Call Of Duty Series

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 16,788.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:31 pm
since [b:7f8be5ef74]Modern Warfare 2[/b:7f8be5ef74] is out this week, I thought I'd just create a thread for all of the Call Of Duty games. the first being only released on PC, the rest were released on Xbox 360 and PS3.

theres so far in order:

Call Of Duty + expansion packs
Call Of Duty 2
Call Of Duty 3
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call Of Duty: World At War
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I haven't played the series in a long time but will try to soon. but my favorite would have to be COD 4 and my least favorite would be COD 5, not because its not a good game, it is but its just so damn hard!!! grenades were everywhere, no cover system like COD 4 and non stop enemies, they just kept respawning over and over - its one of those games where you just have to keep moving to get a checkpoint at least cause the amount of times you can die in a level is crazy!! my favorite level in COD 4 is the 'Sniper' one! the graphics keep getting better and better though which is a plus!

any thoughts on the series guys? I plan on buying Modern Warfare 2 soon, will let you know how it is!

heres some trailers/game footage for it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWIJTydRLt8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8toHfZm6jNE

a picture of the collectors edition you can buy -

[img:7f8be5ef74]http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/4633/prestige.jpg[/img:7f8be5ef74]

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:39 am
Cant wait to receive my copy. I bought it from Amazon.com along with a DVD Set that *wont* be released in Australia for only $120AUD all up, the game here alone would cost in the region of $90-120 so I got a bargain. Ships tomorrow and should have it on friday with quickest shipping.

I love this series, my favourite was MW1, and 2 looks so much better so looking forward to it.

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 520,167.00
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:34 pm
I prefer Medal of Honor over the COD series, but do concede that the later MOH games have been pretty average in recent years.

I have a soft spot for the original COD, although i was not entirely into it (as i preferred MOH: Allied Assault at the time) but i used to play it against some friends on LAN quite a bit. ** It's downloadable to those who purchase the prestige or hardened versions of MW 2 (downloadable code is included for ps3/360 owners etc), not sure when it is released for download for general customers.

I thought Modern Warfare was great back in the day, campaign was good (especially the slow down special moments), online was also good.

I purchased WAW this time last year, funnily enough i only recently just finished the campaign :lol: :oops:. Whenever i loaded it on my console, i was always connected online... so i'd jump straight to multiplayer instead of finishing the solo campaign off. In saying that i found it annoying and a chore to do, wasn't even on the hardest difficulty and i struggled throughout.

Bit of useless trivia, i get motion sickness when playing COD 2 on the Xbox 360, however i don't suffer from motion sickness when playing the pc version.

I do intend on buying MW 2 at some stage, hopefully it hasn't sold out everywhere.
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 30.00
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:07 am
The Call Of Duty game I have played is World at War so I hve nothing else to compare it to. It took me a little while to get into it but once I did I was hooked. I completed the campaign on normal and then hardened. The veteran setting is like a completely different game. This was the only game I can remember that I stopped playing because I thought it was beyond my abilities. I am not talking about quitting because I was bored but I just couldn't progress any more. I completed 8 out of the 15 missions on veteran and proud I did that many.

I have Modern Warfare 2 put away as a chrissie present so I will compare the 2 then I guess.

Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:53 am
Veteran mode is insane in all COD games, i'm ashamed in saying i've never completed the game on veteran on any in the series.

The good news is that MW 2 apparantly has the easiest Veteran mode in all of the series. I don't want to spoil it (i'm yet to actually play veteran in it myself), but i've read that you don't die as much from invisible soldier gunfire, however you've still got to watch out for the grenades!! :P

Quite often in the previous COD games i'd die from bullets, where i couldn't see the direction they were coming from.... or if i knew the direction, i certainly couldn't see from a far distance away.
Emmy Nominee
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:16 am
Yes grenades were definately a problem in World at War Veteran because of my playing style. I prefer to stick in cover as much as possible but with a grenade lobbing every few seconds you have to keep leaving cover. This is usually when I would die.

I'd like it if it was a bit easier on vetaran for Modern Warfare 2 but not too easy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:49 am
I just checked the DHL site and my MW2 package is on its way to my house. :dance: The mission i am most looking forward to, having watched it on youtube is [spoiler:5c90c8e0be]The one in the airport where you have to gun down innocent civiliens. If nothing else because it is the first time its ever been done in a game.[/spoiler:5c90c8e0be]

Xfactor, you say you're ashamed that you havent completed any COD game on veteran? No worries, i have played war games for years having first played the Medal of Honour games which i consider a better series than CoD (Frontline, first PS2 MOH game, being my favourite) and i havent played any of them on the hardest level, i always go for the easiest. I'll play MW2 on easy and be content with that. :mrgreen: I am probably just an ametuer because even on easy i manage to die. :oops:

Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:42 pm
Haha, most of my friends play on veteran and only veteran. I gave it a go throughout many games in the series (2, 4: mw and waw) - i made steady progress in COD 2. But it gradually got too hard to progress, likewise with 4: MW, however i noticed that i was more likely to progress if i sprinted through most of the levels and hope that i didn't get killed in the process (it worked well with the levels that had relatively easy to get to checkpoints etc).

I recorded myself playing Veteran once, it was a solid 45 minutes of me dying non stop :D :P.
Emmy Nominee
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:12 pm
[quote:9fc7ef2c4e="Xfactor"] it was a solid 45 minutes of me dying non stop :D :P.[/quote:9fc7ef2c4e]

lol now you are bringing back memories. Once I spent what seemed like 30 minutes trying to advance about 20 mitres. In reality it was over an hour and a half. I eventually gave up on Burn' Em Out when I couldn't even reach the first mortar crew.

All this talk is bound to make me get it back out tonight to have another crack.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:13 pm
All finished. :D

The game was amazing, just about the same length as the first MW. The game is more condensed instead of wide open areas, so there really isnt alot where you can hide.

The ending was fantastic. I realised that Glenn Morshower (Aaron Pierce from 24) is one of the voices in the game. :D

Im guessing the next Call of Duty game will go back to World War 2 and then the one after that, Modern Warfare 3.
Next

Return to Gaming