NINE

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 8,862.50
Bank: 731,152.00
Mood: Sad
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:18 am
Sport to move from GEM to GO!

Live Sport currently seen on GEM will be moved to GO! as part of Nine’s rebranding of its channels.

When Nine becomes a high definition channel and LIFE launches from November 26, GEM will no longer be an HD channel and resume its female-skewing content.

In contrast GO! will be the home of more male-skewing content, meaning Live Sport, such as “over-runs” from Nine broadcasts, will be included.

Other tidbits emerging from Nine’s recent Upfronts:
House Husbands new cast member…. will be a new husband.
Love Child storylines will head into the Vietnam War
This Time Next Year will air in 2017 not 2016, because it takes at least a year to film the subjects involved.
Australia’s Got Talent to film at Her Majesty’s Theatre, Melbourne (may not be the only venue).
•The next Block site purchase in Melbourne is in ‘final negotiations.’

http://tvtonight.com.au/2015/11/sport-t ... to-go.html
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:44 am
9HD FAQs

http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/coming-s ... rogram-tv/

How do I know if I have a high definition (HD) integrated digital TV?

After you re-tune your TV you will have Channel 90 available if you have a HD enabled TV. If you don’t receive Channel 90 after you re-tune then you don’t have an Mpeg 4 decoder and won’t be able to receive 9HD.

I can't receive the Racing.com channel on my tv (which is broadcast in Mpeg 4) but I can on my PVRs. Doesn't really matter because I don't really notice much difference in HD and SD (plus if we want we can watch through those).
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Cash on hand: 13,468.00
Bank: 5,302,197.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:35 am
Rayne wrote:9HD FAQs

http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/coming-s ... rogram-tv/

How do I know if I have a high definition (HD) integrated digital TV?

After you re-tune your TV you will have Channel 90 available if you have a HD enabled TV. If you don’t receive Channel 90 after you re-tune then you don’t have an Mpeg 4 decoder and won’t be able to receive 9HD.

I can't receive the Racing.com channel on my tv (which is broadcast in Mpeg 4) but I can on my PVRs. Doesn't really matter because I don't really notice much difference in HD and SD (plus if we want we can watch through those).

Just whgat I came here looking for. Thanks for tthe link Rayne.

It'll be fully wasted on me. I don't see a difference in Blueray, HD or any of it.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:06 am
Jayel wrote:It'll be fully wasted on me. I don't see a difference in Blueray, HD or any of it.

I laugh to myself when I read people complaining about things not being broadcast in HD. I say just be grateful you have a clear picture! Picture this: B*mf^%k NZ - three channels, antenna way up on the hill behind the house, everytime there's a thunderstorm the amplifier blows so no reception. Snowy picture on a GOOD day....some people don't know they're born! :D
Cash on hand: 30,505.00
Bank: 2,195,898.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:46 am
Jayel wrote:
It'll be fully wasted on me. I don't see a difference in Blueray, HD or any of it.

I used to be like that ... and still am to a degree (dvd/bluray). But I became a believer when watching the F1 in SD or HD. There's no comparison. The HD is so crisp and easy to watch - the graphics are just way easier to read. Also hugely noticeable on football - ch9 rugby league shimmers and vibrates all over the place, but Foxtel HD is sharp and doesn't move. No comparison in watchability.
Happy to pay extra $ to Foxtel to get the HD, and the fta stations should be ashamed of themselves for not changing over sooner.
Cash on hand: 13,468.00
Bank: 5,302,197.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:18 pm
:lol: @ Rayne, scuse me for laughing. That must be SO frustrating. Reminds me of when I lived under the flight path when I first came to Australia, the picture wobbled all over the place.

And cleo, today is the first day I've seen a difference.

Three Tv's with three different remote controls and places to find your set up and three different ways of getting to where you need to be. The new Sony Bravia was the simplest, the old Sony Bravia was a little trickier to get to, and the other Samsung, well, that was like playing hide and seek! We had to put in a 4 digit code to access that area, we didn't even have one! I tried everything I thought it could be/what we would use, but nope. In the end I just put in 0000 and that worked :shock: Don't ever remember putting a code in, and we'd never have used that.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:34 pm
Jayel believe me the air would be blue sometimes! :D

TV tuned itself, I CAN receive 9HD on it not sure why the racing channel is audio only :? Not that I watch it anyway!
Had to tune both PVRs, the new one was simple but with the older one I ended up with double ups of all channels so spent a while deleting the ones with no EPG.

All up to date now - Mr Rayne will be happy he'll be able to watch the footy in HD next season :lol:
Cash on hand: 30,505.00
Bank: 2,195,898.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:38 pm
No HD for regionals ... :|
Previous

Return to TV Ratings and Programming