All The Same, One Different

Isn't it about time you relaxed and had some fun?
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 169.50
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:51 pm
Good one Fringedweller.

AS for the scoring I think it is 3 points for guessing what they all have in common and 1 point for guessing the odd one out and completing the set.

And the person who completes the set gets to go the next round.

Oh and btw you should not post your signature in the jokes thread ;-)
Cash on hand: 7,484.00
Bank: 547,683.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:48 pm
Ah thanks Admiral didn't realise, unticked the box now.

Fringedweller wrote:Thanks for the hint, Cellar Door. :mrgreen:

All three were at one stage or another olympic host cities, but Oslo only ever hosted the winter olympics, while Stockholm and Helsinki only ever hosted the summer olympics.

Ah correct, nice one FD. So two more points, in addition to the one earned before, for FD:

Leaderboard
CTUAffillate - 2
Fringedweller - 7
Cellar Door - 2
The_Admiral - 2
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,839.40
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:55 pm
The_Admiral wrote:AS for the scoring I think it is 3 points for guessing what they all have in common and 1 point for guessing the odd one out and completing the set.
The easy part is to work out what the set has in common. That's not really worth three points in comparison to picking which the odd one out is, which would complete the set.

The_Admiral wrote:Oh and btw you should not post your signature in the jokes thread ;-)
Oh please don't pull rules out of your backside. Some thread titles do mention not to use sigs in posts, where it makes sense, but there is no mention of that for this section of the forum at all. In those threads posts are typically one-word replies, and sigs would overpower the posts themselves in them. This thread - as well as a number of other threads in this section of the forum - is not one of them.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (attrib.)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:08 am
lol I've posted with a sig, as default setting, so long I don't mind turning it off once in a while - I really should do more often, especially if it affects the forum's bandwidth, as it used to. My sig is a little outdated anyway - Your Sig Comp was a little while ago now Admiral, I could update it to some show I'm looking forward to, but then again I don't mind promoting your old thread for a while still - Sig Comp doesn't date that much and every comp's sig makes for a great gallery/archive of sigs. But back on topic - Yeah, I don't mind and appreciate the reminder, because as I said, I've been doing it so long, using one so long as default, I've just gotten used to it and hadn't noticed. ;)

Fringedweller wrote:
The_Admiral wrote:AS for the scoring I think it is 3 points for guessing what they all have in common and 1 point for guessing the odd one out and completing the set.
The easy part is to work out what the set has in common. That's not really worth three points in comparison to picking which the odd one out is, which would complete the set.

Hmm I'm starting to notice this too - So I may start working on having ones tougher to figure out what they have in common, just to make things interesting. I'm still thinking a point should be awarded for getting the former - as that's half of the problem and well, guessing what they have in common may 'not always' be so easy, for many. Maybe CTU can clarify for us?
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:09 pm
Next round:

George Orwell / Mark Twain / George Eliot / Voltaire

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (attrib.)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:12 pm
Fringedweller wrote:

The_Admiral wrote:Oh and btw you should not post your signature in the jokes thread ;-)
Oh please don't pull rules out of your backside. Some thread titles do mention not to use sigs in posts, where it makes sense, but there is no mention of that for this section of the forum at all. In those threads posts are typically one-word replies, and sigs would overpower the posts themselves in them. This thread - as well as a number of other threads in this section of the forum - is not one of them.

1. Sorry I just though that that was the scoring system from the initial posts. I stand corrected.

2. Sorry but in this respect you are wrong and I am not pulling rules out of my backside. If you look at the thread http://www.tvaus.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2992 you will note that it states

Please do not include signatures when you are posting in game threads. This is to keep the game flowing along nicely and quickly.

So, as you can see from the TVAus Guidelines we are not permitted to post our signatures in the games threads.

If there signatures appearing in the games thread that you can see you can report the post and the mods will deal with it.

Yes, there are times when I myself forget about the no signature in the games thread but when I remember I go back and delete the signature.

As for the next round

I think the in common is that they are all nom de plumes for authors

The odd one out being George Eliott as she is a female
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:09 pm
I stand corrected on the rules.

As for your reply to this round,

Leaderboard
Fringedweller - 7
The_Admiral - 4 <------------ Next Turn (Completed the set)
Cellar Door - 2
CTUAffillate - 2

:mrgreen:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:24 pm
Krona, Drachma, Latinum, Ariary
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:55 pm
The_Admiral wrote:Krona, Drachma, Latinum, Ariary

Currencies

Latinum is a currency from fiction, the currency of the Ferengi in Star Trek.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:29 pm
Cellar Door wrote:
The_Admiral wrote:Krona, Drachma, Latinum, Ariary

Currencies

Latinum is a currency from fiction, the currency of the Ferengi in Star Trek.

A tad too easy that one :)

Leaderboard
Fringedweller - 7
The_Admiral - 4
Cellar Door - 4<------------ Next Turn (Completed the set)
CTUAffillate - 2
PreviousNext

Return to Jokes/Games