7TWO

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:17 pm
Doc Martin to air Thursday nights on 7two. Guess i saw that coming considering there are movies there currently. I am 99% positive The Bill will follow at 8:30pm

TV Central wrote:‘Doc Martin’ coming to 7TWO’s Thursday nights

The popular British series ‘Doc Martin’ begins Thursday May 5th at 7:30pm on 7Two.

The comedy drama series, which previously aired on ABC, stars Martin Clunes. Played from the very beginning, ‘Doc Martin’ is expected to strengthen 7TWO’s current weak Thursday line-up.

No timeslot has yet been confirmed for ‘The Bill’ which is also coming to 7TWO.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:57 am
A few changes to 7TWO

Throng wrote:1. Changes to 7TWO next Tuesday April 26.

Are You Being Served moves to 7.30, To the Manor Born moves to 8.10. Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em is out. A Touch of Frost airs at 8.50pm, followed by That’s My Boy at 11.00pm. Hale & Pace moves to 11.30. The Tuesday night movie The Birdcage is now out.

2. Same again for 7TWO, the following Tuesday May 3.

7.30 Are You Being Served, 8.10 To The Manor Born, 8.50 A Touch of Frost, 11.00 That’s My Boy. No Tuesday night movies now.

Also, on Wednesday May 4 will be a Touched By Frost premiere special, called Goodbye Jack. It replaces Pie in the Sky.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:30 pm
7TWO adds to its British content. I still say rename this 7Brit

MediaSpy wrote:Australia’s number one digital channel 7TWO is set to continue its ratings dominance with new programs including hit UK dramas DOC MARTIN and THE BILL. Also joining the channel’s winning line up is fly-on-the-wall documentary series, THE SAVOY.

Premiering on May 5 at 7:30pm is the popular series DOC MARTIN starring Martin Clunes as Dr Martin Ellingham, a former top surgeon with limited social skills who re-establishes himself as a General Practitioner in a sleepy Cornish village.

Also premiering in May, 7TWO presents the award-winning British police drama series, THE BILL. 7TWO will pick up the action from series 15 with the two-part episode “A Question of Trust.”

7TWO’s two-part documentary special THE SAVOY examines the 200 million pound makeover of London’s famous Savoy Hotel. The program covers the two year restoration from start to finish, providing a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at the people that helped make it happen from the building contactors through to the front-of-house staff.

Another upcoming addition to 7TWO’s lifestyle programming is THE WORLD IN 80 TRADES featuring Connor Woodman, who sets off from his London base with 25,000 pounds in his pocket on a mission to double his money with every trade he makes as he travels across four continents.

Also debuting soon on 7TWO are classic British murder mysteries including CATHERINE COOKSON, RUTH RENDELL and SHERLOCK HOLMES along with timeless British comedy hits ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE, OPEN ALL HOURS, DAD’S ARMY, RISING DAMP, PLEASE SIR, THE FENN STREET GANG and THE DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE.

7TWO is number 1 for Total Individuals (survey year to date, wks 7-16, 2011) securing 6 of the top 10 programs and number 1 for People 25+ with 8 of the top 10 programs on digital channels.

Growth for 7TWO (year on year, wks 7-16, 2011 v wks 7-16, 2010) is up by 38.9% for Total Individuals and up by 48.5% for People 25+.
Cash on hand: 17,218.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:14 pm
greysfan wrote:7TWO adds to its British content. I still say rename this 7Brit

lol, good idea. since One HD has taken the HD out of the title theres no reason why 7two can't change their name.

although, I think it should just be called 72 instead of 7TWO as it clearly isn't 7two anymore, its more like ABC. funny too cause its a complete reversal, ABC 2 air lots of old US shows now and 7TWO are airing British shows that ABC once owned. don't know why they have changed but 7two should really be a second 7 channel and encore their shows from the main channel on different nights. for example on 7 sundays its Bones and Castle, they could encore the new eps on 7 two on mondays and so on for the other shows up until thursday. plus 7two could encore the comedies 7 airs after 10:30 in a earlier timeslot, perhaps on sundays to compete with GO?

the channel started off well but has sadly lost its identity, sure they like to air British shows which is fine but at least ONLY air them at 7:30 weeknights and weekends including fridays. use monday to thursday to encore stuff and air lower rated shows like they used to when the channel started just to play them out so the dvds can be released.

who agrees? what are some of your ideas?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:51 pm
Yep i agree completely. Encoring shows from earlier in the week is a top idea. However i would love that to happen on Mate because its HD. I think Seven has gone down this British path with 7TWO because its working so well for them and in turn sure the identity has been lost but in turn its created a new one in the process of becoming the place for British shows. There is a downside to all of the encoring though and that is that if you miss a show its like oh thats ok i'll catch it later in the week. That can sort of cannibalise things a little.

It is a great idea and would love it to happen especially for HD content again but i don't see Seven moving away from this British stuff on 7TWO.

So yeah thats my idea and thats to have our content in HD again. I am sick of watching TV in SD. HD used to make a huge difference and when i watched shows on Mate recently you could immediately see the difference, especially with The Amazing Race last week. I watched the encore on Sunday on Seven and you could easily see the difference between them. However i don't see this happening in the near future which i think is a shame. They were all GET HD a couple of years back so we all did and now there is very little HD out there.
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:11 am
TV Central wrote:Jonathon Creek

Quite often in Britain, shows will air special Christmas episodes of shows that are separate from the normal seasons. ‘Jonathan Creek’ has one of these called, ‘Black Canary’ and it will air on Wednesday April 18th at 9:45pm on 7Two.

The Bill

We have been hearing that 7Two would be airing ‘The Bill’ and now it has been confirmed. Re runs of the show will air on Thursday nights at 8:30pm starting May 19th on 7Two.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:34 pm
Marie Clare's Under the Cover will premiere 6:30pm Sunday June 12th

Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,923.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:41 pm
Nice to see Hale and Pace have some reruns

What a truly 'orrible duo they were

A real life Ren and Stimpy they were
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:37 am
How long has 72 been playing Father Ted?
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,923.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:12 am
its interesting how 7 two serves as a dumping ground for channel 7 and the live tennis
PreviousNext

Return to TV Ratings and Programming