The X Factor (2015)

Chat about all of your Reality TV favourites including Masterchef, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, plus all of your overseas RTV favourites.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 124.50
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:50 pm
The Sydney auditions are being held over the June long weekend and I attended the first session.

This year the judges are:

Chris Issacs
Danni Minogue
James Blunt ( boy is he short)
Guy Sebastian

The audience were shown the XFactor app or I should say special website that allows us to swipe right to say yes and swipe left to say no.

I am not sure how this will work but I suspect it will be available when the show eventually airs and the viewers will be able to submit their vote although the decisions have already been made.

In the audition that I saw there were three proper standing ovations and well deserved ones as well. The last contest I expect to make it all the way to the live shows.

Unfortunately there were a couple of severe train wrecks.

It will be interesting to see the audition episodes when they air.

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:27 pm
I am in love with this season of X Factor if you couldn't tell on my twitter feed (@greysfan). Sorry i haven't been posting my thoughts. Been busy. I may try and post a weekly report when the live shows come along.

My top 5 are Finnin, Michaela, Shannon, Paris Inc and Mihalia. Finnin are the best duo i have seen in such a long time. They are incredible! Here's the thing we didn't know about them until the last episode. They kept them a secret.

The talent on this show this year is out of this world. There is also Maddison, In Stereo, Georgia, The Fisher Boys, Aaron, Isaiah, Louise, Natalie and Big T. I could keep going! I know i've missed some. However Panda is mediocre. At the time i thought yeah! but now as nice a person he is, he's not a strong vocalist compared to the rest of the competition.

This Sunday-Tuesday is going to kill me emotionally as its going to be brutal and heartbreaking tv. I'm really scared some of my faves are going to miss out. I've seen this challenge in the UK and it was the most insane thing i have ever seen. I was kind of hoping we didn't adopt it but we did. I think we're going to be awesome season.
Cash on hand: 9,840.30
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:53 pm
Only been watching bits and pieces, personally getting a bit meh and a little of Auditions fatigue this year... thankfully it looks to have finished over 5 nights (that'll do :P), as they try and cram this in after starting the latest they have ever done within ratings period.

This five-seat challenge or whatever looks kinda interesting though. If this is all over within a week as well with bootcamp/home visits, they should be more on track with 2010-2012's airings with a late-November finish. :P
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Yeah i'm a fan of the week of auditions and then that's it. I think it works.

So on a side note, not only have i had a couple of tweets on the show, it's now in the latest promo for tonight! That is cool. :<
Cash on hand: 124.50
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:33 pm
greysfan wrote:Yeah i'm a fan of the week of auditions and then that's it. I think it works.

So on a side note, not only have i had a couple of tweets on the show, it's now in the latest promo for tonight! That is cool. :<

I was just about to post about your tweet being in the TV promo

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:59 pm
Ah another blast from the past... I'm like hey! Isn't that... Then they mentioned her and yeah! It's Roshani Priddis from Aus Idol 2008. Wonder if she'll get in.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:08 am
What a crazy week! The top 12 are incredible. Can't believe the amount of talent we have this year.

The live shows began this week and I had a recap written out but it got coffee all over so i won't do one this week for the live show but i will for next week.

My Top 3 were Mahalia, Nat and Louise. Michaela was also captivating as always too. The bottom 2 i believed would be Dan and In Stereo based on performances alone BUT i had a huge gut feeling it would be Georgia and turned out she was in the bottom.

On a side note for a sec, i must say Twitter is going pretty cray cray at the moment and i've even got Channel 7 talking about red frogs and people not knowing what the hell they were talking about :lol:

Tonights results show was intense! My fave of the whole competition was in the bottom 2! Georgia nearly left way too soon. I am so glad the judges saved her. She is going to be a force to be reckoned with! It's truly sad to see Dan go home though. He is a great talent but one mistake or bad song choice could cost you. Honestly i thought his rendition of Alica Keys was pretty weak in comparison to Georgia singing Ave Maria.

The guests, Jess Mauboy was extraordinary 8-) while Justin Beiber was very very ordinary. :roll:

Next week should be interesting as live shows move to their permanent timeslot of Monday 7:30pm. I'm so excited this year.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:03 pm
This timeslot thing was weird this week. They just played a Crazy Airports special and a Premiere movie on the monday night, Was Tuesday the only night they could get Bieber live live or something? EDIT: ah, wikipedia tells me it was shifted due to the AFL Brownlow coverage on seven. Think it was on 7two/mate here and main channel in other states?

Anyways I think towards the middle/end of either 2011 or 12 was monday/tuesday nights as well IIRC. Obviously theyre avoiding the NRL GF next week but then theyve got Quantico going on Sundays the week after.

I didnt watch all of sundays, but I kinda caught up during the recap on tuesday night. King is one of my fave songs recently, and from what I heard, In Stereo werent too flash on it?

I half wasn't expecting Jimmy to go under the radar at this point, He was one of the surprise picks from home visits for me. He might end up like that Ellie Lovegrove or whatever her name was from Foo's girls in 2013 - she sailed through for quite a couple of weeks and wasnt one of the most talked about acts (aside from the steamroller effect Dami had from very early on in the piece). I remember some weeks I was like, wait, whos she again? oh yeah Foo's other girl. Anyways will be interesting to see what happens with him.

A few kinda unusual song choices on sunday, plus a bit seriously? at Big T not knowing Satisfaction but knowing Signed Sealed... from a similar time period on his audition, horses for courses and all that but I could understand it a little more if it was one of the rolling stones relatively lesser known hits.

Georgia may have copped the 'first cab off the rank syndrome', sometimes he first performance gets lost amid the others (especially if theres a blockbuster night ender, was Natalie last on Sunday? hers looked like a showstopper). I would have liked to see deadlock actually, but then again I'd prob agree Dan might've become a bit snoozeville in the coming weeks (which I think Matt & Jess could still become if they don't move too far out of their mono-style).

The same could possibly be said of Natalie going for the 'Dance/House' genre, although theres a little more room to move and make it look somewhat deceptively different there with some wow moments you could say (Spectrum has that Calvin Harris remix version) which might be a little harder to do with some jazz/ more acoustically sitting numbers which can tend to be more laid back.

Its been said before, but sometimes not being the most versatile performer can be a major disadvantage on these shows in terms of the competition - Look at Rochelle when they hit Rock week last year. Boybands have also been historically hit and miss and maybe slightly factored by the competition they have, See Ronan's three boy groups all different placings in 2012 vs. a group like YTY (similar make up/style to In Stereo and being a first few weeks boot) from last year.

Anyway a good first week of live shows. That's a killer track from Jess Mauboy, eve though it sounds a bit like a Rudimental - by-numbers drum and bass knockoff, it packs a punch. Will be interesting to see if it jumps the charts a bit like Delta's Wings did and hit #1 now its been used in the Quantico promos and an X Factor slot.

Oscar Presenter
Cash on hand: 1,172.20
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:09 am
CTUAffillate wrote:This timeslot thing was weird this week. They just played a Crazy Airports special and a Premiere movie on the monday night, Was Tuesday the only night they could get Bieber live live or something? EDIT: ah, wikipedia tells me it was shifted due to the AFL Brownlow coverage on seven. Think it was on 7two/mate here and main channel in other states?

Anyways I think towards the middle/end of either 2011 or 12 was monday/tuesday nights as well IIRC. Obviously theyre avoiding the NRL GF next week but then theyve got Quantico going on Sundays the week after.

I didnt watch all of sundays, but I kinda caught up during the recap on tuesday night. King is one of my fave songs recently, and from what I heard, In Stereo werent too flash on it?

I half wasn't expecting Jimmy to go under the radar at this point, He was one of the surprise picks from home visits for me. He might end up like that Ellie Lovegrove or whatever her name was from Foo's girls in 2013 - she sailed through for quite a couple of weeks and wasnt one of the most talked about acts (aside from the steamroller effect Dami had from very early on in the piece). I remember some weeks I was like, wait, whos she again? oh yeah Foo's other girl. Anyways will be interesting to see what happens with him.

A few kinda unusual song choices on sunday, plus a bit seriously? at Big T not knowing Satisfaction but knowing Signed Sealed... from a similar time period on his audition, horses for courses and all that but I could understand it a little more if it was one of the rolling stones relatively lesser known hits.

Georgia may have copped the 'first cab off the rank syndrome', sometimes he first performance gets lost amid the others (especially if theres a blockbuster night ender, was Natalie last on Sunday? hers looked like a showstopper). I would have liked to see deadlock actually, but then again I'd prob agree Dan might've become a bit snoozeville in the coming weeks (which I think Matt & Jess could still become if they don't move too far out of their mono-style).

The same could possibly be said of Natalie going for the 'Dance/House' genre, although theres a little more room to move and make it look somewhat deceptively different there with some wow moments you could say (Spectrum has that Calvin Harris remix version) which might be a little harder to do with some jazz/ more acoustically sitting numbers which can tend to be more laid back.

Its been said before, but sometimes not being the most versatile performer can be a major disadvantage on these shows in terms of the competition - Look at Rochelle when they hit Rock week last year. Boybands have also been historically hit and miss and maybe slightly factored by the competition they have, See Ronan's three boy groups all different placings in 2012 vs. a group like YTY (similar make up/style to In Stereo and being a first few weeks boot) from last year.

Anyway a good first week of live shows. That's a killer track from Jess Mauboy, eve though it sounds a bit like a Rudimental - by-numbers drum and bass knockoff, it packs a punch. Will be interesting to see if it jumps the charts a bit like Delta's Wings did and hit #1 now its been used in the Quantico promos and an X Factor slot.

Jesus Mauboy's song climbed to number 8 after being featured on X Factor.

Cash on hand: 108,361.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:27 am
I don't even watch The X Factor, and am already over the "James Blunt - Danii Minogue Feud". Cant advertisers of the show just show more of the contestants and less of the judges. If that happens, I might actually tune into the show!!

Return to Reality TV