NINE

Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,501.40
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:01 pm
Winner Announced for Voice Finale will certainly be over 3 million. I'm still not sure about the overall program.
What do they mean slightly altered format of The Block for next year? Maybe they'll go back to units so that it doesn't take as long to do a season.
They are kidding themselves if they think Arrow is gonna work on Nine. Just premiere it on GO. It'll be the new Terminator/Fringe/V.
House Husbands is an interesting idea so it could work. It could possibly work better than Tricky Business.

Look, Nine have a few interesting things but if you ask me, it truly depends on Big Brother. It's almost as important as Renovators (not as important because Nine is a little more stable than Ten). If Big Brother does not work, they are screwed. I really hope it does. There's too many shows based down in Sydney or Melbourne now.
Don't know if Up Late should be starting at 9pm, that's a bit early. I would have gone with 10:30 (maybe 9:30) so that GO can stop playing movies which are starting to get a bit tedious. I KNOW! Move movies to GEM. That'll help GEM out, they need help at the moment.

I think the big worry at the moment for them is the four weeks before the Olympics. I believe The Block finishes up on the 1st July. So what are they gonna do between 1st July and 28th July. All they seem to have is Euro Gap Year and Tricky Business and big drawcards. What are they going to do?
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 16,905.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:13 am
2012 Pt. II: Nine

We’re not quite at the halfway mark of the year, and we don’t reach the halfway point of the TV year until mid-July, but Nine is confirming its key titles for the remainder of 2012.

They include:

2012 Olympic Games,
Big Brother,
Underbelly Badness,
The Farmer Wants a Wife,
Howzat! Kerry Packer’s War,
House Husbands,
Parades End,
Treasure Island,
Hamish & Andy’s Euro Gap Year.
At Home with the Weekly,
The Great Australian Bakeoff,
RBT,
Hot Property,
Dallas,
Anger Management,
Arrow,
The Following,
Golden Boy,
Partners,
Two and a Half Men,
The Big Bang Theory,
The Mentalist,
Two Broke Girls,
NRL Finals,
State of Origin,
Summer of Cricket.

Episodes has also been flagged.

Last night Nine rolled out its first promos for Underbelly: Badness featuring Jonathan LaPaglia.

thats awesome that Anger Management, Dallas, Arrow and The Following are getting FTA first runs. hopefully Nine don't screw them around too much. and it would be wise to play Arrow on GO instead of Nine, and have Dallas on both Nine and Gem repeats. same goes for Anger Management, on Nine with 2.5 Men and repeated on Go.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/06/201 ... -nine.html
Cash on hand: 8,865.00
Bank: 731,152.00
Mood: Sad
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:09 pm
What Nine Should Have Done Between Easter and The Olympics

http://www.throng.com.au/2012/07/what-n ... -olympics/
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,883.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:01 pm
http://www.news.com.au/business/compani ... 6497199581
Cash on hand: 8,865.00
Bank: 731,152.00
Mood: Sad
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:38 am
Promo for Channel Nine's 2013 lineup including: The Voice, The Block - All Stars, The Celebrity Apprentice, The Great Australia Bake Off, Parade's End, Arrow, House Husbands, Underbelly: Squizzy and, new to Channel Nine, Australia's Got Talent. The Voice and The Block - All Stars are set to begin in February 2013.

Out of that lineup, I'd be interested in Parade's End, Arrow, House Husbands and Underbelly:Squizzy. Not at all interested in any cooking, singing, talent or otherwise reality shows which take up over half that list. :X
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:38 pm
http://www.smh.com.au/national/southern ... 2fbr1.html

Whats this I hear about a merger or one network buying another?
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 16,341.60
Bank: 599,767.00
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:36 am
CONDEMNED666 wrote:http://www.smh.com.au/national/southern-cross-has-nine-in-its-sights-if-rules-overhauled-20130301-2fbr1.html

Whats this I hear about a merger or one network buying another?

The lapse of Nine's affiliate deal with its regional partner, WIN Television, last year, and the expiry of Ten's deal with Southern Cross this June, raises the possibility of the networks swapping partners ahead of any potential merger activity.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/southern ... z2MtN9W2gV
Could be interesting times ahead if this all goes through.
BRING BACK LETTERS AND NUMBERS
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:20 pm
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/te ... 6638915961

Good news, everyone!
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:33 pm
I'm annoyed that Nine has been playing around with the new episodes of Big Bang Theory. After it announced that the new episodes would air on Wednesdays at 8pm, it only took one week and one new episode before they gave us two Wednesdays in a row with repeats. What the bleep for Nine???
A new episode aired last week and here's hoping they might be kind again this week.

Also, on Gem, there is My Strange Addiction late night on Monday night. Last week and this week in the TV guide they had listed some other program instead of My Strange Addiction. So I went to bed early last week and this week by happy chance, found that MSA was on after all, despite it not being listed in the TV guide. I supposed it might have been on last week too, so it annoys me I might have missed two episodes. Especially the one with the guy addicted to his car.

I know there can be late last minute changes but to have printed a different show two weeks in a row is just stupid. I hate how the TV guide is so often wrong, how all the channels, not just Nine, play around with programming and annoy their viewers, even though they know they now have huge competition with people downloading episodes of TV shows from the internet.
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,161,656.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:14 pm
Nine wins cricket and also is set to buy back Adelaide and Perth from WIN to try and regain national status.

Daily Telegraph wrote:Channel Nine matches Channel Ten's to $500 million bid for cricket rights

CHANNEL Nine has won rights to broadcast Test and one-day international cricket for the next five years after matching Channel Ten's record $500 million bid.

Nine officially informed Cricket Australia late this afternoon.

The move means Nine will broadcast this summer's Ashes campaign, continuing the network's 36-year association with cricket going back to Kerry Packer's World Series cricket revolution.

Under the deal, Nine will pay about $80 million a year, while Network Ten will pay about $20 million a year for the Big Bash Twenty20 tournament.

Cricket Australia has recorded the richest pay day in its history thanks to Ten's new chief executive Hamish McLennan, who initially lobbed the audacious $500 million bid.

The Ten bid forced Nine to increase its annual broadcast fee to Cricket Australia by 78 per cent from the $45 million a year deal which began in 2006.

Ten's capture of the Big Bash rights will help rejuvenate the third-placed network and attract new advertisers. It comes after Mr McLennan also snapped up rights to the Sochi Winter Olympics next February for a bargain price.

Nine chief executive David Gyngell pulled off what many media analysts thought would be impossible - convincing Nine's owners, U.S. hedge funds Apollo and Oaktree Capital, to stump up a record amount to continue Nine's cricket heritage.

He was only able to provide comfort to his owners by convincing Bermuda billionaire Bruce Gordon to sell two of his capital city stations owned by his regional WIN network.

In a deal worth about $350 million, Nine will purchase the WIN station in Adelaide immediately and has undertaken to purchase the Perth station, most likely next year, when an Abbott government changes media rules which presently prevent TV networks from broadcasting to more than 75 per cent of the population.

Nine, which owns stations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Newcastle, would go over the limit if it purchased both Adelaide and Perth immediately.

The deal means Nine can limit its losses on the cricket by reducing costs across the new network. Mr Gyngell has also negotiated an increase in licence fees from WIN to broadcast Nine content, including the cricket.

It also means that Nine becomes a true national network for the first time and can set about improving its ratings in Adelaide and particularly Perth, where the Kerry Stokes-owned Seven Network is extremely dominant.

Nine also bid a record $95 million a year to retain NRL free-to-air rights last year, which analysts estimate costs the network a net $35 million a year, taking into account advertising booked against the NRL and additional broadcasting expenses.

Between the Nine and Ten deals, Cricket Australia will receive more than $100 million a season, a massive jump on the $57 million it received under its previous deals.

The Daily Telegraph understands a federal parliamentary committee is expected to soon recommend that a rule be lifted that prevents networks broadcasting to more than 75 per cent of the population. Although Communications Minister Stephen Conroy is in favour of lifting the rule, it is not likely to be passed into law until after the September 14 federal election.

As part of the WIN deal, Nine has negotiated to receive bigger licence fees for Nine content broadcast on WIN's regional network.

It also means Nine's cost of retaining the cricket can be spread over a national network, satisfying Nine's owners, US hedge funds Apollo and Oaktree Capital.
PreviousNext

Return to TV Ratings and Programming