Xbox 360

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 135.00
Bank: 1,877,229.20
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:33 am
I like the new update, despite what people say. It looks refreshing and seems a lot quicker than the old one.
Enjoy a challenge, visit the following thread and see if you can join the High IQ Society
Cash on hand: 90.00
Bank: 2,238,962.90
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:35 am
Just thought I'd ask a quick questioon here as some of you may know a way around it but I'm having trouble finding out how to do this...

How can I cancel an account for Final Fantasy XI so I'm no longer billed? I want to cancel my credit card but (I'm assuming) I can't do anything about that until I can get this payment to stop. I've been hunting everywhere on the net for a way to do this and all I could come up with was this. Both methods mentioned at the link involve logging into the PlayOnline Viewer, which is currently not showing up on my 360 anywhere. I may've accidentally deleted it at some point but can't remember. Does anyone here know any other way to cancel an account for this game?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:06 am
I'm not sure about cancelling an FFXI account but I'm quite sure you can cancel your credit card anytime you want, however I'm not sure what contract you have with FFXI which may have "locked you in" for a time period which would mean you'd have to pay that out? If there is no time period, then cancel your credit card and FFXI will no doubt cancel on its own.
Enjoy a challenge, visit the following thread and see if you can join the High IQ Society
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:28 pm
not sure if you guys are aware of this but now on Xbox 360 you can watch Live Foxtel!!

I don't have Foxtel so I thought I'd try it out, well at least till Ch Eleven starts. I couldn't believe it when I found out, Foxtel..... on 360.... Madness!! its already got streaming/downloading movies on it but to have Foxtel on it is insane. there are different packages to choose from but I just chose the 'starter' package at $19.50, not sure if its a good deal but it has TV1 and FOX8 on it as well as others. but you can also change the video quality, I changed it to Medium as it'll probably eat up your download limits.

check it out here - http://www.foxtel.com.au/xbox/default.htm

its quite handy if you can't be bothered getting Foxtel but wanna test it out first.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:58 am
How long do you have to sign up for?
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:26 pm
that wasn't clear when I signed up but most likely a month, but if its more Im sure you can cancel it.

let me know here if you find out.
TV Watcher
Cash on hand: 52.50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:50 pm
krush233 wrote:Got my XBOX360 back on Friday..... making it an 8 day turn around. Very reasonable in my eyes. Still don't believe I should of had to pay for it to be fixed - but at least it is for Christmas - and best of all - seems to be working the best it ever has!!! No glitches, disk errors, or start up issues....

I now have a fresh 12 month warranty.... here's hoping I don't need to use it......

On a more positive note, the dashboard update looks great.... but very different.... :)

For Christmas I got Fable II, Lost The Game and The Club and today I picked up Dead Space, Mirrors Edge and F.E.A.R.
I have a lot of gaming to keep me busy.
Last edited by Sloaney on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links in post removed as per the Site Guidelines (ie. not allowed to post external links advertising stuff)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:32 am
I want Fable III. I still haven't finished Fable II though (not completely) I kindof got bored with it after finishing the story.
Previous

Return to Gaming