TEN

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 30,517.50
Bank: 2,195,898.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:09 pm
greysfan wrote:You know what this means don't you. One will soon cease coverage of the F1 because its on TEN. TEN say they love sports but treat them with disrespect. Will have to see how it goes i suppose.

Yes.
As per my post elsewhere:
Hmmm ... as a GP viewer, I'm suspicious. They cannot be trusted to stick with programming decisions and frankly, the ratings for races other than AGP will never be huge. Will it stay on ONE? Will they continue with Qualifying? So the pre race show is only going to be 30 minutes? Will it be pushed back when some c**p like Masterchef runs overtime?
Only time will tell I guess.
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:16 pm
I heard a rumour (on Media Spy) that Ten were going to do a search for someone to star in Priscilla on Broadway. Then today I read this:

An exciting announcement for Australian music theatre performers is imminent, and AussieTheatre is standing by for clearance to announce it fully!

All we can tell you at the moment is that Fremantle Media will be conducting a nation-wide search for triple threat Music Theatre performers. It will be the opportunity of a lifetime!

Until we have full clearance to disclose more information, we are leaving you all with a teaser:

“Are you a triple threat? Is Musical Theatre your consuming passion? Have you always dreamed of making it to Broadway?

Then strap on your dance shoes, polish your monologues and warm up those vocal chords…

A nation wide search for Australia’s next star is about to begin.…watch this space, details coming soon!”

Keep your eyes peeled on AussieTheatre for more information in the next week! A star will soon be born!

Source: http://aussietheatre.com.au/news/music- ... or-a-star/

So it's not just a rumour. I would love it, but I don't see it being a success for Ten. They should have trialled some of the UK shows like this, especially the graham Norton hosted ones, after The Graham Norton Show, just to see if there is an appetite for this kind of show.
Emmy Winner
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:08 pm
This sounds awesome!

I Will Survive is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a musical theatre performer to be fast-tracked to Broadway.

I Will Survive is Network Ten's new star-making program that will launch the international career of an extremely talented, all-round gifted stage performer.

I Will Survive is searching for 'triple threat' theatre performers - singing, dancing, acting - to come on an amazing journey that ultimately ends on the Broadway stage of Priscilla Queen Of The Desert.

We start with open auditions, the most talented performers will then join us on the famous Priscilla bus as we retrace the steps of the box-office smash movie, from Sydney to Alice Springs, performing at each outback location on the way.

Along this incredible ride our judges, mentors and industry professionals will challenge, train and critique each of our performers. The field will be slowly whittled down to a final four in Alice Springs.

Then the game changes dramatically!

Our final four will be flown to New York City for three weeks of intensive training in the role of Tick on Broadway. Rehearsing with the cast of Priscilla Queen Of The Desert, the final four will be reduced until only one man is left standing. Our winner will then have the life-changing opportunity to showcase their talents in front of a Broadway audience.

As part of the prize our winner will then have one whole month in New York City to meet with agents, casting directors and producers to squeeze every last opportunity out of their time on Broadway.

I Will Survive is a life-changing opportunity, a chance at stardom, a giant leap on to Broadway!

http://fremantledigital.com/iwillsurvive/
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,893.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:41 am
http://www.news.com.au/business/markets ... 6324571111

^ Image
Cash on hand: 8,917.50
Bank: 731,152.00
Mood: Sad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:16 pm
TEN announces new talent, dating shows.

TEN has announced four new shows for 2012 and beyond.

They comprise a mix of talent and dating shows: I Will Survive: Priscilla, Everybody Dance Now, Come Date with Me and Don’t Tell the Bride.

Everybody Dance Now, produced by FremantleMedia Australia, will see dancers of all ages, professional and amateur.

TEN says, “Two celebrity captains will handpick their teams from 120 eager dancers, then send their chosen dancer into a head-to-head showdown. Watch the fireworks begin. Can a ballroom-dancing 8-year-old take down a sensational modern dancer? Can a hip-hop master survive a battle with a tap dancing Aussie sweetheart? One-on-one, head-to-head, until the audience picks their favourite and decides the ultimate winner.”

I Will Survive: Priscilla, also produced by FremantleMedia Australia, will premiere later this year with the winner sent to Broadway.

I Will Survive: Priscilla searches for Australia’s ‘next Triple Threat – Singer, Dancer, Actor.’ Performers will travel on board the Priscilla bus from Sydney to Alice Springs with performances at outback Australian locations.

Come Date With Me, from the producers of Please Marry My Boy and Four Weddings, Granada Media Australia, combines food and love. The ITV reality title will be a prime-time series for TEN’s upcoming schedule.

Don’t Tell the Bride, produced by Endemol Southern Star, sees brides having no say in any aspect of their wedding day, as their grooms and the best man plan every detail without telling them.

Network TEN Chief Programming Officer, David Mott, said: “This year we have deliberately set out to re-invigorate our schedule and firmly position TEN as the home of entertainment.

“These four new programs are bold, irreverent, fresh, innovative and noisy.

“Never before have we had so many new and dynamic shows to offer Australian audiences. It’s an exciting time for us and we look forward to seeing these shows come to life throughout the year.

“I Will Survive: Priscilla, Everybody Dance Now, Come Date with Me and Don’t Tell the Bride are the perfect mix of fun, high energy shows and will complement our already strong line-up for the coming months.”

Casting for I Will Survive: Priscilla is now open for all male performers 21years and older at www.Iwillsurvivetv.com.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/04/ten ... ent-319988
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer

Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,501.40
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:54 pm
All those shows sound like they will fail big time.
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,161,656.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:29 pm
They all sound like rip offs of Seven and Nine's shows. Everybody Dance Now is like the dancing version of The Voice without the blind auditions. The format is so similar its uncanny. One sounds like Dinner Date, the others sound corny and should will be canned. There is little to no innovation.

Ten should have brought back So You Think You Can Dance. I now expect this show to be picked up in the near future by Seven or Nine possibly for their multi-channels.

Another note i want to add:

DAVID MOTT NEEDS TO GO! TEN BOSSES DON'T GET IT! HE IS THE ONE CONSTANT IN ALL OF THIS AND THEY DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND! THEIR PROFITS ARE SHOT AND IMO THE AUSSIE PUBLIC COULD RUN TEN BETTER AT THE MOMENT.

end rant
Cash on hand: 8,917.50
Bank: 731,152.00
Mood: Sad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:42 pm
“These four new programs are bold, irreverent, fresh, innovative and noisy."

Let's replace that quote with "These four new programs are utter crap that should never see the light of day" :evil: :roll:
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Cash on hand: 30,517.50
Bank: 2,195,898.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:44 pm
Don’t Tell the Bride, produced by Endemol Southern Star, sees brides having no say in any aspect of their wedding day, as their grooms and the best man plan every detail without telling them.

I have caught the English version of this a couple of times and it is B-O-G-A-N central. Awful show. :|

“These four new programs are bold, irreverent, fresh, innovative and noisy.

bwahahahaha And "noisy" is a positive thing for a show?

“I Will Survive: Priscilla,

Loved, loved, loved the British shows (Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, Sound of Music and (less so) Oliver) but that had a lot to do with the judging panel and Graham Norton. I'll wait and see who they get for Priscilla.
Emmy Winner
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:57 pm
I'm still looking forward to I Will Survive. I wonder if Rob Mills will host? Or will he be too busy with Legally Blonde? Anthony Callea's partner (can't think of his name) perhaps?

The rest of the shows look awful, but I guess they are better than repeats.
PreviousNext

Return to TV Ratings and Programming