The Final Fantasy Series

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Home and Away Star
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:05 pm
I'm going to buy it at some stage. I'm only just starting to get into RPGs so I think I'll enjoy this.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,840.30
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:44 am
^ Do It Baltorix, Easily one of he Best RPG series ever and some great storylines, I've been a massive fan ever since I discovered FF10 back in 2004. :wink:

And tiptop/mods.... MERGE ALERT!!!!! Haha. :lol:

My Thread: http://www.tvaus.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=22795

I kept forgetting to update that we now have a release date. 3 Years since FF12 came out here. :D

Definitely Looking forward to it, although got to finally get around to getting a PS3 first. :wink: :D

Also I dont think I Posted it here but for the english version the Ending Song is Leona Lewis' 'My Hands' apparently.

Should Be Awesome! :D

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 520,167.00
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:00 am
Might check it out, i'm not a huge FF fan, but like some elements of it.

Enjoyed FF VII and associated properties (the original game - which i recently downloaded from the psn for my ps3 :D, Advent Children etc). I tried getting into FF X, didn't actually finish it though (boo hiss).

Never played XII :(
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 840.50
Bank: 335,882.00
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:01 pm
I am the same, i got into FF after X, and loved it ever since, XII im not a fan of though, but i can't wait for this!
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 840.50
Bank: 335,882.00
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:05 pm
6 sleeps to go everyone!

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:11 pm
Has anyone bought this yet, and any first impressions?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:02 pm
Im Itching.. Im Probably gonna have to wait till my BDay (April 27) to get both PS3 and the Game.

Have been meaning to change my Av or sig lately to celebrate the release, will have to get around to it.

In the meantime, Thankfully there wasnt as much Delay with this game, Wonder whats happening with the 2 Side project games coming with XIII... :thinking: :D

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 520,167.00
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:48 pm
I've been tempted, everything IS pointing in the right direction - except i havn't found a copy to suit me.

I can readily buy it on the Xbox 360, there have been plenty of copies around for that platform (especially Target & K-Mart where it is $84 - $82 respectively). It would have been a no brainer, buying the game for that price (as it retails for $119.95), however i want to play it on the ps3.... before entertaining the thought of playing the Xbox 360 version.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:21 pm
Apparently the XBox Version isnt in HD, so A Lot of people are opting for the PS3 Version on that aspect alone. :D
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:29 pm
just another reminder mods can we merge these two topics please?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=22795&p=970399&sid=327b1684f807ea819eddc095ae9b159e#p970399

Anyway, Got around to getting a PS3 and the game for my Birthday last month and am steadily making my way through the beginning of the game.

Without spoiling anything storyline-wise, As far as first impressions of whats changed, whats updated with 13, Can I just say, Prepare yourselves for a Looooong introduction segment. Basically the storyline starts In Medias Res and unlike the last couple of releases, there really isnt a breather moment while you get yourself acquainted with the new systems and explore a town or whathaveyou, and it shows no signs of letting up as yet. (I'm just past that long first Intro bit).

Basically for us FF Veterans that first bit will seem pretty monotonous (the only battle options you have at this point are relentless attacking and potions more or less) with some basic tutorials along the way (for benefit of first timers I guess) then its only after all that you can get stuck into more battle options and the world of customisation starts to opens up, which Is the part I was really looking forward to.

The battle system itself does take a bit of getting used to, I for one am not so joyous at the fact it seems now you only control your party leader's actions, and your team mates will choose for themselves according to the 'Paradigm' system youre currently on, which you can change in battle. I suppose the pros are it saves some time, such as quick shifting to a paradigm with a medic when youre in a pinch, you wont have to scramble to manually heal everybody all the time, but yeah, takes a bit of getting used to.

The other thing that's annoying is everyone else in the party can die and you can resurrect hem, but once you as the party leader are out, that's it, game over. at least you can restart from just before that battle though if youve forgotten to save, which is good.

The Crystarium Development system is great so far too. Very reminiscent of the Sphere Grid from 10, although its for all the different paradigm roles, and you wont run into the problem of running out of the proper 'sheres' to advance - it retains being operated by exp. points during battle, similar to 12's Licence Board. Aso great is that you dont have to continually switch through youre party dring battles so everyone gains points... it seems so far to be accross the board, every battle.

So yeah, just a few points, enjoying it so far, might update with some stuff in spoiler tags later on as I play through (might tag them as chapters thanks to that interesting new aspect as well!)

:D
PreviousNext

Return to Gaming