TEN

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:38 pm
Adam Boland quits Channel Ten due to ill health and television for good, for now anyway. Its sad to hear about his issues but at least he is getting help. Not everyone has the guts to get help with their condition. Good luck to him and his family and all the best for the future. I admire his strength.

SMH wrote:
Adam Boland resigns from Network Ten

A year ago Adam Boland was touted as the saviour of Network Ten's lifeless breakfast television offering, but three months after his multimillion-dollar Wake Up and Studio 10 experiment launched, the much-hyped television executive has parted ways with the broadcaster as his shows struggle to find an audience.

On Thursday afternoon, Network Ten announced the resignation of Boland, Director of Morning Television, due to "ill health".

There's nothing more I want to do in television.

Ten chief executive officer Hamish McLennan said: “We are sorry to lose Adam. But we fully understand and support his decision to take a break from the television industry and focus on restoring his health.
“We are very grateful to Adam for the passion, enthusiasm and drive he brought to his role at Ten over the past 10 months. He is leaving a great legacy. Studio 10 has been a success since day one and is being increasingly embraced by viewers and advertisers. Wake Up has strong potential and will develop further this year.

“Wake Up and Studio 10 are not even three months old. We are happy with both shows, but we have always acknowledged it will take time to establish them. Network Ten remains committed to building a strong presence in the breakfast and morning television market,” he said".

Within minutes of the resignation being made public, Boland wrote on his Twitter feed: "Time for me to get some stillness."

He followed up with: "Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. I'm sorry to have let Ten down, but I'm thankful they've allowed me to focus on my health. Onwards"

On his Facebook profile, Boland wrote: "So, I made a big life decision this month which I can finally talk about. I'm leaving Ten and indeed, television. Since my breakdown, I have struggled to get my mind back in the game. And that's unfair to my many friends who produce morning TV at Ten. I'm proud of the shows we launched - but they will only reach their full potential with strong leadership. I'm thankful that Ten agreed to release me from my contract. The truth is, I have lost my passion for television. Sadly, that's something I only realised when I started doing day-to-day shows again."

Looking back at his 17 years in television, Boland wrote: "I have achieved far more than I ever expected. I've met people I adore, from Al Gore to Benjamin Law. I've dined with prime ministers and argued with newspaper editors. I even got to produce a prime-time concert at the Opera House! But I'm most proud of the times we shed light on issues I care about - climate change, equality and most recently, mental health. There's nothing more I want to do in television."

Boland said he and his partner Kenny Ang, a junior producer on his programs, would spend the next four months in Vanuatu, the same place he went three days after the programs launched.

"We have no plan and frankly, that's exactly what we want. I need some stillness in my life. And that means I'm not sure what I will do next, but whatever it is, it will need to provoke my passion."

Steve Wood has been appointed executive producer of Wake Up. He will work closely with Rob McKnight, Executive Producer of Studio 10.

Wood and McKnight will report to McLennan until former Seven news boss Peter Meakin starts as Executive Director of News and Current Affairs on February 17.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... z2rC0Y2DH1

Cash on hand: 108,414.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:47 pm
Tens's Wake Up, plus the Early News, Morning News and the Late News have been given the axe!

TEN has confirmed the end for Wake Up and the TEN Early, Morning and Late News from Friday, May 23, as part of wider network redundancies.

The decision, made this morning at a Board meeting, is understood to affect approximately 150 staff.

TEN issued the following statement:
Network Ten would like to thank the people involved with Wake Up and the TEN Early, Morning and Late News for their dedication, enthusiasm and hard work.

TEN Eyewitness News at 5pm will continue to be produced locally in each market. It will continue to have local news, sport and weather, local presenters, local reporters and local production staff, and will continue to bring the best of local, national and international news to viewers.

A voluntary redundancy program has commenced in Network Ten’s News and Operations department.

No further details are available at this stage. TEN is understood to be in discussions with Wake Up hosts Natarsha Belling and James Mathison about their future with the network.

CEO Hamish McLennan also emailled staff today:
Today we are announcing a series of proposed changes at Network Ten.
As you all know, the television advertising market has been soft in recent years. At the same time, our ratings, revenue and earnings performance has been disappointing.

It is a tough period for Ten and we need to take some painful, but necessary, measures to restructure the business. Our existing business model needs to change and we need to achieve greater efficiencies, tighter cost management and greater focus in terms of the parts of the company in which we invest.

A review has been conducted to establish a new structure for Ten and to better allocate our resources, with the aim of improving our performance. As a result of that review, there are proposed changes to News programs, the structure of News and Operations, and other departments.

Unfortunately, it is proposed that Wake Up and the Early, Morning and Late News will cease production on Friday, May 23, 2014. Studio 10 is performing well and will continue as a vital part of our daytime schedule, which ranks number one.

Despite the commitment and enthusiasm of its staff, Wake Up has not resonated with enough viewers to make it a viable program.

It is very disappointing that these programs have not been more successful, but I would like to thank everyone involved with them for their focus, dedication and hard work.
source: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/05/wak ... -news.html

Sad to see FOUR SHOWS to get the AXE, with their last airing on this Friday.

A shame to see them going. I would have at least thought that the Morning News (at 11am) and the Late News remain. In a way, I do understand seeing the axing of the Early News and Wake up. Their ratings have been very low. But I would have thought that their axing would wait until a substitute show would air.
Cash on hand: 9,432.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:04 am
Programming: What shows are coming, going and gone from Ten?

This article is a one stop place for fans of Channel 10 shows, where they are awaiting a favourite show to return. In an age where networks can pick up a show for a certain amount of seasons, or rights have been lost, on sold or terminated, it is handy to know if a show is not returning.

No Longer Owned by Network Ten:
Medium– The show ran for 130 episodes over 7 seasons in America, however Ten did not play the final 11 episodes of the 7th and final season. Throng can now exclusively tell readers that Ten no longer own the rights to this show. Viewers may now have to consider the DVD or online stores to see the final episodes.
Being Human USA – Eleven played the first two seasons of the show, however, the final two seasons are not owned by Ten. You may want to contact Foxtel, the DVD’s or online stores to see the final seasons.
Fresh Meat – The first two seasons aired on Eleven, however, Ten has not acquired the third season and therefore will not screen on the network.

Also not returning for anymore seasons:
Geordie Shore, Britain and Ireland’s Next Top Model, King of the Nerds, Excused, Dancing on Ice and The Almighty Johnsons.

Not returning but has been played out in full:
Vegas, Touch, Burn Notice and Breakout Kings.

Currently being played out and finishing soon:
1600 Penn, The Goodwin Games, Saving Grace, Emily Owens MD, Dads and Enlisted

Still to Come on Network Ten
The Finder – The spin off series to Bones only lasted one season but the series will return to be played out on ONE soon.
Eureka – Has not been on Ten for sometime but the series will return to Eleven in the coming months.

Also returning for final season/s:
Friday Night Lights, 90210, Californication, Wilfred, Psych

http://www.throng.com.au/2014/06/progra ... -gone-ten/
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,923.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:02 pm
Ten's top 50 moments in 50 years

Proof as to why channel 10 is such a mediocre channel :lol:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:11 am
TEN 2015 highlights: Celebrity, Drama, Sport.

*This is not the entire article, link here*: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/11/ten ... sport.html

NEW LOCAL CONTENT
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!

Hosted by Julia Morris (Full Frontal, Good News Week, House Husbands, Celebrity Apprentice) and Chris Brown (The Living Room, Bondi Vet), I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! will take 10 big-name celebrities and drop them in the middle of the South African jungle. The Australian version of the top-rating entertainment show in the UK will be a big, noisy and highly interactive television event over five nights a week. Produced by ITV Studios Australia, I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! will run across television, online and social media, backed by a massive marketing campaign.

Shark Tank
Australians’ love of inventions and innovation will be more than satisfied by Shark Tank, a compelling and entertaining series for the whole family. Hosted by Sarah Harris (Studio 10) and produced by Shine Australia, the local version of the smash hit US series will feature big, crazy, practical and hilarious products and ideas presented to multi-millionaire “sharks”. If the sharks – Janine Allis (Boost Juice), Andrew Banks (Talent2), Steve Baxter (entrepreneur, investor, internet pioneer), John McGrath (McGrath Estate Agents) and Naomi Simson (Red Balloon) – like the idea, they will invest their own money to bring it to market.

Gogglebox
Australians love watching television. Now they can watch other Australians who love watching television thanks to Gogglebox, a unique, funny and often moving series jointly commissioned by Foxtel and Network Ten. Gogglebox is a television and social media smash in the UK, where its audience is rapidly growing. The Australian Gogglebox will be produced by Shine Australia and will debut in February.

The Bachelorette
In just two years, The Bachelor Australia has become a television, online and social media phenomenon. After the sensational aftermath of this year’s series, fans took to social media calling for a local version of The Bachelorette. Next year, their calls will be answered, as some of the country’s most eligible bachelors compete for the heart of just one girl.

Mary: The Making Of A Princess
She was a Tasmanian-born real estate agent living in Sydney. He was a Danish Crown Prince visiting Australia. They met in a pub and fell in love. Less than four years later, Mary Donaldson became Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark. Produced by FremantleMedia, this special television event will be filmed in Australia and Denmark.

The Peter Brock Story
He was a hero to generations of Australians, winning the Bathurst 1000 nine times and dominating motorsport for more than two decades. But the King of the Mountain was also a complex person, plagued by self-doubt. The Peter Brock Story, which will be produced by Shine Australia, tells the story of a unique Australian in a high-octane drama event.

Neighbours: 30 Years
It is the longest-running drama series in Australian television history and in March 2015, Neighbours will reach another milestone: its 30th birthday. To mark the occasion, TEN will broadcast a special celebration featuring interviews with many of the stars reflecting on their time on the show, favourite anecdotes and what Neighbours has meant to their careers, including Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan and Guy Pearce.

The First ANZACs
Next year is a landmark year for all Australians, as we commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli campaign in World War I. The First ANZACs is a unique series of mini- documentaries that will bring to life the diaries and letters from these Australian heroes and heroines. The all-star cast includes Kat Stewart, Peter Phelps, Matt Day, Rodger Corser, Rob Carlton, Brooke Satchwell, Shane Jacobson and many more.

Baby Circle (branded content)
TEN’s top-rating day time line-up will welcome a new addition in 2015, when Baby Circle goes to air. Created for the parents of newborns to tweens, Baby Circle will offer parents and expectant parents advice, support, information and entertainment. It will be every parent’s perfect day time companion.

RETURNING LOCAL CONTENT
MasterChef Australia,
Family Feud,
The Project (with Carrie Bickmore, Peter Helliar)
The Bachelor Australia,
TBL Families,
Have You Been Paying Attention?,
The Living Room,
Wonderland,
Gold Coast Cops,
Bondi Vet,
Bondi Rescue,
Melbourne International Comedy Festival Gala,
Melbourne International Comedy Festival Super Show,
Melbourne International Comedy Festival Great Debate

NEW AND RETURNING OVERSEAS CONTENT
CSI: Cyber,
The Odd Couple,
NCIS: New Orleans,
Madam Secretary,
Scorpion,
Modern Family,
NCIS,
NCIS: Los Angeles,
Law & Order: SVU,
Elementary,
The Good Wife,
The Graham Norton Show,
Jamie Oliver,
Sir David Attenborough,

SPORT
KFC T20 Big Bash League
V8 Supercars
Clipsal 500 Adelaide
Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000
V8 Supercars highlights programs
Formula One (including the Australian Formula One Grand Prix in Melbourne),
MotoGP,
RPM,
Wallabies Rugby Championship,
Australian Swimming Championships
BHP Billiton Aquatic Super Series

ELEVEN
A celebration of Neighbours’ 30th birthday will be one of the key events on ELEVEN in 2015 and will be marked by a series of special episodes featuring some of the biggest names from the record-breaking series’ past.

The Loop,
Bondi Ink,
Empire,
The Strain,
Tattoos After Dark.
The Simpsons,
Glee,
American Idol,
Supernatural,
American Horror Story,
Dexter,
Sleepy Hollow

ONE
Formula One,
MotoGP,
COPS,
Last Man Standing,
White Collar,
Sons Of Anarchy,
Gang Related,
Robson’s Extreme Fishing,
Sir David Attenborough specials and a new block of content from FX Networks in the US.
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:31 am
Can Ten turn things around in 2015?

http://www.throng.com.au/2014/11/can-te ... ound-2015/
Cash on hand: 17,398.30
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:09 pm
Throng's Summer Schedule Look: Channel 10

Ten is following in the footsteps of Channel 7 and showing more new content flowing over from the ratings season.

Eleven will continue to air new episodes, some of them right up to their full season finales.

One is the biggest disappointment with almost no significant highlights – yet so much content to air.

Here are some of the highlights:

•Limitless will continue with some new episodes, however due to the Big Bash cricket tournament, it is unlikely that Ten will get to the American fall finale episode
•TBL Families will continue to run into the first two weeks of the non ratings period
•Homeland will continue with all new episodes right up to its season final
•Madam Secretary will run for an additional 2 episodes, reaching its American fall finale episode
•The Good Wife will also run for an additional 2 episodes, reaching its American fall finale episode
•Jamie’s Super Food will run for an additional 2 episodes, reaching its season final
•The Graham Norton Show will air new episodes

In disappointing news Ten will not be bringing back ANY of its shows that were pulled earlier in the year such as The Odd Couple and Miguel’s Feasts – at least initially.

Over on Eleven there is some good news:
•House of Lies will air until its season final
•The Crazy Ones will air until its season final
•American Horror Story will air until its season final (pre empted November 30th)
•Empire will air until its mid season final episode
•Scream Queens will air until its season final
•Dating Naked will air for 1 additional episode (its season final)
•No news on Eleven returning You’re the Worst to the schedule
•No news on New Girl returning to Eleven.

In probably the most disappointing news of all, One will not air anything new or return any shows that could invigorate the channel and give it some much needed exposure over summer. Only The Americans, The Last Man on Earth, Coverband and Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll will air new episodes. Could One not have aired Sons of Anarchy, The Biggest Loser USA, Trollied, Sirens, The Finder, Tyrant or Undercover Boss Canada?

http://www.throng.com.au/2015/11/throng ... hannel-10/
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:10 pm
following Nine with 9 HD, and rumours of Seven with 7 HD channel Ten will be releasing a HD channel soon.

10 HD will simulcast on channel 13 from 3pm Wed March 2nd.

strange they pick 13, why not 110? 9 HD is on 90 and I'm sure 7 HD will be on 70. makes no sense!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:37 pm
TEN without FOX titles after deal breaks down

It’s a question that has been circling for weeks… where are the FOX shows on TEN?

Readers have noticed key titles have vanished from ELEVEN and TEN ever since the announcement of a deal with CBS.

News Corp reports FOX is understood to have been unhappy with the amount TEN offered to pay for its content.

“There’s no FOX shows on TEN at this stage,” a TEN spokesman has said, confirming the shows were pulled on Monday after FOX “verbally terminated” a deal until there was more clarity around the ownership of the network.

This leaves shows including Modern Family, The Simpsons, This is Us without a home plus reruns of Malcolm in the Middle, Futurama, MASH. Also in peril Bob’s Burgers, American Horror Story, Empire, Star, New Girl, The X-Files, Speechless, COPS, The Last Man on Earth, Fresh Off the Boat & American Crime Story.

A spokeswoman for FOX in LA said those close to the negotiations could not be reached for comment.

A spokeswoman for Nine said, “We would not be doing an overall deal with FOX. We might want to buy one of their shows but our focus is very much on local content.”

Seven did not respond to a request for comment.

Without a home this leaves Australian viewers open to all kinds of spoilers, but may send some to illegally seek out the shows via piracy.

However Foxtel also has a FOX deal and may swoop on some titles with Empire already screening on FOX8

well this is interesting, now I know why there hasn’t been any new AHS. sucks, wanna see new X-Files.

http://tvtonight.com.au/2017/10/ten-wit ... -down.html
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:32 am
FOX cancels TEN contracts

21st Century FOX has cancelled its $376.8 million output deal with TEN.

Permanently leaving TEN are:

The Simpsons, Modern Family, This is Us and The X-Files plus Bob’s Burgers, American Horror Story, Empire, Star, New Girl, Speechless, COPS, The Last Man on Earth, Fresh Off the Boat, American Crime Story plus Malcolm in the Middle, MASH and Futurama.

The Simpsons has aired on TEN for 27 years but Season 29 is yet to debut.

The Australian reports the long-term agreement was set to expire on June 30, 2019.

Other networks including Seven, Nine and Foxtel could now potentially swoop on the shows.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2017/10/fox-ca ... racts.html
PreviousNext

Return to TV Ratings and Programming