Call Of Duty Series

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Reality Show Contestant
Cash on hand: 157.50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:54 am
LOVE COD! Treyarch have really taken a massive leap forward with Black Ops. Every player has a different experience depending on their skill level, and I like that. "Five" scared me quite a bit though.... my first time was a bit like these guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEDGzCky1XU
:o :o :o :shock: :o
Last edited by Nicster on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:02 pm
Yeah, Black Ops was great! I got a bit bored of war games in the recent past but I bought Medal of Honor because of Frontline, and then decided to buy Black Ops and I loved every minute of it. So glad I ended up buying it. I feel there'll be another Modern Warfare next and then probably Black Ops 2.
Reality Show Contestant
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:14 am
Fan LEGO Black Ops video, totally AWESOME! O<> O<>

Cash on hand: 135.00
Bank: 1,877,229.20
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:42 pm
I bought Black-Ops after all the hype and I'm pretty disappointed. It's ok and all but it's nowhere near as good as Bad Company 2 in multiplayer.

The maps are tiny, the games are just non-stop shooting (barely any tactics) and I just feel a bit meh when playing it. Battlefield on the other hand is totally rewarding and the ability to jump in and out of tanks, choppers, bikes etc and work towards a team goal is just heaps better.

The classes aren't as good either and the ranking is way too fast. I like how you can set up your own kits though and buying stuff is cool. Decent game, just not what I hoped for.
Enjoy a challenge, visit the following thread and see if you can join the High IQ Society

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 629,402.00
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:30 pm
I only started playing it last weekend, and this was after i actually purchased it on launch day (so far behind!!).

I've spent more time in multiplayer than the single player campaign, kinda echoing the last COD game by Treyarch (World at War) where i didn't actually finish the game until a week before Modern Warfare 2's release (so basically just under 12 months after buying it). However i am not finding the game too difficult thus far - part of the reason why it took so long to beat WAW was due in part to 1) the insane difficulty.... even though i wasn't playing it on Veteran, i still found it hard. 2) Multiplayer/online was too tempting, a lot of the times that i'd go to play the campaign... i'd select the multiplayer option instead.

I suspect it will take awhile to finish Black Ops, i've tried beating the first level 3 times so far, but have been hit by a few glitches - forcing me to have to start from the beginning.

I get past the bit where you
Spoiler: show
take out Castro
, not long after that is where i experience the glitches that stop me from moving forward (sorry Julia Gillard!!!). The first instance, i rested beside a door that i didn't know one of the AI team mates was about to open... he opens it inward, and my character gets stuck. I couldn't even reload the checkpoint, as by the time i thought i'd give it a go, the previous check point had been erased and the new one was right at the point where i got stuck in between the door and the wall.

The second instance, was about 2 minutes after the door opening sequence, this time around i was dawdling around inside as the house was burning. I obviously missed the queue part where i should have been outside with the rest of the squad. Debris fell down as i was making my way outside, thus it blocked the door, there's no way i could continue on.... so i restarted the game again.... grrrrrrrrrrr.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:15 pm
lol @xfactor

I played the first level without too many problems on veteran (no glitches for me)
Enjoy a challenge, visit the following thread and see if you can join the High IQ Society

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 629,402.00
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:41 pm
I passed the first level :D, up to Crash Site (the one where you control a boat).

It has been pretty good thus far, but my patience with FPS games has dropped. I still play multiplayer as often as i can, but my annoyance is with single player modes in most games (well this year being Bad Company 2 and now with Black Ops). I find myself being interested for 20 minutes, then just charging along until i hopefully finish the level.

Sometimes i'll save and quit midway through, most of the time i'll at least try to make it to the end of the level, then start the next level after i've had a break. Other times i'll play for a fair while, do one level... make some progress on the next, before quitting. It is a good process as i feel a little more accomplished - the next time i'll load it up, i'll finish the level within 5-10 minutes :P, then make some progress on the next.

I've noticed the early levels can take 10-20 minutes, as the levels go on, they get longer and longer and longer. One of the last missions i did took 40+ minutes (i did die a few times so thats a contributing factor).
Cash on hand: 17,270.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:37 am
I had been playing Black Ops over the past few weeks. good game, very violent with a variety of different levels. although some of the levels were a bit 'rush, rush' for me and I just wanted to enjoy it and take it all in, plus like Medal of Honor you had a team with you and I prefer to do my own thing. some pretty good weapons in this, some of the bigger ones would take chucks out of people which was cool. it was interesting how you would play different characters and you would see the same thing twice like different points of views. I noticed Ice Cube was a voice in this, didn't notice other celebs. I ended up staying after the end credits to find a level at the white house with zombies, not sure if its in the menu but it was fun. all in all it was a pretty good game, real long too. I think I prefer this over Medal of Honor.

I haven't played COD 3 or 2 in ages, thought I'd give them a go again. I started COD 2 on Veteran but gave up about 2 levels to the end, will play after COD 3.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:58 am
I finished COD: Black Ops single player on Veteran about a week ago and boy am I glad that's over and done with. Too much random dying for my liking and really a lot of luck is involved as well as patience.

Good single player overall, they should really think about the need to make veteran so repetitiously hard.
Reality Show Contestant
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:00 am
I'm really enjoying the new maps. First Strike has really lifted the game. The pace is intense, especially in Stadium, each zone has been decentralised which really makes you work as a unit. ooX Ascension is really quite funny, I mean
Spoiler: show
monkeys
! LOLS.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming