Movie Ticket Prices

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:31 pm
3D is a rarity for me - only seen two movies in 3D this year. I'm still happy to pay 17 bucks for a movie, but I go on Tuesday nights when its around 10 or 11 dollars for a ticket.
Cash on hand: 17,453.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:22 am
who has a Hoyts near them that they go to? there's only one here in S.A. which is 5-10 minutes away from me. all the other ones are pretty far, although there's one in the city (Palace Nova) which has the cheapest price on Monday ($7.50) and full price every other day. but damn Hoyts and Palace Nova are the most expensive ever!! $20 for an Adult!! that is crazy, Hoyts has Tight Ass Tuesday which is around $13. Tuesday is when I go, I have a Hoyts rewards card which I use for random movies that are $10 every week, but I usually can't wait a few weeks or so for those so I just go Tuesday.

but damn $20 is way too much! and that's just for 2D, 3D will set you back around $23 and an extra buck for the glasses. my Hoyts (at Modbury) has 9 cinemas, cinema 1 is the biggest and I believe they charge you more for that one then cinemas 2-9. if you go on Tuesday it'll cost you $16 instead of $13 for the others. all because it has a bigger screen, better sound, better seats and such. it's the 'Extremescreen' Im sure most Hoyts have.

America always have cheap prices no matter where they go, or at what time. I went to America and my cousin and I (a yank) went to the movies before midday and it only cost $6, the average price is around $8 give or take. I couldn't believe it :shock:

how about you guys, how much are ticket prices where you live?

I'm real curious about this subject.
Cash on hand: 770.00
Bank: 1,279,451.00
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:59 am
If you are a cinebuzz member and have event cinemas near you, you can currently buy a $40 gift card for $30. (You can sign up straight away and buy the vouchers if you are not a member)
Then you can on use that with telstra rewards movie tickets at $11 each. Thus making your movie fare around $8.25.

Just a tip for those interested.

If you are not with telstra buy a sim for $2 and sign up and you can use the rewards.
Cash on hand: 17,453.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:05 pm
last year in SA tickets have gone down in price by half!

we're around $20 but Hoyts and some others have gone down to $10!!

other states are still paying full price.

I used to be picky about what movies I see but now it's cheaper and not I go all the time.

just hope it doesn't go up in price.
Previous

Return to General Movie Discussion