7TWO

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,161,656.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:36 pm
We have a thread for GO! and ONE! so why not one for Sevens new channel, even if its not here yet. Obviously i will rename the topic when the name is revealed.

[quote:93ee739251][b:93ee739251]Lifestyle tipped for Seven digital[/b:93ee739251]

The Australian Financial Review reports that Seven’s new digital channel is likely to be dominated by Lifestyle shows.

Seven executives have been telling media buyers the new channel will launch within three months.

The channel has previously been rumoured to be toying with possible names including 7Plus and Plus7.

Seven’s channel will be the last in the commercial channels to join the current Freeview suite, but ABC3 is coming, sometime after late November.

Source: afr.com.au[/quote:93ee739251]

Source: [url=http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/09/lifestyle-tipped-for-seven-digital.html]TV Tonight[/url]

They are all saying Lifestyle but could it be a simple timeshifted channel. Thats what the name suggests.
Last edited by greysfan on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Cash on hand: 16,905.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:14 pm
this is just BS, after all of the months they made us wait for an announcement...this is it?!?!

Lifestyle programming isn't very appealing. they could have created something better like a Movie channel or something. haven't 7 learned anything from One and GO? people wanna see something different or new, 7 play lots of Lifestyle shows anyway, no one will be watching. they don't need a timeshift channel, they often replay Housewives and others during the day at 12.

If anything, have Lifestyle during the day and movies and old shows at night!

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:38 pm
Im with you on this one APM. A movie channel would've been fantastic but it isnt to be it seems.
Cash on hand: 8,336.60
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:21 pm
There'll never be a move channel, it would probably cost too much.

Definately agree about a lifestyle channel though, thats the worst idea ever.
Semper Fidelis
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:31 pm
What is with them stock piling Stargate, Ugly Betty and King of the Hill then? When there were rumours about an October launch, and then It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia was suddenly taken out of the air, with vague promises of returning in October, I thought that was being held for the second channel.

But Lifestyle? Yuck. Yawn. Vomit. This is all Masterchef's fault.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:32 pm
First off it isnt confirmed at all that it will be Lifestyle. Its just a big tip from the Financial Review. However in saying this.....

I must say this is the last type of channel i want to watch if it is what they are saying. I would prefer the timeshift over lifestyle even though they are both pretty bad ideas to start with.

I want to see shows like these:

Samantha Who?, Reaper, Ugly Betty, 30 Rock, That 70's Show, October Road, The Jay Leno Show, Knight Rider, Family Guy, American Dad, Lost, Grey's, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate SG1, Lost, 24. Most of these shows would be repeats but they would be so much better than lifestyle. Even in they had themed nights like Factual night on Thursday, Comedy night on Wednesdays, Tuesdays could be Crime, Mondays could be Premiere Night, Sunday could be Aussie Classics like Hey Dad, All Saints, Blue Heelers, A Country Practice etc. Also during the morning and afternoon they could play shows like shows from the Disney deal they have. So shows like Hannah Montanna, Wizards of Waverley Place, Thats So Raven, Suite Life, Lizzy McGuire etc as well as cartoons. They could get the Saturday Disney crew to host or something. Also what would be good is they repeat the previous nights shows on Seven say between 8:30pm and 11:30pm from Midday - 3pm. So if you missed it you can catch up the next day or something. I guess that sums up most of what i think any way. Better than lifestyle crap. They could still have the lifestyle thing but only have one night of it instead of a whole week. Make Friday night or Saturday night Movie night.

Remember Seven have huge deals with ABC (Disney), Universal Media Studios (NBC) and ITV. Why not use content you spend money on instead.

I would also like to see say the Aussie Open on the 2nd channel as a multi channel so we could pick what court we wanted to watch instead of just whats on Seven.
Cash on hand: 7,484.00
Bank: 497,894.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:40 pm
[quote:f206c22c3f="greysfan"]We have a thread for GO! and ONE! so why not one for Sevens new channel, even if its not here yet. Obviously i will rename the topic when the name is revealed.

[quote:f206c22c3f][b:f206c22c3f]Lifestyle tipped for Seven digital[/b:f206c22c3f]

The Australian Financial Review reports that Seven’s new digital channel is likely to be dominated by Lifestyle shows.

Seven executives have been telling media buyers the new channel will launch within three months.

The channel has previously been rumoured to be toying with possible names including 7Plus and Plus7.

Seven’s channel will be the last in the commercial channels to join the current Freeview suite, but ABC3 is coming, sometime after late November.

Source: afr.com.au[/quote:f206c22c3f]

Source: [url=http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/09/lifestyle-tipped-for-seven-digital.html]TV Tonight[/url]

They are all saying Lifestyle but could it be a simple timeshifted channel. Thats what the name suggests.[/quote:f206c22c3f]

PLUS7?

What, not 7UP? :o

So will the regular 7 be MINUS7, if a few of it's programs move over to this new channel? :eh: :P

Channel 7, PLUS7 - EQUALS14? :P

Some viewers may be NONPLUSSEDAT7 if this channel does not schedule some decent programming. :P
TVAus Signature Competition #6 - FINAL ROUND (Sig Comp #7 Sig) Sigs now in thread - Come check them out and feel free to comment!
Cash on hand: 770.00
Bank: 1,163,137.00
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:09 pm
I wouldn't believe the Financial Review. I think they just found something back from like 3 months ago saying about a lifestyle channel and went with that.

The current opinion is that the new channel will be similar to GO! with lots of teen type shows and stuff.

The jury is still out. I guess there is a possibility though that maybe it will be lifestyle during the day and teen during the evening? Just a thought.

-Ben
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:15 am
Yeah you are probably right. Todays Tele suggested that it will be a movie orientated channel. So maybe Seven are leaking all the things that will be on there. Maybe tomorrow it will be said to be comedy/drama based. We will just have to keep waiting until Seven officially say it.

Cash on hand: 108,344.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:46 am
Timeshift channel? Lifestyle channel?

Seven's newchannel should be like ABC2. Some 'time shift programming' and some new drama / comedy shows. Problem solved. We get new and old shows.
Next

Return to TV Ratings and Programming