Aust. TV Ratings

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:43 pm
The past couple of days has seen My Kitchen Rules hit bumper audiences of over 2m for the past 2 nights. Revenge returned to a healthy 1.5m while The Block premiered to its smallest premiere ever with just under 1m on both nights. Who would have predicted this.

Other results that are significant for the past few days have seen Elementary premiere to the best figures from TEN in a while with 1.23m, Packed to the Rafters still proving this is still our favourite Aussie drama with 1.55m and Seven so far sweeping the demos. Yet this all comes at a time where the ratings period hasn't even begun yet. All these figures won't officially count. Next week will be the interesting one.

Cash on hand: 108,391.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:35 pm
My Kitchen Rules getting over 2million over the last 2 nights - that is really good. Its doing alot better than i thought it would be getting. It smashed Masterchef!

Elementart did well for Ten on Sunday. Hopefully, it mantains most of its viewers during the coming weeks. The Graham Norton Show did bette on Sunday that on Saturdays
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:48 pm
Another high 2.2m tuned in again last night for My Kitchen Rules dominating the timeslot. The cricket scored a healthy 1.07m while Glee slumped on TEN to jsut 377k. Notting Hill repeated well with 730k. Nine News beat Seven News in Sydney and Melbourne but lost in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:13 am
I miss the good old days of posting in here almost on a daily basis. As with us regular posters in here, I hated it when oztam decided to change the rules and not let us post here on a regular basis.

However....... there's another forum (oooooh.... another forum!.... lol) that does post the top 20 programs for the day on a daily basis, but is only limited to that - the top 20. There is constant feedback on that top 20, and it flows quite well. There is also a blog that I read that also posts the top 20, but is also allowed to post further results outside the top 20 in an ''article'', usually done for Sunday to Thursday, as this blogger feels there isn't much further info out there on Fridays and Saturdays.

is there any way that this ratings page can ''re-open'' by any chance? By chance, despite not posting in here for some months, is still the most active page I am on (which is surprisingly). I would like to continue my views on our viewing patterns on a regular basis here, but am not certain of the oztam garbage that has to be taken into account
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:51 pm
I hear what you are saying and when these new rules came out i did look into it because i knew half the reason people came here was to see the TV Ratings each day. It was probably the most active topic around here but unfortunately when i investigated further OzTAM wanted a fair chunk of change which is bloody ridiculous that it wasn't worth the effort unfortunately. I can't speak for that other forum and the deal they have but when i approached OzTAM they basically told me they want a fee and it wasn't something like $100 a year it was a substantially bigger figure.

It is hard to discuss ratings when you can't actually discuss figures and so with that the thread became useless which imo is a huge shame. If OzTAM does decide to change the rules again (we can only hope) then maybe we can get the ratings back but if and when that happens its sad really. :( I did try i really did back in the day but thats how it ended unfortunately.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:50 pm
thank you so much for the response. I kind of gathered that this page was stopped because of the new OzTam changes, and the cost of actually gaining the required ratings from them (I imagined that it would be a lot of money).

I only ask if there was a chance of posting the info just in case there was a change in posting the ratings, but unfortunately, there isn't. Bummer!

I understand that it is hard to discuss the ratings when you can't actually talk about these figures, which would make it extremely hard. With you, I do hope that they change the rules, but doesn't look like it will happen for some time. I remember when OzTam changed its rules, you tried your very hardest to continue it but unfortunately, the discussions did have to end.

thank you again for the clarification, greysfan.

sidenote - I remember how popular this topic is. I think it may still be the topic with the most posts in it? I know that it is still the most posts in a topic for me (thanks to the viewer profile page. lol)

Hollywood Movie Star
Cash on hand: 1,139.30
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:36 pm
I remember checking this page every morning to check out the ratings. It's been a few years since i've been on this site, disappointing about OzTam's new guidelines
Previous

Return to TV Ratings and Programming