Xbox One

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:44 pm
yep, no longer called 720 or Infinity (better names) but going back to the beginning with.. One :shock: :? :roll:

I don't care if its an all in 'one' machine, ya gotta be more creative then that!!

and my god, what a beast. I guess you gotta have a brink to fit all that technology in.

thoughts?
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:08 pm
just watched this vid, they are making it easier to use and more interactive.

you pretty much only need the controller for the gaming side of things.

but that's the thing I hate, gaming consoles are meant to be for gaming, not watching TV and such.

all this new Tech isn't making me wanna get one, Im fine using 360 and my controller thanks.

I'm betting it'll be real expensive too.
Cash on hand: 9,417.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:22 pm
I noted that existing X Box games won't work on this new thingy (as you can tell I'm not up with gaming stuff lol) so I guess everyone will have to buy new games....#cynicalmarketingploy :roll:
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:15 pm
Microsoft really crap the bed with this one. No used games (or you pay a fee, lovely). Must log into the Internet once every 24 hours or I think your games stop working. I can't imagine buying the console, buying the games and then needing to activate the games on the Internet because they would stop working. I'd hate to go on holiday or get sick.

Microsoft's executives answer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC8FbgGnd0

Way to alienate your consumers.

The only thing Playstation fans don't like is now a service called Playstation Plus is mandatory for online gaming. It's a $50 a year service much like Xbox own service "Gold", which you need for online gaming, on the PS4. One thing Plus offers now and in the future on PS4 is free games every month. I've recently downloaded for free Borderlands, Hitman Absolution, Sleeping Dogs, Kingdoms of Amalur for one $50 free. I will happily spend it next generation because Plus will cover PS3, Vita and PS4.

A PS4 launch title titled Drive Club is confirmed to be free on the PS4 when it launches, through Plus. So the fee for the first year will already be paid for on day 1.

I liked the competitive Playstation vs Xbox banter throughout the years, but I can say with certainty that Xbox have nothing on Playstation now. Still a good system no doubt, but wow. Microsofts new policies are criminal.

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:23 pm
This could be the biggest backtrack in gaming history: Microsoft will reverse course on their DRM policies for Xbox One, dropping their 24-hour Internet check-in requirement and all restrictions on used games.

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing ... -514390310

The One is already in place, so why doesn't Microsoft rename the console Xbox 180?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:21 pm
I bought a used Xbox One today, even though I'm sure they'll release a slim model at some point.

I'm happy with my 360 but they have released games exclusive to the Xbox One and PS4.

so I'll still buy games if they are on the 360 but buy the ones that haven't been released on Xbox 360.

I got 3 games: Shadow Warrior, Dead Rising 3 and Wolfenstein: Old Blood.

I plan on getting GTA V just for the first person mode.

haven't hooked it up yet, who ones one. what do you think about it?

Return to Gaming