Weather Presenter
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:44 pm
From Wil's myspace:
[quote:77b93d3689]
Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Death Becomes Us

G'day folks,
Well it seems like all we had to do to become successful was get cancelled. Last Wednesday night's show with Natasha and Andrew rated its arse off.

Actually, love that, the show did so well that it would have even rated Amanda Vanstone's arse off.

[b:77b93d3689]We had 945,000 viewers which was our biggest audience.. ever.[/b:77b93d3689] Crap, if the ABC had cancelled us earlier, at this rate we would be the number one show on TV.

[b:77b93d3689]We did so well that for the first time ever we also came first in our slot.[/b:77b93d3689] (By-the-way I need to point out that I giggled just then when I wrote the sentence "came first in our slot". I..m 32 years old.)

Of course, we are still getting cancelled, so coming first is kind of like getting a free Kinder Surprise and then realising the toy inside is made out of razor blades and poo. (Yes, "razor blades and poo", my university journalism lecturers would be so proud.)

But there is no doubt we are bigger dead than we ever were when we were alive. Yes, it seems that The Glass House is the Tupac Shakur of satirical panel-shows.

Anyhoo, the big question everyone wants to know whether we are going to do the show somewhere else. I try to keep out of these discussions, but I believe we have had talks with every station but SBS.

I guess SBS must have heard that when I take my top off I look like a python that swallowed a bean-bag. (And even the guys who do the subtitles at SBS can't really work out what Dr Cindy, Pinky and Molly are saying most of the time.)

For those who are interested there are also a lot of websites like www.savetheglasshouse.com.au and petitions floating around. I don..t know if any of that will help, but I guess it is worth a go. (Unfortunately there is no www.getridofthewedge.com)

[b:77b93d3689]But all jokes aside, the one thing that TV networks do care about is ratings so it would be great to get over one million people- for some reason I have written this in the voice of Dr Evil- to watch the last ep.[/b:77b93d3689]

Sadly we aren..t the only people in TV land losing our jobs. This week it was also announced that Backyard Blitz got axed.. I wonder if it was because they were saying too many things about the government?

Was it all those jokes Scott Cam was making about John Howard's eyebrows? Or maybe just all the pagolas they built were leaning too far to the left???

Or maybe this is a great opportunity. We could combine Backyard Blitz and The Glass House and do a new reality show called The Green House. The only problem would be we would probably get shut down when they found out I was using The Green House to grow pot.

The one good thing about this news is at least now Jamie Durie might be able to give me a lift to Centrelink.

Anyhoo, gotta run, but make sure you watch this week's show for the final Glass House appearances by Barnsey and Molly, and of course make sure you pick up my book Survival of the Dumbest. (Please buy it, otherwise I am going to have to go on The Big Questions.)[/quote:77b93d3689]

Watch it people. Whether it be the last hurrah or an indication of how well it can rate to other channels who are considering taking it on, watch it tonight!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:27 pm
I'm no fan of The Glass House or Wil Anderson, but I did like that dig of his at The Wedge in his myspace blog there. 8)
Cash on hand: 210.00
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:07 am
[quote:4d9d7bc2c4]Of course, we are still getting cancelled, so coming first is kind of like getting a free Kinder Surprise and then realising the toy inside is made out of razor blades and poo.[/quote:4d9d7bc2c4]

:lol: That's hilarious. I am going to miss this show. I wish it had never moved from Fridays.
Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked up friends.

Weather Presenter
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:14 pm
The last show ever will be on tomorrow (Wednesday) night at the special time of 9pm. It will run for an hour.

It's your last chance so don't miss it!

Game Show Host
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:42 pm
Great send-off for a great show that will be sorely missed (especially by me!). Here's hoping for great ratings in the morning.
Cash on hand: 210.00
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:36 am
900,000 on average is its best ratings yet. The ABC are idiots!
I think that was one of the funniest Glass Houses ever, I liked nearly all of the guests, especially Arj Barker. What was with that joke he made? "Wow! Strawberry Peter! And... awww, this one's Pruny Judas." :lol: Very random.
I love the term "Heaveno" now. I am going to use it. So now I am going to miss The Glass House. I think I might buy the DVD though. And never vote again. :P
Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked up friends.

Game Show Host
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:23 am
1.15 million viewers for the finale - well done! *Sounds party horns in triumph*

Weather Presenter
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:32 am
[quote:ce888fefe4="Samuel123"]1.15 million viewers for the finale - well done! *Sounds party horns in triumph*[/quote:ce888fefe4]

:dance:

[quote:ce888fefe4="extra"]...And never vote again. :P[/quote:ce888fefe4]

Nah, just don't vote Liberal. :P :wink:

Golden Globe Winner
Cash on hand: 15.00
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:33 am
That is absolutely awesome. Should have been more though...
[uf7][bf7][if7]Dollhouse[/if7] - Next Episode 'Vows' [/bf7][/uf7]
Buffy | Angel | Firefly | Dollhouse | The X-Files | Battlestar Galactica | Love My Way | Weeds | Six Feet Under | Twin Peaks | Dexter | Dead Like Me | Veronica Mars | Family Guy | Scrubs | Deadwood | The Wire | Desperate Housewives | Damages | 24 | American Dad | Skins | Rome | Arrested Development | 30 Rock | The Comeback |
Oscar Presenter
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:24 pm
Its a shame this show was Aussie and quite good. So much for free speech. But what are you going to do? Maybe they should axe David Tench and put this back on or something distinctly Aussie like this show... :shifty:
[color=greenf1][bf1]"I'll just jump in my time machine, go back to the 12th century, and ask the vampires to postpone their ancient prophecy for a few days while you take in dinner and a show."
"Okay, at this point, you're abusing sarcasm." --[/colorf1][/bf1]
[bf1]Giles and Buffy[/bf1]
PreviousNext

Return to TV Ratings and Programming