2014/15 US TV Upfronts

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 16,988.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:14 pm
there's a lot of axed shows this year, wow. not sure if it's been mentioned yet (too lazy to look) but...

NBC axes Dracula and CBS axes The Crazy Ones, Intelligence, Bad Teacher and Friends with Better Lives.

boy, Sarah Michelle Gellar isn't having any luck. first Ringer and now Crazy Ones.

I saw a taping of Dads in L.A. last year, they showed us an ep before the taping (so I saw 2) and it was quite funny. also saw the set for Community on a tour, had a chance to see Friends with Better Lives but the taping was moved to the night of the Dads taping. so glad I saw the taping and sets while I could, it was so awesome!
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,161,656.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:40 am
NBC has revealed its schedule for the 2014-15 season with a surprise with its smash hit The Blacklist will move to Thursdays mid-season BUT it does get the Super-Bowl timeslot which i think could help it in the move. Hannibal, Parenthood and Parks and Recreation will return for final seasons. If you ask me NBC are the biggest idiots in the world to move The Blacklist. They did it with Smash and Revolution and look where they are now. On the scrap heap. I LOVE The Blacklist and i hope it survives on Thursdays but over in the US that is a hard night to crack.

They have announced a number of new series including Bad Judge, State of Affairs and The Mysteries of Laura. The complete list can be seen on the first page of the thread with a massive 10 Dramas and 7 comedies have been announced including the return of Heroes: Reborn.

TV Line wrote:Fall TV: NBC's Blacklist Due for Midseason Move, Parks and Rec MIA, DC's Constantine on Fridays

NBC is the first broadcast network to unveil its schedule for the 2014-15 TV season, and the biggest news regarding returning shows involves a midseason move (and a post-Super Bowl showcase) for The Blacklist and a TBD premiere plan for Parks and Recreation‘s final (yes, officially final) season.

Also of note: Katherine Heigl’s CIA-themed TV comeback will lay claim to The Blacklist‘s to-be-vacated Monday time slot, Debra Messing’s The Mysteries of Laura will lead off Wednesdays and Casey Wilson’s Marry Me comedy will pit Penny versus Brad as it faces off against Damon Wayans Jr.’s New Girl.

On tap for midseason or later are the Russian spy thriller Allegiance, the Traffic-like Odyssey, the comedies Mission Control, Mr. Robinson, One Big Happy and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and the “event” series Emerald City, Aquarius (starring David Duchovny), A.D. (aka the follow-up to The Bible, premiering Easter Sunday) and the 13-episode Heroes Reborn. You can also expect to see somewhere new cycles of Hollywood Game Night and Celeb Apprentice, as well as Season 3 of Hannibal.

All told, the NBC schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

MONDAY
8 pm The Voice
10 pm The Blacklist (STATE OF AFFAIRS premieres Nov. 17)

TUESDAY
8 pm The Voice
9 pm MARRY ME
9:30 pm About a Boy
10 pm Chicago Fire

WEDNESDAY
8 pm THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA
9 pm Law & Order: SVU
10 pm Chicago P.D.

THURSDAY
8 pm The Biggest Loser
9 pm BAD JUDGE (The Blacklist moves to the 9 o’clock hour starting Feb. 5)
9:30 pm A TO Z
10 pm Parenthood (FINAL SEASON)

FRIDAY
8 pm Dateline
9 pm Grimm
10 pm CONSTANTINE

SATURDAY
Encore programming

SUNDAY
7 pm Football Night in America
8:20 pm NBC Sunday Night Football

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Believe, Community, Crisis, Dracula, Growing Up Fisher, Ironside, The Michael J. Fox Show, Revolution, Sean Saves the World and Welcome to the Family.
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:18 pm
FOX has announced its 2014/15 schedule with Gotham taking Mondays, Glee held until mid-season, Bones moves back to Thursdays while Mulaney gets Sunday which is an interesting move away from the normal animated comedy timeslot as Brooklyn Nine-Nine also moves to Sundays. Red Band Society gets Wednesdays while Utopia takes Tuesdays.

TV By The Numbers wrote:Here is Fox's 2014-15 primetime schedule:

MONDAY
8:00-9:00 PM GOTHAM (new)
9:00-10:00 PM SLEEPY HOLLOW

TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM UTOPIA (new)
9:00-9:30 PM New Girl
9:30-10:00 PM The Mindy Project

WEDNESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM HELL'S KITCHEN
9:00-10:00 PM RED BAND SOCIETY (new)

THURSDAY
8:00-9:00 PM BONES
9:00-10:00 PM GRACEPOINT (new)

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM MASTERCHEF JUNIOR
9:00-10:00 PM UTOPIA (new)

SATURDAY
7:00-10:30 PM FOX SPORTS SATURDAY

SUNDAY
7:00-7:30 PM NFL Game
7:30-8:00 PM BOB'S Burgers
8:00-8:30 PM THE Simpsons
8:30-9:00 PM BROOKLYN NINE-NINE
9:00-9:30 PM Family Guy
9:30-10:00 PM MULANEY (new)
Cash on hand: 9,840.30
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:46 pm
Glee at mid season seems a bit WTF... I mean has it been announced that the final season officially has 24 eps yet? Expect a lotta doubles, limited (if any) breaks or they'll be extending it past May next year to finish the eps off. Hmmm.
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:54 pm
CTUAffillate wrote:Glee at mid season seems a bit WTF... I mean has it been announced that the final season officially has 24 eps yet? Expect a lotta doubles, limited (if any) breaks or they'll be extending it past May next year to finish the eps off. Hmmm.

I can sort of see why you think that but this season it has been rating really low and rumour has it that it will have a shorter season than initially ordered.
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:01 pm
ABC has announced its upfronts for 2014/15. Some very very interesting moves especially Thursdays. Scandal takes 9pm while Grey's Anatomy will be taking on Football then the Big Bang Theory at 8pm. Bold move by them. The night will be rounded out by Shonda's new drama, How to Get Away with Murder. SHIELD moves to 9pm Tuesdays while Agent Carter will slot in during the mid-season break of the show. ABC have again announced a split season for a number of shows as they did this year to help compensate the on one week off the next and have it as a constant run.

They have announced a number of new shows including spin-off from Channel TEN's Secrets and Lies, Galavant, American Crime and the highly anticipated The Astronauts Wives Club just to name a few.

TV Line wrote:ABC Fall Schedule Revealed: Shondaland-Themed Thursday as Grey's and Scandal Make Way for Murder; S.H.I.E.L.D. on the Move

Shonda Rhimes owns Thursdays on ABC this fall.
ABC unveiled its schedule for the 2014-15 TV season on Tuesday, and Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal are moving up an hour to make room for Rhimes’ new drama How to Get Away With Murder at 10/9c.

Also of note: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. moves to 9 pm, with the new comedies Selfie and Manhattan Love Story now opening Tuesday night. Marvel’s Agent Carter and Galavant, meanwhile, will air during the winter, bridging the split seasons of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Once Upon a Time, respectively.

In addition to Agent Carter and Galavant, on tap for midseason are the dramas American Crime, The Club, Secrets and Lies, The Astronaut Wives Club and The Whispers, the comedy Fresh Off the Boat and new seasons of The Bachelor, The Taste and The Great Christmas Light Fight.

All told, the ABC schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

ABC Fall Schedule 2014

MONDAY
8 pm Dancing With the Stars
10 pm Castle

TUESDAY
8 pm SELFIE
8:30 pm MANHATTAN LOVE STORY
9 pm Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
10 pm FOREVER

WEDNESDAY
8 pm The Middle
8:30 pm The Goldbergs
9 pm Modern Family
9:30 pm BLACK-ISH
10 pm Nashville

THURSDAY
8 pm Grey’s Anatomy
9 pm Scandal
10 pm HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER

FRIDAY
8 pm Last Man Standing
8:30 pm CRISTELA
9 pm Shark Tank
10 pm 20/20

SATURDAY
Saturday Night Football

SUNDAY
7 pm America’s Funniest Home Videos
8 pm Once Upon a Time
9 pm Resurrection
10 pm Revenge

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: The Assets, Back in the Game, Betrayal, Killer Women, Lucky 7, Mind Games, Mixology, The Neighbors, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Suburgatory, Super Fun Night and Trophy Wife
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:56 am
CBS announces its 2014/15 schedule and its plan for Big Bang Theory and CBS have shied away from the 2 hour comedy block on Mondays with new drama Scorpion taking 9pm. Bang will temporarily air Mondays at 8 while CBS dedicate itself to Thursday football. NCIS: LA moves to Mondays at 10pm to take on The Blacklist (initially of course) and Castle. 3 crime dramas at 10pm. I see one falling by the wayside. Oh but the BEST news i have heard all year is Two and a Half Men will END at the end of the season :< About stinking time. Oh and the other big news is How I Met Your Dad is DEAD.

New dramas NCIS: New Orleans takes LA's old spot while the biggest move in the schedule is The Amazing Race moving to Fridays at 8pm. I have a bad feeling this could be the final 2 seasons with a move like this. I hope i am wrong.

Another CSI moves into the Sunday at 10 timeslot along with new drama Madam Secretary at 8. CBS i must say have made a lot of changes this year. I wasn't expecting it.

TV Line wrote:CBS Fall Schedule Revealed: Big Bang, NCIS: LA, Race, CSI on the Move; Two and a Half Men Entering Final Season, Mother Spin-Off Dead

CBS on Wednesday revealed its primetime line-up for the 2014-15 TV season and, as expected, The Big Bang Theory will temporarily relocate to Mondays at 8 during the network’s run of Thursday Night Football (TBBT will return to its Thursday perch after five or six weeks, at which point 2 Broke Girls will step in).

Also of note: NCIS: LA is shifting to Mondays at 10, The Amazing Race is headed to Fridays at 8, and CSI is Sunday-bound. Also, CBS confirmed that Two and a Half Men is entering its final season. Oh, and How I Met Your Dad is dead. (CBS wanted Craig Thomas and Carter Bays to redo the pilot, but it appears that isn’t happening.)

On tap for midseason: The Mentalist, Mike & Molly, Undercover Boss as well as new series Battle Creek and The Odd Couple.
All told, the CBS schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

MONDAY
8 pm The Big Bang Theory/2 Broke Girls
8:30 Mom
9 pm SCORPION
10 pm NCIS: LA

TUESDAY
8 pm NCIS
9 pm NCIS: NEW ORLEANS
10 pm Person of Interest

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Survivor
9 pm Criminal Minds
10 pm STALKER

THURSDAY
8 pm Thursday Night Football

THURSDAY (after football concludes)
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
8:30 pm The Millers
9 pm Two and a Half Men (FINAL SEASON)
9:30 THE MCCARTHYS
10 pm Elementary

FRIDAY
8 pm The Amazing Race
9 pm Hawaii Five-0
10 pm Blue Bloods

SATURDAY
8 pm Crimetime Saturday
9 pm Crimetime Saturday
10 pm 48 Hours

SUNDAY
7 pm 60 Minutes
8 pm MADAM SECRETARY
9 pm The Good Wife
10 pm CSI/CSI: CYBER

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Bad Teacher, The Crazy Ones, Friends With Better Lives, Hostages, Intelligence and We Are Men
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:30 am
And finally CW has announced their 2014/15 schedule. The Originals move to Mondays while most of the schedule stays as it was this season. New show Jane the Virgin (seriously?) takes the 9pm Monday slot. The highly anticipated The Flash will take Tuesdays alongside Supernatural. Like i said not much to announce from the smallest of the big 5 in America.

TV Line wrote:The CW Fall Schedule Revealed: The Originals on the Move, Flash Paired With Supernatural

The CW is the final broadcast network to unveil its 2014-15 schedule, and it’s strikingly similar to its 2013-14 schedule. The most noteworthy tweak? The Originals is sinking its teeth into Monday night (leading into new dramedy Jane the Virgin).

Also of note: Arrow spin-off The Flash will be paired with Supernatural on Tuesday, and Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast are being held for midseason. The network’s Wednesday, Thursday and Friday lineups, meanwhile, remain in tact.

Also on tap for midseason: New series iZombie and The Messengers.

All told, the The CW’s surprisingly familiar schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

MONDAY
8 pm The Originals
9 pm JANE THE VIRGIN

TUESDAY
8 pm THE FLASH
9 pm Supernatural

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Arrow
9 pm The 100

THURSDAY
8 pm The Vampire Diaries
9 pm Reign

FRIDAY
8 pm Whose Line Is It Anyway?
8:30 pm Whose Line Is It Anyway?
9 pm America’s Next Top Model

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: The Carrie Diaries, Nikita, Star-Crossed and The Tomorrow People
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:07 pm
Seven secures Battle Creek and Marry Me from Sony along with its Disney titles while Nine will get the highly anticipated Gotham and i think a creeper hit in Stalker.

TV Tonight wrote:Seven secures Battle Creek, from Vince Gilligan

Seven has secured upcoming US drama Battle Creek by writer Vince Gilligan (Breaking Bad).

The series sees two detectives with different views on the world team up, using cynicism, guile and deception. The cast includes Dean Winters, Josh Duhamel and Australia’s Damon Herriman.

The Australian Financial Review reports Seven has also acquired new comedy Marry Me, from Sony Pictures Television.

Seven’s Disney output deal will also include dramas The Whispers with Lily Rabe, and The Red Band Society, as well as How To Get Away With Murder, created by Shonda Rhimes (Grey’s Anatomy) featuring Viola Davis.

Nine has Batman-prequel Gotham and new crime thriller Stalker starring Maggie Q and Dylan McDermott.
Previous

Return to TV Ratings and Programming