HBO

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:23 am
So no one's a bigger fan than me of the network that gave us SFU, Oz, Deadwood, The Soprano's, The Wire and Curb Your Enthusiasm, so I thought's I'd share here what's going on with current and future HBO projects...

Here's the main points...

EXISTING SHOWS:

-- [b3d]The Soprano[/b3d]'s won't finish it's Season 6 run until March next year in the U.S (originally planned for February I think)

-- There are NO plans for a third season of [b3d]Rome[/b3d], but it's second and probably final season will air late next year. (Our Summer, their Winter)

-- Season 5 of [b3d]The Wire [/b3d]is a possibility, but no certainty, with Season 4 to air in the U.S in a couple of months.

-- [b3d]Curb Your Enthusiasm[/b3d] will [i3d]probably[/i3d] be back for a sixth season next year! :dance:

-- [b3d]Big Love[/b3d] Season 2 will air around this time next year in the U.S

NEW SHOWS:

--[b3d]sexLife[/b3d]- Relationship drama about couples in therapy,
US AIR DATE: June-August 2007

-- [b3d]True Blood[/b3d]- New vampire drama from [i3d]Six Feet Under[/i3d] creator, Alan Ball.
US AIR DATE: September-November 2007

--[b3d] John From Cincinatti[/b3d]- New Hawaii surfing drama from [i3d]Deadwood[/i3d] creator David Milch.
US AIR DATE: September-November 2007

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23840

I'm definately intrigued by that Alan Ball vampire show... :thinking:
Last edited by A.A on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cash on hand: 11,013.00
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:24 am
i'm a huge fan of big love now, so i canm't wait for season 2. is it really going to come back in july next year? cause i thought it started a lot earlier this year>
[img05]http://i38.tinypic.com/2yoocbo.jpg[/img05]
Cash on hand: 110.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:38 pm
Big Love is great. Lets hope we still dont have to wait another year for the 2nd season.
Out of the new shows in the making True Blood sounds like my type of thing!

Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:29 pm
Alan Ball + Vampires? Count me in!

Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:51 pm
I like Big Love too. I stopped watching after episode 5, dont really know why, i think I'll catch up before the second season starts.

[quote:ff3e7cba16="Yorick"]Alan Ball + Vampires? Count me in![/quote:ff3e7cba16]

Hell yeah! Count me in too!
If this doesnt turn out awesome...
Cash on hand: 12,680.00
Bank: 975,954.30
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:13 pm
I cant wait for new HBO shows.

I have enjoyed every HBO series i have seen.
Logie Winner
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:25 pm
Alan Ball + Vampires = Frickin' yeah! Heck that sounds like an awesome mix!!

I did some research and found the following on the show -

"True Blood, a mooted series based on Charlaine Harris’s novels “about vampires in Louisiana”. “I picked up the first book on impulse,” he recalls. “I read it . . . and then read the next five.” He has just finished writing the pilot, which he will direct.

The combination of bloodsuckers and the Deep South leads to inevitable comparisons with the work of Anne Rice, but, Ball insists: “It’s not Gothic in the way that Rice is. It’s contemporary rural America, white trashy, very funny and really scary.” Nor do the spectres of Buffy or Angel loom large: he professes never to have seen either. “I know that they’re successful shows and have rapturous followings. But my agent said: ‘

This is not like Buffy’, which is good.”

True Blood takes its name from the brand of synthetic blood that the Japanese have patented in Harris’s novels. Vampires can actually drink it, Ball explains, thereby bypassing their need for human blood. Having shed one of their more antisocial habits, the vampires “decide to make their presence known, hire PR firms, and sort of . . . come out of the coffin. A lot of churches are horribly against them, but they are very wealthy, and contribute a lot of money to Republican politicians so that they can legitimise their holdings.” He had fun with subtexts: “Vampires are a great metaphor for minority groups that struggle for rights and recognition, but also for Republicans, in that they’re vicious and bloodthirsty and will destroy anything that gets in their way.”
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:23 am
Alan Ball has never seen Buffy? :shock:

Lucky him! :P :D

I'm sure this will own BTVS. :)

And I've loved pretty much every HBO show except Sex and the City. It's true I have a negative bias against SJP, but I didn't much like the show anyhow. But everything else I've seen that they've done I've loved, including [i:ea34ea9eed]Carnivale[/i:ea34ea9eed] which I forgot to mention above. :wink:
Cash on hand: 11,013.00
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:00 pm
[quote:6a8ed2add6="jamie_marsters"]Does anyone know where I could download [i:6a8ed2add6]Big Love[/i:6a8ed2add6]?

I've been trying different torrents, but most of them don't work. Especially for the pilot episode.

And I really wanna check it out!

(PM if you can help, please :) )[/quote:6a8ed2add6]

just be careful, when i was trying to get the eps, i ran into a couple of torrents with ppl saying that hbo was tracking them and had sent them out copyright infringement notices.
[img05]http://i38.tinypic.com/2yoocbo.jpg[/img05]
Next

Return to TV Ratings and Programming