9GO!

Screen Actors Guild Winner
Cash on hand: 253.00
Bank: 0.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:04 pm
Wow I can't believe how bad Go! has become in the programming department. It's been months since I even watched anything on Go! ... Go used to be pretty cool but now can't watch anything without it dissapearing a week later. Oh well you get that. :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,218.30
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:39 pm
yeah, they haven't played anything new for a while. don't know what they're waiting for, they've advertised things for months also but hasn't aired any of them - Glory Daze, Hard Times, Shameless, Justified and a few more. its September for f**k sake!! but I bet they like Nine are waiting for the end of the month so they can fast-track some shows and air others they've promised.

but yeah this year has been pretty bad for GO, they were once the home for other shows for a different audience.
they were a way to air shows quicker and in better timeslots but this year its been movies and big bang every day.
Cash on hand: 9,137.50
Bank: 804,267.00
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:19 pm
For those who haven't seen it, GO is repeating the previous 4 episodes of Camelot from tonight through to Friday at times varying from 11.30pm to 12.30am.
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:20 pm
hey gang, been thinking about this for a little while now and thought I'd share what exactly is going on with the channel.

as you have all noticed, this year there has been a lack of 'New' shows and 'New' Seasons of shows from the past. but I have come to the conclusion that GO/Nine no longer care about playing new shows and only repeats. GO have been the dumping ground for shows that haven't worked on Nine like Charlies Angels, Camelot and S**t My Dad says.

it seems also new comedies are much prefered on Nine, even if they don't work out. Mike and Molly hasn't worked on Nine but they still play it, most of the time its moved but they never aired new eps on GO. Drop Dead Diva has even been moved to GEM, the same thing happened last year with Weeds making the move from Go to Gem which is fine.. plus its in HD. shows like Better With You which was axed is still being played late on Nine.

but I have also found out that they have sold the first run rights for season 3 onwards for Vampire Diaries. I thought the whole point of the channel was so they don't have to do that anymore. before Go thats what they did but ones they have sold in the past are played as first run on fta in late night slots like Gossip Girl and Chuck. this year I saw ads for shows they said was 'coming soon' but haven't been shown, not even in a late night slot like Shameless and Justified (should actually be on Gem anyway) and Hard Times.

this year there has been a HUGE increase of movies played every single damn night on GO! some aren't even youth orientated but they still play them. I have noticed that movies that used to be on Seven from MGM have been moved from 7 to GO like Teen Wolf 1&2, Legally Blonde 2 and others. hell even a Universal movie 'The Big Lebowski' was played on GO Saturday night, Seven own Universal now. but what I don't get is why 7mate and 7two are airing Sony movies that Nine own like The Cable Guy.

in short, I believe GO is now gonna be the Fta answer to a movie channel and may very well stay that way!!
it also is the home for the most repeats of shows, new or classic.. after Eleven and 7mate.

your thoughts on this?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:49 pm
I haven't watched GO since Camelot finished and I watched Spartacus Blood & Sand before that when it was repeated late on Wednesday nights recently.
I guess it is supposed to be a "youth" channel and I'm way outside that demographic :oops: But it appears to be a mishmash of old comedies, movies and kiddie cartoons :roll: I don't think Nine know what they want to do with it to be honest. There's nothing exciting in the way of new programming that I've heard about.
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:59 pm
they probably think Movies is a better alternate cause not all shows rate well and at least its safe as theres something different every night. plus Foxtel have heaps of Movie channels to choose from, they probably thought "why not FTA?" and no one else has done it. but in a way I like the idea, just have some shows at 11:30pm or even 7:30 and air movies at 8:30.

I guess they realised not every teenager is watching tv every night so what ever they put on anyway isn't gonna rate over 1 million or even half that so at least movies is an alternate to whats on the other channels. but channels can change, One was a all day sports channel which failed and now its casual sports with shows just for men.

but I think they should just move some more 'adult' shows to GEM, and their schedule seems to stay as is most of the time.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:08 pm
This is a problem with all these new channels, there's so much more airtime that needs to be filled that much of the time there's nothing even remotely interesting on :roll: Bruce Springsteen had a song with the line "57 channels and nothing on" and it's certainly getting that way!
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am
Go suck! Yes Fox8 has exclusive rights to The Vampire Diaries, but they are not showing season 3 until mid next year, so what's the point? They also have Pretty Little Liars and The Secret Circle (GO was briefly advertising this).

And where the eff is Shameless and Justified?

I don't think Nine should put new episodes of Mike & Molly on Go just yet. The show will be on for years in the US and is just waiting to break out here like TBBT and 2.5t Men. What they should have been doing was capitalising on Melissa McCarthy's increased profile this year. That was such a missed opportunity.
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:33 pm
Now someone on TVTonight says Shameless (US) is going to the W Channel, but I cannot find any official source for that.

So we are no better than we were a few years ago when Nine sold off Chuck, Gossip Girl, Pushing Daisies, Damages etc. and now they sell off the young and genre stuff, and keep shows like Unforgettable :roll:.

So any guesses if they still have Community, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Justified?
Last edited by B1andB2 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:20 pm
see, this is what Im saying. they have no interest in new shows anymore, this makes me very mad!! GO was the best thing to happen to FTA (before Eleven) and now they've f**ked it all up!! when it started, we no longer had to put up with Nine playing the types of shows GO used to play late at night or over summer. shows would be taken off a few eps in (not much has changed) and sometimes never returned. then comes GO which was a brilliant idea and we had a channel for the lower rated shows and had a way to catch up with the US (which we did) but somehow GO lost their way, much like 7two which is now british themed and One which is now men show themed instead of sports only.

now go would rather play the same movies over and over thus making it FTA's answer to a movie channel, in prime time anyway. thats all well and good but most people would rather watch it on dvd uncut, with no ads and in its original aspect ratio. if they are gonna stick to movies, good luck to them but at least use the 7:30 - 8:30 and 10:30 onwards slots for some shows instead of repeats. put stuff like Community on during the week or something like S**t My Dad Says.

Shameless, Episodes, Curb and Justified should all go to GEM anyway like with The Big C and Weeds.

GEM's schedule is stable at least, more than Go anyway.
PreviousNext

Return to TV Ratings and Programming