The Final Fantasy Series

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,840.30
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:29 pm
[quote:1fb2540750="CoffeePot"]The graphics look absolutely awesome... let alone what the gameplay will most likely be like. :P[/quote:1fb2540750]

Yes, I Was a Bit Surprised Actually by the Amount of Work they put Into some of the Graphics. I Went In Kindof Expecting What I Saw In FF10 & X-2.. & the Ante Was Considerably Upped In Parts I Must Say.

Thankyou,
CTUAffillate
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:13 pm
Ok, Ill Put A Few Updates On My Playthrough Here Under Spoiler Tags:
Where Im Up To Now: (Spoilers To [b:d2942dd2dd][i:d2942dd2dd]Lhusa Mines[/i:d2942dd2dd][/b:d2942dd2dd] Area)
[spoiler:d2942dd2dd]Learnt The 'Gambit' Feature. Its Pretyy Good, Basically You can Mould Diiferent Ways Your Ally's Automatically Fight & Assist You In Battle. You Can get Extra Slots For It, But IMO you only Really Need 4 or so Slots; Your Ally's Will Be Casting Too Much In the Priority List Otherwise.

I'm Loving The Maps Feature. I've Saved up some Gil & Those Moogles From The Cartographer's Guild you meet every now & then Who Sell you some Maps Are Very Handy for taking a Sneak peek @ the Gist of Some Areas Before you Explore Them.

Off to Find Penelo Now in the Lhusa Mines Area.[/spoiler:d2942dd2dd]

Thankyou,
CTUAffillate
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:25 pm
Time For Another Update On My Playthrough:
(Coffeepot Where Are You Up To?)
Spoilers To [b:dff279a00c][i:dff279a00c]Ogir-Yensa Sandsea [/i:dff279a00c][/b:dff279a00c]Area:
[spoiler:dff279a00c]All My Characters Are Lv 14 Now Except Basch. This Is A Really Good Place to Level up a bit Though, Because The Enemies Are Pretty Exp Loaded, & You Have Vossler With you (He's Lv17 On My Game) To Help Out If Theres A Lot of Enemies.

I Had to Level Up a bit on the Dreadnought Leviathan, Because When The Alarms Go Off After you Get Ashe & Penelo, The Groups of 7-8 Guards at once Can overpower you Pretty Easily when your characters are all Lv 10-11, & Vossler Left the Party, so it made it Harder.

So I Found a Corridor that the Guards Came to only 1 or 2 At a time, & Levelled up a bit there Till The Majority of my characters where Lv 12-13. (Didnt Take me too long, the Guards Kept coming in a steady stream.)

Then I Took on the Boss Judge Ghis Pretty Easily From there.

Now Im In this Sandsea Area, & Learnt My First 'Quickening' & 'Mist' Attack on the Licence Board. This Is Pretty Much the Equivalent of the Overdrive In FF10. When your MP is Maxed out, You Can Activate your Mist Attacks for a Massive Attack.

Well, Off to Play Some More Now!![/spoiler:dff279a00c]

Thankyou,
CTUAffillate
pixel wrangler
Cash on hand: 3,193.50
Bank: 0.00
Mood: studious
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:20 pm
[quote:dc8fe61d14="CTUAffillate"]Time For Another Update On My Playthrough:
(Coffeepot Where Are You Up To?) [/quote:dc8fe61d14]
Hi CTU....
I've got as far as watching the intro.... :oops:

My plans for cracking open this game have been put on hold for a few days.... it's killing me too.

I haven't dared touch your spoilers .... but from the amount of posts you've made, I'm guessing you've got stuck into the game ;)

Will keep you informed ... :shifty:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:51 am
[quote:370397972a="CoffeePot"][quote:370397972a="CTUAffillate"]Time For Another Update On My Playthrough:
(Coffeepot Where Are You Up To?) [/quote:370397972a]
Hi CTU....
I've got as far as watching the intro.... :oops:

My plans for cracking open this game have been put on hold for a few days.... it's killing me too.

I haven't dared touch your spoilers .... but from the amount of posts you've made, I'm guessing you've got stuck into the game ;)

Will keep you informed ... :shifty:[/quote:370397972a]

Yes.. Do So, thanks for posting anyway, It was getting a bit Lonely in Here, FF-Twelving all by myself.. Haha.

Next Update: Spoilers To: [b:370397972a][i:370397972a]Rabanastre After Raithwall's Tomb Mission[/i:370397972a][/b:370397972a]
[spoiler:370397972a]
Well Im Now back In Rabanastre, After the Mission to Raithwall's Tomb.

When I Left off last update I Had just Entered the Second bit of the sandsea. Theres a big Turtle-Like Monster you can defeat & one of the sandy-things grows a Flower Apparently the Boss Guarding the Tomb, Garuda, Dosent Like. It didn't help me much, So I Found a strategy anyway that was Kinda Cheap, but did the Job, I Put Vaan, Ashe & Basch on Gambit Mode & Darked It to Death. Haha.

Inside The Tomb, Was a good place to Level up. the First Demon Wall is hard to Defeat, I think you get an extra weapon if you do, but I Passed & defeated the Second using some Quickening Attacks (By the Time I Left the Tomb, all 6 of my characters had Learnt Their First Quickening Attack)

At the End of the Tomb Is your First Esper Battle, Belias. He's Quite Challenging, & It Took some levelling up (All my Characters on Lv16) & Some Well Placed Quickening Chains to Bring him down. He Appears on the Licence Board Ready to be Assigned to one character Afterwards, Havent Chosen Mine yet.

After that, youre Treated to a Massive Cutscene & A Battle With Vossler on the Dreadnought Leviathan. he was kindof challenging. after that Theres Another Long FMV/Cutscene Where the Leviathan Blows Up & you return to Rabanastre.

Right now, before I Head off Through the Giza Plains, some of the Enemies there are a Level or two on average above me again, the bars been upped a bit, so Im Doing some of the Side-Quests like the Hunts & Some levelling up & Equipment Upgrading before I Leave Rabanastre. [/spoiler:370397972a]

Thankyou,
CTUAffillate
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:31 pm
Ok..... It Still may be a While off yet But I Thought I'd start the topic as More Info starts to roll in.

Apparently This Volume of One of my All-Time Favorite Game Series will be split into 3: the Main Game, with 2 complimentary Spin-offs.

The Main character this Time is a Female named 'Lightning', Making Her only the Second Principle Female Lead to X/X-2's Yuna.

There's a lot more Info on the Wikipedia Page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_13

But It looks to be more of a Futuristic/City/Military type plot/World as opposed to having Medieval/Regal type cities/Deserts Etc. type stylings like the last couple of titles Have.

It sounds very similar to FF8 IMO just from a quick read of the article.

I'm Excited, Although I'll Need to Get a PS3 First, This will be the First FF Title on the PS3.

Any Other TVAuser's who are Fans of the FF Series? :)
Last edited by CTUAffillate on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,479.50
Bank: 20,967.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:15 pm
I'm a fan of the series as well though I think it's had a lot of ups and downs, though I haven't played every game in the series as of yet. I thought the most recent game, XII was a reasonable game but the storyline could have been a lot better than it was. Remember also CTU that it will be coming out on the XBox 360, the PS3 exclusivity only extends to Japan, with the rest of the world getting the 360 version as well ;) I'll have to wait and see more information about it before I can get a good feel of whether I should be looking forward to it or not :P
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:24 pm
I Actually thought FF12 was a massive step up in terms of the Battle System and The Time it took to play through. FF10 Took me about 2 1/2 Months to finish the Main Storyline and It also was very Linear and in a kind of way cramped in regards to the World map.

EDIT: I agree with you on the storyline a bit. Halfway through it goty a bit hard to follow with all the 'Nethicite This, and Dynast King that' Talk. Haha.

Whereas with 12, I Got the game in March '07 and on/off playing It took me Till December to Finish the Main Storyline, and that was WITH the Official Guide when I got stuck.

Interesting theyre expanding to the 360 with this release.

Can't wait. Hopefully we don't get the endless delays like what happened with 12.

Should Be Great! :)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:58 pm
Just an update on whats happening with the Release Date, although with the talk about 'Fiscal year' I'm getting a little bit reminded to 12's seemingly endless delays. Hopfully they stick to their dates this time. and mind you this is just for the 'main' title - wonder how long between its going to be for the other 2 complimentary games to come out after that. :thinking: :D

From Wikipedia:
[quote:1d59cba13f]
The official Japanese website has recently (as of late April 2009) been updated to include mention of a broad "Winter 2009" release window for Japan.[51] However, when speaking to Japanese press, Square Enix claimed the game might not even come out in this fiscal year.[52]

Speaking at a Dissidia: Final Fantasy-related press event in London, producer Yoshinori Kitase stated that the team was aiming to cut down the time it takes for localization. Suggesting a European release "before winter 2010", he mentioned that localization was underway with some translation and voicework already completed.[53] At the same time, it was denied there were any current plans for a Western release of the trial version.[54]

Giant advertisements of Final Fantasy XIII appeared on the cross-street of Olympic Blvd. and Figueroa Street in the city of Los Angeles on May 23, 2009. These consisted of three huge billboards, showing the three lead characters of the game: Vanille, Snow, and Lightning, confirming the release date of the North American version of Final Fantasy XIII to be in 2010 on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.[55][56]

During Microsoft's E3 2009 conference, it was announced that Final Fantasy XIII was to be released "Spring 2010"[57] worldwide and for both consoles[58] (except Japan) and that a concrete date has not been determined yet. [/quote:1d59cba13f]

Some Trailers to whet your appetite: some of these have been out a fair while already:

2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AU6ulk9yNo

2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDjkGUM7skk (This ones got AMAZING Quality..... anyone know any Japanese?)

Will see if I can find some more info on whats happening with the [b:1d59cba13f]Versus[/b:1d59cba13f] and [b:1d59cba13f]Agito[/b:1d59cba13f] games later. :D

[/quote]
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 840.50
Bank: 406,417.00
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:37 pm
The 13th edition to the Final Fantasy series will be released in North American, Europe, Australia on March 9 this year.

It has been out in Japan for a few months now I believe, anyone else pre ordered it or waiting for it to come out??

I pre-ordered the collectors edition the other week, even if it doesn't have that much extra but posters i thought, stuff it it'll be close to my birthday and treating myself isn't that bad.
PreviousNext

Return to Gaming