Gogglebox (Australia)

Chat about all of your Reality TV favourites including Masterchef, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, plus all of your overseas RTV favourites.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,883.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:55 pm
theres something unrealistic about this show

In that people don't watch tv the way that this reality tv show portrays it - anymore

People are either watching it on their laptops, phones, through illegal downloading... and such :<|
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 30,502.50
Bank: 2,195,898.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:37 pm
CONDEMNED666 wrote:theres something unrealistic about this show

In that people don't watch tv the way that this reality tv show portrays it - anymore

People are either watching it on their laptops, phones, through illegal downloading... and such :<|

Erm, I'm old. Everyone I know watches tv on their ... tv!
In their living room.
Often together!

(The teenagers and parents cuddling on the couch together however ... :shock: )
Cash on hand: 13,465.50
Bank: 5,302,197.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:20 pm
Even I can't watch this, and I'm renowned for watching some crap. I've tried twice, and twice it's gone off after ten minutes! Woo hoo! Improvements all round!
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,883.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:51 pm
You should watch the brit version j :p

ER Surgeon
Cash on hand: 612.50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:35 am
The_Admiral wrote: Why hello stranger ... long time no see :)

The UK version can be found on YouTube and it does look interesting but whether I will watch all episodes is yet to be seen

Hello Admiral! Haven't been back since my post a couple of weeks ago, but I had to come back to comment.

Someone put the first episode on YouTube, so I sat and watched the whole thing from beginning to end. Yes, the WHOLE thing.

There is one thing that just leaped out at me--and I'll admit, this is the stupidest thing to notice. But in the American and Canadian versions, most of the people are just scarfing down all kinds of food while they're watching--pizzas, cakes, you name it. But in the Australian version, except for the occasional glass of wine or bottle of beer, no one was eating anything. They were watching the TV shows without pigging out on all sorts of junk food. I'm not sure what that means, but I just thought, wow that's a really civilized way to watch television. :D

As for the show, there were a few funny moments. But I basically agree with most of the people on the board. I just think they chose the wrong people.
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,161,656.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:22 pm
Its twitter on your tv. I say no more to that.
Cash on hand: 13,465.50
Bank: 5,302,197.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:50 pm
Now I've got to know the "viewers", I'm finding this very entertaining.
Cash on hand: 8,862.50
Bank: 731,152.00
Mood: Sad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:54 pm
Gogglebox Australia to return in February

Ten and Foxtel have revealed that  Gogglebox Australia will return in mid-February.

The TV Week Logie Award-winning show about people watching television takes viewers into 11 Australian lounge rooms to capture the often hilarious and heart-warming reactions of some of the country’s most opinionated and avid television viewers.

In excellent news  all of the much-loved Gogglebox Australia households from Season 4 are returning for Season 5: best mates and larrikins with a thirst for life Adam and Symon; bubbly Greek best friends Anastasia and Faye; cocktail-loving Wayne and Tom; the sports-crazy Jackson family; the fun-loving and cricket-mad Delpechitra family; vivacious friends and housemates Angie and Yvie; the Indigenous art dealers Mick and Di; the close knit Dalton family; the happily married couple Lee and Keith; the three generations of women in the Silbery family; and old high school acquaintances and housemates Zina and Vivian.

Foxtel and Network Ten announced Season 5 of Gogglebox Australia, will premiere on Foxtel’s LifeStyle Channel on Wednesday, 15 February at 7.30pm, and on TEN on Thursday, 16 February at 9.00pm.

http://rynostv.com/gogglebox-australia- ... -february/
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Cash on hand: 770.00
Bank: 1,163,137.00
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:28 pm
Definitely one of my fav shows. Love it! Looking forward to its return in a couple of weeks.
Previous

Return to Reality TV