Signature Competition #6 : The Winners

Isn't it about time you relaxed and had some fun?
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 167.00
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 pm

The 6th Signature Competition

The Final Round Theme : Signature Competition

Tradition dictates that the final round of the signature competition requires all contestants to design a Signature Competition Banner.

Well, it has been an interesting competition and herewith the final entries (bar one)

Spoiler: show
Contestant 1:

Okay, this was really hard concept wise. I tried so many things that didn't work. I then go the idea of using the TVAus logo and building the sig around it. I then found an eye image and blended the two images to form the background. Then I struggled to keep the palette, while still being able to see all the elements. I used a web program called Flaming text to create the Signature Competition and the 7 elements and blended these into the overall background. I know they are not as obvious as you would expect, but i felt that it looked right and I like the idea that you need to look more in-depth to see the topic of the sig. You probably disagree but meh...i stand by it (unless of course i change my mind later! ). I then found the laptop and added it to the mix. lastly is used the editing tools in photobucket to play around with the border and used a grain overlay to tie it all in together. It is not as in your face as others will be I am sure. But the colour palette is light and breezy and i think it is different from the in your face logo's that have won in previous years. Thanks

Contestant 2:

Bucket filled a pattern as the back drop. Added a border. Title is two layers, with the under layer as a drop shadow. I sought out and added the previous Sig Comp banners to acknowledge the previous comps leading up. The original Sig Comp, '#1,' had no themed sig. I filled a faintly opaque layer over all the banner images and associated number titles. I had no #6 for the current banner as the '6' in the sig itself is clear and it intentionally sits alongside the title's own '#7' in sequence. Some may guess I didn't spend so much time on this Sig, but was short for time and the time I did have short on ideas tbh. Good luck to all my fellow contestants, I look forward to what they produce!

Contestant 3:

Final round!! I had a thousand ideas for this round & it took me till near the end to actually decide what to do!

I thought I'd actually have a theme/style rather than just a plainish look. Looking back over the whole competition I thought of the main key in creating sigs that everyone had to do...that was to unlock our artistic & creative ideas,use our skills,imagination,be inspired, so we all could design a sig in relation to the round topics. All this comes under the artistic banner...so hence the design.

I started with a plain black background. A medieval door for the image,edge feathered & pasted as a new layer with a blend mode back so slightly transparent. I used "Morpheus" font for its Medieval style, with a gradient shadow from deep orange to nearly a white. I gave it a slight ageing effect to keep in style of the whole sig. I thought of the tag line (as was intended) "unlock the door to your inner artist" which is in 'Black Chancery' font, which is also a medieval sort of style text. The door represents the entry into our artistic mind & capabilities....we have all had to unlock our artistic capabilities this competition....it certainly wont be any different for the next

Contestant 4:

First I collected all submitted signatures from the previous rounds. Then I blended each Round's signatures together using various filters into one image [resizing where needed]; seven in total. And then blended the seven new Round images together using the overlay filter to create this very busy piece of strange artwork. As it resulted in a lighter, whiter, image, I darkened the new background and gave it a blue tinge. The font is called "Ruthless Wreckin Two", and it was given the 'Groovy' effect - transparency with a dark outline and white glow.

This signature shows, in the simplest of ways, that the Signature Competition is about style, colour, and chaos. Being able to manage all three will help get you near the top of the leaderboard.

Contestant 5:

Failed to submit and will receive a penalty score as per the rules.

A PM has now been sent to the judges (including the guest judge).

I will post the results of Round 7 and the final round as soon as I have the final scores/comments from the judges.

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
Cash on hand: 30,560.00
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:13 pm
Gah! I knew this was going to the toughest round to judge. All so different ... well done everyone! :)
Cash on hand: 7,484.00
Bank: 547,683.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:44 am
Wow awesome! Real shame one couldn't submit for the end, but none the less great sigs to top off this great comp!
TVAus Signature Competition #6 - FINAL ROUND (Sig Comp #7 Sig) Sigs now in thread - Come check them out and feel free to comment!
Cash on hand: 167.00
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:12 am
Cellar Door wrote:Wow awesome! Real shame one couldn't submit for the end, but none the less great sigs to top off this great comp!

If I could score the signatures, which I cannot, there is one from the final round that is my overall favourite. But having said that all of the contestants have submitted great entries and I can see the judges will have a tough time with this round.

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
News Anchor
Cash on hand: 2,310.00
Bank: 7,160.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:42 pm
Sorry - have been really busy and was only able to get on fully today, so was unable to create or submit anything. They all look great and look forward to see who wins :)
Hollywood Supporting Cast
Cash on hand: 27.50
Bank: 1,268,838.00
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:08 pm
Will be an interesting finish for sure Well done everybody in the comp and a big thank you to The_Admiral for taking the time out to organize this comp ounce again. Thanks to the Judges for putting the time into the comp as well. Win lose or draw you can count me in for the next comp when it kicks off.
Cash on hand: 12,680.00
Bank: 975,954.30
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:01 pm
I can't believe we made it. Interesting bunch of final sigs. Apart from mine ( ;) ) there is one personal fave of mine, but the others are really good as well. I am interested to find out the judges critiques of the final sigs as it was a hard round to do with basically no subject matter to draw on. Good luck to all!!!!!!!!
Cash on hand: 13,650.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:14 pm
What a great bunch of sigs.
I've just strted to judge but I think I'm going to drop out before I get it in as I've got very limited daily connection.

EDIT - Talk about where there's a will there's a way. I disconnected with the siggies all up and then made my comments on sticky notes, and them reconnected and copied and pasted them O<>
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 1,729,186.60
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:16 am
What a way to finish off this years comp with 4 great sigs!! :shock:

Shame about contestant #5 but good effort all the same. Looking forward to who wins!
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:33 pm
Sorry about the hold up guys, my Nan was rushed to hospital earlier in the week and been there quite a bit. Doing the scoring now. ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Jokes/Games