Recent Trailers

ER Surgeon
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:50 pm
Okay

You've seen the trailer
You go see the movie.

What's this - that bit in the trailer - it isn't in the movie.

How do you feel?
ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:51 pm
Ban those that practice it...

Where was that petition web site again?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:26 pm
it doesn't really bother me all that much... basically, as long as the movie doesn't suck, i got no big problems... trailers are there mostly for people who dont go out of their way to know when movies are coming out anyway... if i like the sound of a movie, a trailer is usually not going to get my attention... thats not to say that they never do though!

TVAus Rookie
Cash on hand: 2.50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:32 pm
I actually think it is good when they do that because that way the trailer does not ruin the movie for you. Like with Scooby Do there was a whole scene where Sarah Michelle was kung fu fighting at a japanese training camp, part of it was in the trailer and then only appeared again in the deleted scenes on the dvd.

I thought that was smart use of good footage that had to be edited out cos it slowed down the movie. So I would actually prefer them to use deleted scenes in the trailer and not ruin the movie by giving up jokes in the trailer, as so many movies do.
- syl
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:53 pm
[quote:87ff8f6556="syl"]I actually think it is good when they do that because that way the trailer does not ruin the movie for you.[/quote:87ff8f6556]

If it distracts me from the film then it irritates. Like with 2 Weeks Notice, I noticed :) that the 'that's silly have u met...' line said by Hugh takes place in a different room then in the trailor.....I'm a child of tv for christs sake I notice everything in the trailors & if I don't see it in the film I notice it - now sometimes that doesn't bother me but others it distracts me like in 2WN it does as for a moment during the film my mind was remembering the trailor which isn't good!!

I'd prefer trailors to be like [b:87ff8f6556]Ice Age[/b:87ff8f6556] just the one scene. So you get a glimpse & a feel for what the films like without seeing images that may be near the end of story. That bugs me big time when I know the guy won't die cos I've seen him in the trailor doing something & he has yet to do it.

Sweet Home Alabama felt like one big trailor. You couldn't go 10 minutes without seeing a scene or moment that was in the trailor & that bugs me!!!
[img81]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/Mook-e/sig_carlinda.gif[/img81]
TV: South Of Nowhere - Season 2 | The L Word | Weeds | Sugar Rush

TVAus Rookie
Cash on hand: 2.50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:49 pm
I understand how that could bug you. As with my example of scooby doo, I was waiting for that kung foo scene with Sarah Michelle but it never happened. It did bug me a little but not nearly as much as if they had used footage from a crucial scene/joke in the movie.

In the end it was ok because they put the scenes on the dvd. And after all its not like them using those scenes that arent in the movie for the trailer is bad, cos you have already scenes those scenes (often many many times) in the trailer. I reckon it would be worse if you never ever got to see that footage, which is possible if the scene has been deleted from the movie.

In summary, I think that there are some sweet scenes deleted from movies that are given a new lease on life in the trailer, so it must be a good thing!
- syl
Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:35 am
Trailers, if I may go back a bit when Steven Spielberg made Jurasic Park, because the dinisaurs were so lifelike trailers were continually shown on TV at picture theatres.

On that occasion it was most offputting when I saw the film, nearly every scene had been shown in all the trailers shown.

Yep and shelling out the dosh was a real pain :snipersmile: :shocked!:
[b7d][u7d][color=blue7d]Stargate News Australia[/color7d][/u7d][/b7d]

[b7d][color=green7d][size=187d]They want us to believe the television ratings in aus are factual, yeah right and pigs might fly[/b7d][/color7d][/size7d]
[img7d]http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/pigSflymed.gif[/img7d]
News Anchor
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:01 pm
Yeah I find it annoying where I'm waiting for a scene from the trailer in the movie cos I want to see more of it - ugh, very annoying. :p

Most of the time I try my best to avoid trailers altogether though - for something like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars which I'm gonna watch anyway I will switch channels just to avoid the trailer so I see it all for the first time in the movie - much better. 8)
[img11]http://everest.fit.qut.edu.au/~n2723336/darkange.jpg[/img11]
Cash on hand: 90.00
Bank: 2,238,962.90
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:59 am
Tonight I watched the new trailer for [b:4ea4cd4121]TMNT[/b:4ea4cd4121] which looked awesome!
The new trailer for [b:4ea4cd4121]300[/b:4ea4cd4121] - I don't usually go for this type of movie but this one has me intrigued.
[b:4ea4cd4121]Shrek the Third[/b:4ea4cd4121] - Looks fracking sweet!
[b:4ea4cd4121]Epic Movie[/b:4ea4cd4121] - Another one like scary movie
Cash on hand: 7,735.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:25 am
Epic Movie looks great.
The new shrek doesnt look good because the trailer isnt funny.
Hot Fuzz looks good as does Grindhouse.
Next

Return to General Movie Discussion