All The Same, One Different

Isn't it about time you relaxed and had some fun?
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,840.30
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:06 pm
Thought this game up the other day. If anyone has a better name for it, Suggestions welcome! :)

Anyways rules are you list a group of things, they all have to have something in common, and also at least one has to be the odd one out.

You get a point for picking each, and the person who completes the set that the OP thought up gets to post the next one.

edit: you only 'win' the round for guessing the common element and difference the OP thought of. Other answers may be technicaly correct, and points will be given for those, but you have to pick the same as the OP to move to a new set. ;)

So I'll Start:

Se7en / Fight Club / Inglourious Basterds

What do they have in common?
Which is the odd one out and why?

:)
Last edited by CTUAffillate on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,839.40
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:03 pm
All three are titles of films.
Fight Club is the only title without (intentional) misspellings.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (attrib.)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:55 pm
Fringedweller wrote:All three are titles of films.
Fight Club is the only title without (intentional) misspellings.

Hmm that works... but not the ones i'm looking for. X X

Clue: People ;)
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:23 pm
Edit of opening post noted.

Brad Pitt acted in all three films.

Morgan Freeman appeared in Se7en and Fight Club, but not in Inglourious Basterds.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (attrib.)
Cash on hand: 7,484.00
Bank: 547,683.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:39 pm
CTUAffillate wrote:Thought this game up the other day. If anyone has a better name for it, Suggestions welcome! :)

Anyways rules are you list a group of things, they all have to have something in common, and also at least one has to be the odd one out.

You get a point for picking each, and the person who completes the set that the OP thought up gets to post the next one.

edit: you only 'win' the round for guessing the common element and difference the OP thought of. Other answers may be technicaly correct, and points will be given for those, but you have to pick the same as the OP to move to a new set. ;)

So I'll Start:

Se7en / Fight Club / Inglourious Basterds

:)

Too easy - but then I'm a quasi-Film Geek - Pitt has starred in all three and the difference is - David Fincher directed Se7en and Figh Club while Inglorious Basterds is a Quentin Tarantino film. ;)
TVAus Signature Competition #6 - FINAL ROUND (Sig Comp #7 Sig) Sigs now in thread - Come check them out and feel free to comment!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:02 pm
Correct Answers
Similarity: Brad Pitt appears in all three films
OOO: Inglourious Basterds is a Tarantino directed film, the other two by David Fincher.

Fringed, Morgan Freeman did not appear in Fight Club. ;)

Leaderboard
Fringedweller - 3
Cellar Door - 1 ------------> Next Turn (Completed the set)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:41 pm
Thanks CTU and thanks for instigating this fun game. :)

Next one:

Perth (Western Australia) / Dundee (KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa) / Edinburgh (Indiana, USA)

TVAus Signature Competition #6 - FINAL ROUND (Sig Comp #7 Sig) Sigs now in thread - Come check them out and feel free to comment!
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:20 pm
Yes, this game certainly has potential.

All three cities are named after Scottish ones, but only Edinburgh is also in the northern hemisphere.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:26 am
Fringedweller wrote:Yes, this game certainly has potential.

All three cities are named after Scottish ones, but only Edinburgh is also in the northern hemisphere.

Ah! Nice one! Actually I was thinking for latter that two are in the Commonwealth of Nations, where the US isn't, but I actually chose this one as you could have a few options and infact your choice of differential is probably the better, if not best one! 8-) ooX

Not sure what number of points to award, so I'll just add 1 for the moment, till CTU clarifies? If a change is required I'll edit the scoreboard in this post accordingly.

Leaderboard
Fringedweller - 4 ------------> Next Turn (Completed the set)
Cellar Door - 1
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:41 am
Thanks, Cellar Door. I'm not fussed about points. It's just a game that's enjoyable.

So, on to the next set. So easy, that maybe some people will be thrown by how obvious the answer is.

2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Next

Return to Jokes/Games