Encores/Repeats Galore News

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 16,788.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:26 am
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for encores of episodes for new shows/seasons cause sometimes its hard to keep track, and if you usually have to choose between shows.. you might not have to. some of the FTA channels actually do encore some of the more popular shows, but sometimes its hard to know when they are played unless you do your research through the net and epgs. also, if they play new eps on the main channel they may play them again on their digital channel/s. not everything gets replayed which is a shame, retro tv does but hardly any new ones. sometimes these channels don't replay them at all and some don't even put them on their websites so at least this way its easier to know before hand.

heres some I know of -

Alcatraz - this week replayed Friday Night at 10:50pm on GO! last week it was Saturday night (first run eps on Nine Mondays at 8:30)
2 Broke Girls - replayed on Thursday Nights on GO! at 8:00pm and again Sundays at 6:30pm (first run on Nine Tuesdays at 8pm)
The Straits - replayed on Abc 2 Friday Nights at 10:30pm (first run eps on Abc 1 Thursdays at 8:30, repeats on a day later)
Arrested Development - replayed on Abc 2 Tuesday Nights at 10:50pm (first run eps on Thursdays the week before at 8:30)
Earthflight - replayed on GEM Monday Nights at 7:30pm (first run eps on Nine Thursdays at 7:30)

I did notice Revenge was being replayed on the following monday during the day at 12pm but not sure if they are gonna keep doing that.

these are the only ones I've noticed, if theres any others please put them here at its an informative way for those who don't know.

if it wasn't for encores I would miss out completely on some shows, like Alcatraz as shows clash.
Last edited by Cyborg on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 1,895,565.50
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:51 pm
I tend to think towards 'encores' as being only part-run repeats, just a few weeks to expose the series to more people until the series is more established. So Alcatraz, Revenge, 2 Broke Girls (though who knows what Nine will do with this one!) fit the bill here. The rest either are or I strongly expect to be full-run same-week (within roughly a week of original airing) repeats.
2010B & 2011A TvAus Ratings Comp Winner, TvAus AFL Tipping Comp: 2011 Co-Winner, 2012 Runner-up.

Member 18685 - an asset of NSW.
Cash on hand: 16,788.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:00 am
well the ones I listed are the ones that have stayed as every week encores and not one off ones.

although I have noticed GO will be airing only one encore of '2 Broke Girls' which will be in the sunday slot now.

GO are useful for airing encores but I would think airing them in prime time might be better for ratings, if everyone is
watching Revenge or Supernatural or NCIS instead then at least air Alcatraz the next night or so at 8:30 or something!
Nine and GO tend to air encores late at night, Alcatraz repeats air Friday nights at 10:30. Undercovers and Rubicon
aired as late as 1:30am, so its very clear Nine/GO care more about movies instead of something different for once!

(edited the title, theres a lot of repeats of shows so maybe it can be a thread for that too)
Cash on hand: 8,770.00
Bank: 664,684.00
Mood: Sad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:18 am
I attempted to record Alcatraz last Friday night but got South Park instead :evil: It appears GO switched the shows around in between me checking at around 9pm before I went to bed and when it was scheduled to air. So it will be online catch up for me :roll:
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:35 pm
Rayne wrote:I attempted to record Alcatraz last Friday night but got South Park instead :evil: It appears GO switched the shows around in between me checking at around 9pm before I went to bed and when it was scheduled to air. So it will be online catch up for me :roll:

Oh no! I was going to rely on the Go encore this week. I think the show is going to be axed in the US, so I might just let it go. I'm glad they didn't stuff up Sherlock last week.

ABC has been encoring prime time in the early hours, or other available slots, which is handy.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:17 pm
B1andB2 wrote:ABC has been encoring prime time in the early hours, or other available slots, which is handy.

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries is being encored on Sundays on ABC1 at 10pm. Now that footy is on Fridays I can't record it then because I'd miss the end of Glee and the start of Law & Order on GEM :roll:
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:17 pm
Replays: Australia’s Got Talent, Revenge, Offspring.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/04/rep ... pring.html
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 16,339.10
Bank: 545,243.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:47 pm
DWTS: 3PM Sunday
BRING BACK LETTERS AND NUMBERS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:32 am
Touch encore 9.40pm Tuesday 24 April.
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 3,783,324.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:36 am
Australia's Got Talent will encore all 3 episodes this Saturday on Seven from 2:30pm. Also Dancing with the Stars will also have an encore on Seven, 8:45pm in Sydney/Brisbane and from 11pm in Melbourne/Adelaide/Perth.
Next

Return to TV Ratings and Programming