good job in the hosting role.

There are six contestants remaining on the show - Ash from MKR; Emma Freedman; Larry Emdur; Kelly the paralympian; Mat Rogers and Matt Mitcham.
Cash on hand: 9,257.50
Bank: 804,267.00
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:29 am
Dancing with the Stars to conclude early

EXCLUSIVE: Seven is set to wrap Dancing with the Stars earlier than originally scheduled.

TV Tonight understands it will now conclude with a Monday night grand final on September 7th -the first Monday episode in its 15 seasons- and 6 days earlier than its original date of Sunday 13th.

This season has hit new lows, down to 673,000 viewers and also featured its first ‘double elimination.’

Former host Daniel MacPherson recently defended his successor Shane Bourne, but the show has been up against Nine’s Voice as well as attracting some comment over shunting its Live band off camera for the first time in 14 seasons.

But moving the grand final amid under-performing numbers is also strategic and will enable Seven to draw upon its ‘Super September’ events including The X Factor, Peter Allen: Not the Boy Next Door and 800 Words.

http://tvtonight.com.au/2015/08/dancing ... early.html
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer

Game Show Contestant
Cash on hand: 62.50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:18 pm
love~Shane Bourne
Cash on hand: 9,257.50
Bank: 804,267.00
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:17 pm
Axed: Dancing with the Stars

Seven has officially confirmed the end of its long association with Dancing with the Stars.

A Seven spokesperson has told the Daily Telegraph, “We’ve had a great deal of enjoyment and fun during the incredible 12 years of tulle and twirling Dancing has given us all. The audience numbers from the last season were disappointing though, and the show will not return in 2017.”

During its 12 years the show was a mega-hit for Seven -first with Daryl Somers and later with Daniel MacPherson. At its height it was pulling over 2 million viewers, a plethora of media coverage and even celebrity romances. But the 2015 season with Shane Bourne struggled to keep longterm fans of the show tuning in and the show is expensive to produce.

While it didn’t appear this year, Seven had kept its dance card open on the format. But with Seven’s Upfronts due on Wednesday, the confirmation will avoid likely questions.

It may also be a hint that another network has moved towards the show given’s Seven’s rights would presumably lapse after 12 months off air. Nine previously pounced on Australia’s Got Talent as soon as rights had expired. Could another network be circling the show for their own stable of stars…?

A year ago a Seven spokesperson said, “Another series of Dancing With The Stars was never in doubt — of course it is back next year.”

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/10/axe ... stars.html
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:05 pm
I knew that Seven had rested the show for this year, with the hopes to bring it back next year, but it is a shame that they officially cancelled it.

I know it was in a decline over the last few years, but with the year-long-break, it could have come back bigger and better (and with some bigger and well-known stars).
Cash on hand: 164.50
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:18 pm
It actually does not surprise me one bit ... when they used Shane Bourne as the host last year it lost the ratings and it would have been hard to recover from that with him as host.

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions

Return to Reality TV