Medal of Honor Series

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:59 am
I swear we had a MoH topic, but I checked all 6 pages and unless my eyes are deceiving me it looks like we don't. If they're deceiving me then hopefully a mod can move this thread. :)

Anyway, the new game is out mid-October. I was so close to either not buying it at all or waiting for reviews after it went on sale, but with the news that "Medal of Honor: Frontline" is remastered and in the Limited Edition (which Amazon.com are shipping here) it has turned me around on the game. That was my favourite MoH game so you can imagine my joy that I can play it again after all these years and since I'll have the new game too I'll give that a go.

Anyone else looking forward to the new game, or Frontline? :)
Last edited by Supernatural-Fan on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cash on hand: 135.00
Bank: 1,877,229.20
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:24 pm
I've always enjoyed the series. The single campaigns are always really interesting and varying.
Enjoy a challenge, visit the following thread and see if you can join the High IQ Society
Cash on hand: 17,395.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:57 pm
never really played the old series but played 'Airborne' and had such a hard time trying to finish it.

hopefully this will be better, looks like it will be.
Cash on hand: 7,595.60
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:31 pm
I loved playing the old ones on ps1 and ps2 and looking forward to the one coming out indeed. :D

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 629,402.00
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:31 pm
Have not played every game, i absolutely loved Allied Assault on pc and the expansion packs.
I did play Frontline on the ps2 (shared a few similarities with Allied Assault... including the same Omaha Beach mission) and also own Pacific Assault on pc (not as good as Allied Assault).

Allied Assault multiplayer was the best fun had many awesome games (i also preferred the AA Stalingrad map... compared to the Call of Duty design), as i understand it many (or most?) of those behind that game, went on to create Call of Duty.... and MOH wasn't the same franchise since then.

Looking forward to seeing how different the game is this time around

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:31 pm
Anyone bought the game yet? Mine shipped from Amazon.com this morning so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or its monday for me. I paid $80AUD online instead of the $90-100 some stores have it for so I am happy to wait.

I am thrilled to be able to play Frontline again and reading online it is an install straight from the game disc instead of a DLC via a code. The game is over 4GB to install, and since it isn't a DLC apparently the internet doesn't factor into it.

I'll play the new game since it is their but that wasn't why I bought the set. :lol:

Also, as a FYI there are two sets of platinum trophies. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:39 pm
I got the game today and indeed Frontline is an install from the disc. Pretty big though at 4444mb.

As soon as you put the disc in you'll see what looks like another game underneath where the game for MoH pops up in the XMB. Its listed under Medal of Honor Bonus Content and Frontline installs as soon as you click into it.

Its bringing back fond memories playing Frontline today. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:28 pm
I just finished the new game today. I really enjoyed it despite its negative reviews, IMO that was one of the best war games of recent years.

Whats not to like about killing endless enemies that come out of nowhere to the point where there are 50-100 on the screen? :lol: Also, most negative reviews state the game is short, quite the opposite actually! It might take 6-8 hours to complete which by today's standards of shooters is about right.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:55 am
got this a couple of weeks ago, just got around to play it.

just did the first mission, Im enjoying it so far. didn't really like having a team with me as I prefer to do things on my own but that was ok I guess. I love the guns I started with, I would blow of heads of corpses with my shotgun :twisted: one thing that I didn't realise until I bought it, its just called 'Medal of Honor'. why did they do that, sounds like its the first one... which it isn't. the previous one had a second title 'Airbourne' so I don't know why they didn't do that this time.

the first mission didn't take me too long which was just fine with me, I prefer shorter games.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:18 pm
Been playing almost every night, got through a few levels last night. they're short but not too long which I like. finished up to the Sniper level which is my favorite, love seeing their heads come off from a distance like that every now and then I'll whip out the hand gun and shoot a few people here and there.

this is so much better then Airbourne, and just calling it 'Medal of Honor' on its own looks like they kinda
wanna start the series from the start, if they release another game it'll probably have '2' in the title.
Next

Return to Gaming