9GO!

Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:29 pm
Fringe is another show that has GOne missing.

So Fox 8 has:
The Vampire Diaries
The Secret Circle
Pretty Little Liars
Gossip Girl
Chuck

W has:
Shameless (US)
Damages

Go has:
The Middle
Sh!t My Dad Says
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,270.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:45 pm
none of this needed to happen, they had GEM so they could have moved shows there instead of selling them off!

but Go hasn't been Go since early this year, it was really a sign of things to come. but what ever they tried just wasn't working, but they have to realise you just can't take shows off and move them around like they did. its just not smart, look at Eleven, Gem and even 7mate.. a lot of their shows have stayed put mostly. shows need to build an audience, big ratings don't happen over night.

Im sure they'll end up selling off Nikita too, they could have continued and fast-tracked Season 2 but didn't. but the way I see it, Go is now a part repeat and part movie channel. like what they are doing with Gossip Girl and Chuck, once Foxtel have aired them.. Go will air them at a late timeslot cause they know since its has already been played on foxtel its not gonna rate.

what they need to do is re-launch the channel in January and start from scratch or be GOne!

oh, and no fast-tracked The Middle either.
Emmy Winner
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:04 pm
Oh I forgot Nikita too.

Have you seen the lies Go is putting on their Facebook page :roll: ? Not going to improve the situation.

GOne missing:
Nikita
Fringe
Glory Daze
Justified
Community
Hard Times of Ron Berger (this has been on Foxtel already?)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Middle fast tracked (I heard this was coming soon though)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:09 pm
yeah, I think I read VD will be back with Season 3 early 2012 but we know thats BS. it would make sense cause they don't seem to like having breaks and wanna air it as a whole. oh, where is Human Target Season 2? at least air it late at night or something.

they better air some new shows over summer or I am gonna loose it!!

any other shows missing?

Daytime Soap Star
Cash on hand: 87.50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:40 pm
B1andB2 wrote:Oh I forgot Nikita too.

Have you seen the lies Go is putting on their Facebook page :roll: ? Not going to improve the situation.

GOne missing:
Nikita
Fringe
Glory Daze
Justified
Community
Hard Times of Ron Berger (this has been on Foxtel already?)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Middle fast tracked (I heard this was coming soon though)

They played Nikita out to the end of the 1st season. Mind you, it took them 4 re-starts and 8 time slot changes to do it, but they got there in the end. They were never going to go straight into Season 2. Who knows, we might get it some time in the future (when pigs learn how to fly).

You can probably remove this one from your list for now though.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:55 am
GO! on-sells shows to Foxtel

GO! will return a new season of Fringe and Curb Your Enthusiasm “soon” and launch new
shows The Hard Times of R.J. Berger and reality series I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.

The Hard Times of R.J. Berger is an MTV series about RJ Berger (Paul Iacono), the unpopular kid at school whose appendage makes him the centre of attention. Shades of a teenage Hung, with a hint of The Wonder Years.

But GO! has also on-sold some shows to Foxtel that it had promised it would air including the US
version of Shameless starring William H. Macy, and the third season of The Vampire Diaries.

Hart of Dixie, which features Rachel Bilson as a big time NYC doctor who is forced to move to country Alabama, will also premiere on Foxtel instead of GO! This isn’t the first time shows from the Nine Network have been on-sold to Foxtel, with Gossip Girl and Smallville as previous examples. In September Foxtel’s Brian Walsh told TV Tonight that it had made deals with the three commercial Free to Air networks for new content.

Go has become a joke, it was the best FTA network around and this year they seemed to have messed popular shows around like The Vampire Diaries, Fringe and Nikita. its like they just thought 'f**k it" and decided to sell off some shows and make it more of a repeat channel for the shows sold to Foxtel which won't rate in primetime anyway.

the article does say Fringe is returning 'soon' so I guess not all is lost, it'll probably be played over the summer. as for next year I hope they start fresh and bring us more shows and not screw us around so much. I was expecting Curb to return over summer as its only 10 eps and will be finished by late January/early February.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/10/go- ... oxtel.html
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 2,293,634.50
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:18 pm
Cyborg wrote:Go has become a joke, this year they seemed to have messed popular shows around like The Vampire Diaries, Fringe and Nikita. its like they just thought 'f**k it" and decided to sell off some shows and make it more of a repeat channel for the shows sold to Foxtel which won't rate in primetime anyway. as for next year I hope they start fresh and bring us more shows and not screw us around so much.

People say this about then every year but time and again it doesn't happen. What you see is what you get.
2010B & 2011A TvAus Ratings Comp Winner, TvAus AFL Tipping Comp: 2011 Co-Winner, 2012 Runner-up.

Member 18685 - an asset of NSW.
Emmy Winner
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:15 pm
So Fox 8 has:
The Vampire Diaries
The Secret Circle
Pretty Little Liars
Gossip Girl
Chuck
Hart of Dixie

W has:
Shameless (US)
Damages

FX has:
Justified

Go has:
Sh!t My Dad Says
I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here

GOne missing:
Nikita s2
Fringe s4*
Glory Daze
Community s3
Hard Times of Ron Berger*
Curb Your Enthusiasm s8*
The Middle s3*

*promised to return soon, but who would trust them?
Emmy Winner
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:33 pm
Go! is really hyping up I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here on their facebook page, so it must be coming very soon.

Meanwhile, The Vampire Diaries has been amazing this season. Big mistake Go! Huge!
Screen Actors Guild Winner
Cash on hand: 253.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:46 pm
I gave up on Go! years ago. It started going down hill 6 months after the launch. We have lost
so many good shows because of the idiots in charge of the programming department. If anything it's just now a dumping ground for axed shows.
Why oh why is their day time schedule so perfect and most of it has been the way it is since the start of the channel but yet when it comes to prime time they have to constantly mess with us.
I am tempted to delete it from my Channel list! LOL but you never they may suprise us yet with some new shows apart from the ones listed already.
PreviousNext

Return to TV Ratings and Programming