HBO

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:17 am
'Enlightened' Renewed; 'Hung,' 'Bored To Death,' 'How To Make It In America' Canceled By HBO

HBO has renewed Englightened for a second season, while at the same time it has canceled Hung, Bored to Death and How To Make It In America.

The ins and outs of lower tier HBO show renewals and cancellations are completely off my radar screen. Their viewerships/ratings are mostly microscopic, and since they often have little to do with viewership or ratings, HBO's reasons for doing what they do are often inscrutable.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/12/20/enlightened-renewed-hung-bored-to-death-how-to-make-it-in-america-canceled-by-hbo/114301/
Cash on hand: 17,128.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:32 am
Ted Danson has moved on to CSI so that was expected, but Bored to Death wasn't that good anyway.
Hung wasn't going anywhere, it was good but not great. haven't seen the other 2 shows though.

(PS, can a mod rename this to just 'HBO' ?)
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:58 pm
More Boardwalk is all I care about. :)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:34 pm
'Luck' Renewed By HBO For A Second Season

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 31, 2012 – HBO has renewed the drama LUCK for a second season, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming. LUCK has received overwhelming critical acclaim and the first episode has a gross audience of 3.3 million viewers to date. The pickup, which is for ten episodes, is slated to air in January 2013. Production is scheduled to resume at the end of February.

From acclaimed director Michael Mann and “Deadwood” creator David Milch, LUCK is a behind-the-track look at the world of horse racing and gambling’s denizens – owners, trainers, jockeys and gamblers, whose cast is led by Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte. The series will be filmed at Santa Anita Park and various other locations.
“We couldn’t be more thrilled with the critical response to this beautiful piece of work,” said Michael Lombardo, “and we are very excited about where David and Michael plan to take these incredible characters.”

Season one regulars included Dennis Farina, John Ortiz, Richard Kind, Kevin Dunn, Ian Hart, Ritchie Coster, Jason Gedrick, Kerry Condon, Gary Stevens, Tom Payne, and Jill Hennessy.
Season one credits: the executive producers of LUCK are David Milch, Michael Mann and Carolyn Strauss; co-executive producers are Henry Bronchtein and Eric Roth; Dustin Hoffman serves as producer.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/01/31/luck-renewed-by-hbo-for-a-second-season/118176/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:27 pm
Turns out Luck wont be returning for a second season after all. HBO has cancelled the show due to 3 horses being injured and put down in the production of the first and second season. Its unknown how much of season 2 was completed but i doubt those episodes will ever be seen now.
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:20 pm
was just thinking about HBO lately and have noticed a few more shows are ending.

Boardwalk Empire will end this year with Season 5 with a final 8 episodes

True Blood ends soon with Season 7

Newsroom ends with Season 3

Eastbound & Down ended recently with Season 4, same with Treme.

I mean what is there left really besides Veep, Game of Thrones & True Detective, cause I haven't heard too much about newer shows. and I mean high quality shows, with great acting, cast and high production values.

are there others ended recently or soon?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:13 pm
shows that have ended CAN come back.

The Comeback, has come.. back?!

I thought the show was axed, it has been 9 years.. interesting.

if they can bring that back, anything can!
Previous

Return to TV Ratings and Programming