Uncharted Series

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:38 pm
Has anyone played these games? Of course I am talking about Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves.

Personally I think they're both fantastic games with Among Thieves being my personal favourite. I've been hearing that perhaps part 3 might get revealed this month and I hope so. :D

Also, I couldn't find a topic for these games but if there is one mods please merge! :)
Cash on hand: 17,128.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:17 pm
haven't played them personally but watched a friend play them.
it looked like a real good game with lots of fun and excellent graphics.

I don't have a ps3 anymore but if I get one again, I'd buy both games!!
pixel wrangler
Cash on hand: 3,193.50
Mood: studious
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:37 pm
Supernatural-Fan wrote:Has anyone played these games? Of course I am talking about Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves.

I know you already know SF ... but for this thread.... Yes :) I have :P

I've actually just recently downloaded the Soundtrack albums for both games, off iTunes. Absolutely worth it! 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:14 pm
^ :) How great are the graphics on this game? There is one level that I believe has the best graphics I've seen on a game,
Spoiler: show
Where Am I?

Cyborg, if you buy a PS3 again do yourself a favour and buy these games. You wont regret it. :)
pixel wrangler
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:21 am
Supernatural-Fan wrote:^ :) How great are the graphics on this game? There is one level that I believe has the best graphics I've seen on a game,
Where Am I?
\

Agreed :) In the village I constantly wandered over to the cliff-face to check out the view....
let alone what you see when you follow Tenzin to the ice caves :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:34 pm
Sony has unveiled a new Uncharted ahead of its big reveal at this weekend's VGA Awards, with first details confirming that Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception takes the wise-cracking hero to the deserts of the Arabian Peninsula.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1139326p1.html

:D
pixel wrangler
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:13 pm
Supernatural-Fan wrote:
Sony has unveiled a new Uncharted ahead of its big reveal at this weekend's VGA Awards, with first details confirming that Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception takes the wise-cracking hero to the deserts of the Arabian Peninsula.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1139326p1.html

:D

hey Supernatural-Fan.... ooX

been waiting for this news !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:08 pm
You and me both. :<

I'm guessing there'll be a release date when they reveal the game on the weekend. August/September/October is my guess.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:10 am
Next year’s already looking to have one of the strongest video game lineups in a long time. Sometimes great franchises converge on a single year, and 2011 looks to be an example of that. But for every sequel, new IP and downloadable game released in 2011, game developers will be looking over their shoulder. It was telling at last night’s VGA awards show that Naughty Dog had to constantly reiterate that their trailer for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception was in-engine footage. With so many CGI teasers out there, it’s easy to mistake Naughty Dog’s graphical prowess for pre-rendered footage.

Alas, Naughty Dog is unlike any developer, and Uncharted 3’s impending November 1st release date is surely going to snow-ball in hype over the next eleven or so months. The debut trailer is intriguing, but we’ll be getting even more exciting gameplay next week. Looks like the PlayStation 3’s finally found its mainstream hit. This folks, is going to be huge.

http://www.pushsquare.com/21536/unchart ... -1st-2011/

I cant wait. :<

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:14 pm
I've just encountered an annoying glitch on Uncharted 2... just as I'm starting the hard difficulty play through to get the trophy for it, too.

I'll get to the glitch, but I'll first explain that I deleted my save files and the Uncharted 2 files from the game data utility area. Before all that I tried to simply delete my save files, then doing a few more "new" games on more than one difficulty setting, without any luck. The glitch still appears even after I deleted every last shred of evidence that I even had Uncharted 2 on my console. I tried doing a new game without downloading the update for the online trophies and still no luck. So it's obviously not a corrupted file because I tried everything from deleting certain things to deleting everything. Worst part of all, I borrowed my friends copy and the glitch still shows up at the exact same point.

I'll show you guys the glitch - from 5:50 where Drake is out cold, he just lies there swinging his arm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbcvRuiy ... re=related

You can see on the comments that someone else has the same problem, but with mine it isn't my second play through. This would've been my 3rd or 4th and with no such problems. The glitch occurred after the 2nd cut scene, there is another one as you get off the dangling train so it's just in that area and isn't a problem with the cut scene as it's the 2nd one.

By doing all those deletions I lost all my in-game tweaks, weapons and trophy dollars. But I am not too bummed out about those as I have the trophies for those that matter on my trophy list, but now I just have to figure out what the problem is, I've pretty much determined it isn't a corrupted file and not a problem with the game disc. Has anyone had a game that has not frozen, mine isn't freezing, but has had a character not doing anything, and even a new disc doesn't fix the problem?

I hope I can find an Uncharted 2 save file with all the chapters unlocked on the net because at least then I can skip passed level 1.

Anyone care to check that part of the game to see if it's doing the same on your copy? It's pretty much 5 minutes into the game. Maybe it's a universal issue as I'm not the only person to have that occur. Hopefully this game can get updated fixing it, but how likely is that on a one and a half year old game, especially with part 3 coming out soon.
Next

Return to Gaming