TEN

Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:16 am
I read on Media Spy that Touch is going to W. I wonder if Ten plan to air The Finder up against Bones :? ?
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 am
In other news Lara Bingle gets her own show and The Living Room is set to come to Fridays on TEN. If you ask me they both sound horrible.

TV Tonight wrote:TEN confirms The Living Room

TEN has confirmed its new Lifestyle show The Living Room, as first revealed by TV Tonight.

Hosted by Amanda Keller (Talkin’ ‘Bout Your Generation, Beyond 2000), the co-presenters include Chris Brown (Bondi Vet), Barry Du Bois (The Renovators) and chef Miguel Maestre (Miguel’s Tropical Kitchen).

Described as “a must-watch mix of “engaging personalities, entertaining studio banter and riveting video segments” it will also feature a renovation segment for a viewer / home-owner.

Produced by WTFN (Bondi Vet, Bollywood Star, Keeping Up with the Joneses, Trishna & Krishna) the show is expected to air on Friday nights on TEN in 2012.

The show is one of two new projects announced by TEN at the weekend.

Chief Programming Officer David Mott said, “This new slate of commissions is part of the continued plan to reset our connection point with TEN’s viewers in 2012 and build a range of programs that thoroughly surprise and entertain across the genres.

“Being Lara Bingle and The Living Room are the first of a series of programs we plan to introduce to this year‟s line up, deliberately developed to introduce a different more playful flavour to our schedule and one we are sure our audience will not only embrace but celebrate.”

TEN is yet to clarify the future for The Renovators despite announcing it at its 2012 Upfronts.

TV Tonight wrote:Being Lara Bingle for TEN

First it was Brynne Edelsten for Seven. Now TEN is planning a Reality series around where-bloody-fell-are-ya Lara Bingle.

Both were participants on Dancing with the Stars last year (it’s a line-ball but Edelsten was slightly more interesting). Bingle also skated to TV infamy on Nine’s unspectacular Dancing on Ice, a show more memorable for its injuries and host Jamie Durie standing on a box.

Apparently now we’re going to cop a series called Being Lara Bingle on TEN.

Bingle told News Limited, “With my dad passing away it’s just my mum, me and my brother, just the three of us and we’re very close.

“I think the last six to eight months have been the hardest period of my life to date, with things out there about my personal life and even my weight gain,” she said.

“I’m not complaining but there has been so much scrutiny about what had gone on in my life and it has really taken its toll.

“I think this is the right time in my life for this kind of show and I can actually show the real me.”

Jessica Simpson has a lot to answer for…
Cash on hand: 9,242.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:19 am
Lara Bingle in prime time? What the bloody hell does she do again? :roll:
Seriously Ten you need a boot up the backside for even commissioning this rubbish! :evil:
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:38 pm
Ten still has tomorrow's movie as TBA. Come on Ten it's about time you made up your mind whether to show Devil Wears Prada for the umpteenth time..... :X

Edit: 27 Dresses will air....again.... :roll:
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:54 pm
I recorded the F1 coverage today, started recording from midday and began watching at around 4.30pm. I have been fast forwarding most of it, although I occasionally stop to watch an interview or segment. It is all ads ads ads. Anyway I'm finally up to the start of the race, 40 minutes behind live.
Cash on hand: 30,542.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:38 pm
The 2012 coverage ranks as the worst AGP coverage in my memory. We are used to suffering the truly pathetic TEN hosts for an hour prior to each race but their inane chattering presence for hours/days of the AGP approaches torture. This year the cross promotion thing was really a feature - I get it, but jeez, I'm sure people would have been turned OFF watching the Breakfast show after seeing so much of that twat ( and the other 2 - yes girlie, Jensen Button is hot , move on :roll: ). Big Fail.
But worst of all was the ads. Yes, it's commercial tv and ads are expected, but my god it was appalling. The worst was the endless ads at the end of qualifying, followed by the "we've run out of time so can't show you the press conference" thing, follwed by more ads. A close 2nd was when there was no ad break during a safety car period, an ad break soon after the restart, and then the next break just 2 laps later. Rude. Just so very, very rude. The on line comments have not been kind!!!

Also not helped by Martin Brundle's new commentary partner. 4 words - S.T.F.U. :evil:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:49 pm
Couldn't agree more. It was the worst coverage in history. They were showing an interview of one of the Ferrari drivers and was talking over the top of the whole thing and we didn't hear anything. Then to cut the podium!!! :evil: No wonder TEN are sliding downhill. F1 used to be the one thing TEN did well but if they can't even do this then why should they get any sporting coverage? The ads were extremely excessive and i must say i am now having doubts cast about future sporting coverage from TEN after that. It was atrocious. Even the swimming is a joke. 30 minutes on TEN the rest on ONE? No wonder it is suffering in the ratings. It used to rate gang busters on Nine.

As much as i want TEN to snatch league from Nine now i am not to sure. Is it possible the coverage could become even worse than Nine? To be honest with you i hope TEN continue to fail in 2012 after today. There is lack of everything from them. They can come a distant 5th for all i care now. They lost me today and its not on!

Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,501.40
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:40 am
I've always hated the swimming on TEN. They have truly killed the sport. But reading your posts makes me think they are just killing sport in general. It will be interesting to see how the swimming rates on Nine when it returns during the Olympics. I'm hoping Channel Seven get all the NRL. Probably won't happen but it would be great. But yeah, in summary, Ten aren't going well with sport.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:33 am
LOL this just in: :D

Formula One and MotoGP return to primetime on TEN

TEN has announced the 2012 Formula One and MotoGP seasons will be broadcast on Sunday nights in primetime.

From Sunday, April 22, at 9.30pm, motorsport fans will get to see all of the action, excitement and drama of the 2012 Formula One and MotoGP seasons.

This year is shaping up to be one of the hottest motorsport seasons in recent history, with three of the Australia’s best motorsport competitors taking to the grid.

The 2012 Formula One season boasts two Australian drivers for the first time in history, Mark Webber and Daniel Ricciardo. It will also be the longest season in the sport’s storied past, contested over 20 races.

With MotoGP’s Casey Stoner topping the time sheets at the official MotoGP testing circuit earlier this month, 2012 is set to be another stellar year for the Aussie two-time world champion.

Commenting on the announcement, Ronald J Walker AC CBE, Chairman of Australian Grand Prix Corporation, said: “Network Ten has always been an outstanding partner for Formula One and MotoGP in this country and this announcement is a terrific development. Primetime, 9.30pm on Sunday nights on TEN will prove very popular with all motorsport fans.”

Ten Network Holdings Chief Executive, James Warburton, said the return of the world’s premier sport to prime-time on Sunday nights would be a powerful addition to TEN’s successful Super Sunday line-up.

Formula One Driver Mark Webber said: “When I was growing up we had to deal with the Sunday night movie and it was quite frustrating. If it’s live and people get a chance to follow a sport that’s consistent and they know when it’s going to be on, there’s a real chance for people to get their teeth into it.”

Network Ten’s Head of Sport, David Barham, said: “With Australians being so well represented internationally in motorsport, this is the perfect time to deliver both Formula One and MotoGP races to viewers on TEN in prime-time.”

Network Ten’s Formula One and MotoGP broadcasts and pre-race preview will be hosted by the sport’s premier commentators, Daryl Beattie, Greg Rust and Craig Baird. The Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix will air on April 22 at 9.30pm, with the MotoGP Spain Grand Prix airing the following Sunday.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/03/for ... n-ten.html

I like Moto GP but have absolutely NO interest in F1 (neither does Mr Rayne!).
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:47 am
You know what this means don't you. One will soon cease coverage of the F1 because its on TEN. TEN say they love sports but treat them with disrespect. Will have to see how it goes i suppose.
PreviousNext

Return to TV Ratings and Programming