Movies That Have Had Re-Shoots

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 3,201.80
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:51 pm
Do you ever wonder why on earth movie producers add things to their films when it would be so much better if they didnt do it?

2 things which get me annoyed are:

Lord Of The Rings III: Why O Why does Frodo have to leave on that ship thing with Gandalf? He has been the main focus of the whole film and then he goes and leaves and the film ends with Sam! Why!? I love the trilogy but that is the only things that just pisses me off lol.

X-Men III: Why does Scott have to die so early in the film? I know that everything isnt happy and people have to die in films, but we get 3 major deaths in the last film of thr trilogy and Scott dies in the first quarter of the film! Once again, I love the trilogy but this pees me off. Another little thing about this film is that Mystique is hardly in it! She is such a great character but she is barely seen in the 2nd half of the film.

Anything that makes you wonder "WHY O WHY did they do that?"
Rocking with Bon Jovi: Perth Dec 8th // Sydney Dec 17th // Sydney Dec 19th
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 4,298,345.30
Mood: feeling under the weather
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:27 pm
[quote:e14d393f57="Savvi"]Do you ever wonder why on earth movie producers add things to their films when it would be so much better if they didnt do it?[/quote:e14d393f57]
All the time. I have plenty aggravated annoyances regarding the [i:e14d393f57]The Lord of the Rings[/i:e14d393f57] films. :x

[quote:e14d393f57="Savvi"]Lord Of The Rings III: Why O Why does Frodo have to leave on that ship thing with Gandalf? He has been the main focus of the whole film and then he goes and leaves and the film ends with Sam! Why!? I love the trilogy but that is the only things that just pisses me off lol. [/quote:e14d393f57]
Uh, my dear... It was in the book. :wink: What was LEFT OUT of the film was the information that was told in the Appendix of the trilogy (book spoilers ensue): [spoiler:e14d393f57] that Sam led a happy life in The Shire with his wife, Rosie, and this thirteen children. After his wife died, and his kids had families of their own, Sam, as one of the Ring-bearers, scored a free boat-ride to Valinor, where he met up with Frodo again. [/spoiler:e14d393f57]

Maybe you should read the book. :P
Cash on hand: 1,889.30
Bank: 44,213.00
Mood: doubting
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:57 pm
[quote:3883ba0da7="Savvi"]Lord Of The Rings III: Why O Why does Frodo have to leave on that ship thing with Gandalf? He has been the main focus of the whole film and then he goes and leaves and the film ends with Sam! Why!? I love the trilogy but that is the only things that just pisses me off lol.[/quote:3883ba0da7]

I thought it was lame how they spent a good 20+ minutes showing every little damn thing that Frodo and Sam got up to after the ring was destroyed but apart from a small scene about Aragorn becoming the 'King of Men' (or whatever the title was) and a scene about the elves leaving (which involved Frodo and Sam also) we saw love all about everyone else.

To me (and I never read the books so I couldn't care less what happened in the books), that felt like they were trying SOOOOO hard to act like Frodo and Sam were the most greatest, importantest, greatest characters in the whole trilogy. Why the hell didn't we get any scenes about the other bunch of characters who were rather central to the plot (Frodo and Sam weren't even APART of any of the major battles that were so central to the films if I recall)?

It just felt to me like the film makers had to act like Frodo and Sam were the ultra central ark of the story at the end for some reason. Maybe it was like that in the book, but it sure as hell didn't seem like it in the films. I don't care what was in the books, from a film standpoint it felt retarded to me.
Modest to the top.
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 4,298,345.30
Mood: feeling under the weather
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:09 pm
[quote:2eb4bff123="Mr President"]I thought it was lame how they spent a good 20+ minutes showing every little damn thing that Frodo and Sam got up to after the ring was destroyed but apart from a small scene about Aragorn becoming the 'King of Men' (or whatever the title was) and a scene about the elves leaving (which involved Frodo and Sam also) we saw **** all about everyone else.[/quote:2eb4bff123]
There had been a rumour that there would be an epilogue type thing at the end of RotK [to balance with the prologue at the start of FotR] which would say what happened with all the major characters (hobbits, elves, men, dwarves). This information is given in the Appendix of the books, and various other Tolkien reference books. Sadly, the epilogue just didn't happen. :( And it could have made up for a lot of the crap that occurred in the film. :eh:
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 247.50
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:13 pm
My WHY O WHYs would be:

1. Why did they kill Jean Grey off in Xmen 2 the way they did? I mean they had a guy who could have turned all that water to ice!

2. Xmen 3 again with Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix, why not just throw the kid that negated talents at her. Or why didn't Wolverine inject her with one of those darts when he got there?

3. I agree with the whole RoTK bit. I know they did it that way in the book, but they changed/omitted other parts of the book that improved the movie. They could have cut the whole last 20 minutes. (book spoiler)[spoiler:926300270e]Especially since they changed the ending anyway with the Shire remaining mostly unaffected by the war.[/spoiler:926300270e]
I may be a geek, but it's one of my endearing qualities.
Cash on hand: 3,201.80
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:36 pm
[quote:5038dba2b4="Kerrbea"]2. Xmen 3 again with Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix, why not just throw the kid that negated talents at her. Or why didn't Wolverine inject her with one of those darts when he got there?[/quote:5038dba2b4]

Definately agree. They used 4 darts on Magneto, They couldve used one on Jean :shrug:

Also, LMAO! I can just imagine the 'cure' kid being ditched at Jean! What an anit climax pmsl.

"TAKE THAT!" *throws kid* :lol:
Rocking with Bon Jovi: Perth Dec 8th // Sydney Dec 17th // Sydney Dec 19th
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:36 pm
Movies and books are seperate to me so I dont take much notice of these things.
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:05 am
The film [i:ccde0a79c5]The Descent[/i:ccde0a79c5] had a tacked on ending that should've been left off.
[spoiler:ccde0a79c5]
Basically at the end of the film the last surviving woman escapes the caves, runs back to their jeeps and drives away in a panicked state, pulling over because she almost hits a truck. She leans out the window, throws up and sits back in the jeep to have one of her dead friends sitting next to her.
THAT'S where the film should've ended. But no.
After that little scare she wakes up and she's back in the cave. She sees a vision of her dead daughter with a birthday cake and then the film ends.
The tacked on ending confused a LOT of people, even me!
Aparently upon the film's American release they cut off that tacked on ending so it ends after she escapes.
[/spoiler:ccde0a79c5]
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 247.50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:43 am
[quote:e3199299d3="Savvi"]Also, LMAO! I can just imagine the 'cure' kid being ditched at Jean! What an anit climax pmsl.

"TAKE THAT!" *throws kid* :lol:[/quote:e3199299d3]

I was definitely thinking that guy that threw Wolverine at the start in the simulator could definitely have thrown the kid. :lol: I wanted to see the reaction from both the kid and Jean when he flys through the air, hits her in the stomach and then just sits there on top of her blinnking with surprise. :D
I may be a geek, but it's one of my endearing qualities.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,479.50
Bank: 20,967.00
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:34 am
Yeah I agree about the ending for Return of the King, but not because of Frodo leaving on the ship, but they left the portion out of the book where[spoiler:06e4485e4c]they encounter Saruman with diminished power and the hobbits then proceed to right the Shire again[/spoiler:06e4485e4c]
Next

Return to General Movie Discussion