God Of War Series

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,479.50
Bank: 20,967.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:05 pm
I'm making my way through this at the moment. I have to say that they've significantly upped the brutality of the previous games! I just shudder thinking about what I did to
Spoiler: show
Heracles'
face.

More commentary on it as I progress :)

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:23 pm
MACGYVER wrote:I'm making my way through this at the moment. I have to say that they've significantly upped the brutality of the previous games! I just shudder thinking about what I did to
Heracles'
face.

More commentary on it as I progress :)

:D Definitely. And extra kudos to you for
writing his name correctly, was a bit disappointed that they opted to go for "Hercules" which is the Roman spelling of his name. Good man. :D
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,479.50
Bank: 20,967.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:34 am
^ The weird thing is that I'm sure that Kratos actually pronounced his name in the proper Greek fashion but it wasn't likewise spelt that way.

Anyway, I just finished the game. Brutal, unrelenting stuff but the way it ended was in such a way that it could go either way in terms of any kind of sequel or just leaving it there. I'm sure there will be more God of War games but it's going to be several years before we see another.

The end credits were a sight in of themselves, especially seeing all of the voic cast laid out like that. I think I may have to replay it though to try and hear whatever line it was that Elijah Wood recorded for it!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:40 am
MACGYVER wrote:
The end credits were a sight in of themselves, especially seeing all of the voic cast laid out like that. I think I may have to replay it though to try and hear whatever line it was that Elijah Wood recorded for it!

So you stayed for the end of the credits too? Makes you wonder, but it was a great trilogy and they should keep it as a trilogy.
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 30.00
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:05 pm
Is it wrong that i have owned either a PS2 or a PS3 for at least 8 years and I have never played a God of War game? it is not that I have anything against the franchise but i have just always had other games I wanted first. I guess I will try one of them one day if I manage to get through the backlog of games I already have.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:10 pm
You should definitely get the games, you'll love them. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:33 am
Since yesterday I've been attempting to get the "Unhuman" trophy, which is complete the game on Titan mode and boy is it hard.

I just killed Cronus before calling it a night, and my time is at 6 hours, 58 minutes. My save on easy mode before the fight against Zeus was just over 5 hours, so you can see how you have to take it much more slowly.

Basically if your game autosaves before a boss battle and you're running low on health/magic you're screwed. :lol:

I must say Cronus was so easy to kill even on this difficulty, along with Hermes and Helios as you pretty much had to do nothing to kill them. But Poseidon, Hades and Hercules were freakin' hard.

I'm just counting my lucky stars that the trophy isn't to complete the game on Chaos mode. And after this I think I am going to do my playthroughs on easy and call it a day. No more Titan mode for me, too stressful. :lol:
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 30.00
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:17 am
I still haven't started this. I got it about 2 months ago but I have only put it in to get the patches up to date. I am still trying to clear the backlog of games I have already started so I can sell them off. So is this only a 5 hour game if I don't play on the hardest setting? Is it harder or easier than Dante's Inferno?
Previous

Return to Gaming