Playstation 4 (PS4)

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!

Survivor Contestant
Cash on hand: 232.50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:48 am
So the PS4 was announced yesterday. What does everyone think? Although the console itself and pricing wasnt released, the controller was as well as details about the hardware. Im glad they are calling it the PS4 and not orbis and I like the look of the controller, it looks like a nice fit and continues the evolution of the PS controller. Hardware sounds impressive and the things that you can do with it. I dont like that there is no backwards compatibility and that they will probably charge for Gaikai (a streaming service), Ive spent thousands of dollars on PS3 games and my PS3 will not last forever (lets face it, Sony is no Nintendo!), so I will have these useless discs lying around. Sounds like its easier to develop for so hopefully we wont get the problems that faced the PS3 throughout most of its life. A new Killzone and infamous games were announced and although this is only early days and the first few years of a new consoles life is when developers get used to the new hardware, I thought that the graphics didnt look really "next gen". I remember when videos for PS3 games when it was announced and the graphics blew me away.

Anyways, what does everyone else think? It will be out before Christmas probably and shouldnt cost more than the PS3 did. I am generally happy with it and look forward to E3 where the actual console and pricing should be announced.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 1,729,186.60
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:01 am
Even though Sony were teasing us with the controller, specs and demos I am pleasantly relieved that the PS4 can bounce back and be the best console for next gen.

The controller is great imo because it keeps the original design but with much needed ergonomic and technical improvements that bring it up to date and hopefully will be a joy to use. The specs of the PS4 are a godsend because its generally a highly customized gaming PC, this will bring quicker and cheaper development times due to the fact that the tools have been readily available for ages. Basically what I'm happy about is less ports and more native PC games that can support games like Farcry & Crysis in all their graphical glory. And the next GTA will be available for PC which will be good.

I can't say much about the demos because they are pre rendered so that's a no go. Better to wait for E3 but so far I am happy and looking forward to ditching my Xbox360. 8-)

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:24 pm
I hope the facebook and social stuff is optional. The play as you download (have I got that right?) stuff is a cool feature.

Once games start coming out on PS4 only, I will buy the new console. If all sequels I want to buy are PS3/4 games, I won't buy the PS4, until I have no choice but to buy one.

Super-Blur wrote:And the next GTA will be available for PC which will be good.

I don't think it's been announced for the PC, but I'm guessing that's coming.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 1,729,186.60
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:35 pm
Supernatural-Fan wrote:
Super-Blur wrote:And the next GTA will be available for PC which will be good.

I don't think it's been announced for the PC, but I'm guessing that's coming.

My mistake, what I was meaning to say is that when they start making GTA 6 (not the current one) it will be easier to release the game natively on both platforms without any need for ports that take forever after launch like GTA 4.

For example Red Dead Redemption never got a PC release because Rockstar only developed for the 360/PS3. They would have to port the game over to PC but that would require coding the game all over again. I'm glad that's not the case for much longer.
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:00 pm
I finally got the PS4 at the midnight launch and its awesome!! Very happy with the purchase. I just needs good games for it! ;-)
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]

Return to Gaming