Netflix Original Movies

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,068.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:32 am
we all know they have TV Shows that are made exclusive to the streaming service but they also have movies too. they don't seem to have DVD releases, unlike TV Shows that do.

ones I'm real surprised don't get cinema releases, here's a new one with Will Smith -

I guess perhaps with the disappointing movies he's made lately like Collateral Beauty companies don't wanna take the risk of it flopping in cinemas.

take Adam Sandler for example, he used to be a star with funny comedies. now he just makes unfunny garbage. he signed a deal with Neflix to do 4 movies. Ridiculous 6 and The To Do List he's done for Netflix. I've seen them, they aren't that great so it's no surprise they are going straight to Netflix.

now his 3rd Sandy Wexler will be on there soon -

even Martin Scorsese with his recent cinema release Silence hasn't done well and now the company that's making it don't have faith in his next one which is The Irishman, which reunites him with Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci. it's the one movie that deserves a cinema release, they are crazy if they think it won't make money in cinemas.

I think at the very least they should have a limited cinema release for a week and then goes to Netflix.

I don't have it anymore but may rejoin.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,068.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:19 am
wow, even Brad Pitt is going straight to Netflix. did Allied not make much money?

when I see big name actors make a movie and it doesn't get a cinema release and goes straight to Netflix and not DVD it make me think that the company to made/financed it has no faith in it making money. recent box office might be too low for what they spend on making these movies. even Scorsese, De Niro and Pesci reuniting aren't safe!

Return to General Movie Discussion