Worst / Hardest / Most Controversial Games

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 713.70
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:44 pm
Hardest equals Gem Shop. How people get scores in the millions completely eludes me. My PB is 50 000, and that left me a quivering mess.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,590.00
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:39 pm
The Croc (Playstation and PC) games are deceptively difficult towards the end. Sure they look all cutesy but they're some of the hardest platform games I've played. Timing the jump, jumping correctly etc. It's not as easy as it looks.
Currently watching:
Kyle XY - Season 2, 30 Rock - Season 2, Vikings, Gankutsuou
Cash on hand: 135.00
Bank: 1,877,229.20
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:45 pm
Pimp My Ride is probably the worst game that I've actually finished. Terrible.
Enjoy a challenge, visit the following thread and see if you can join the High IQ Society
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,479.50
Bank: 20,967.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:51 pm
The absolute worst game that I have ever played was Godzilla on the GameBoy Color - it was short, the controls were unresponsive and the gameplay was extremely repetitive. The hardest game that I have ever played would have to be Battletoads - there is this one moment where you have to operate a hovercraft-like device whilst dodging obstacles and jumping gaps with increasing speed and to this day I have never been able to pass it though it has been many a year since I have played it. Anyone who has will probably know what I'm talking about and if you have managed to get past it then I salute you :)

EDIT: Reading over everyone again I see that PF mentioned it already - the version that I have played was on the NES but it seems the difficulty of that part lived on in the SNES version! It really is quite infamous amongst the gaming community :)
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:02 pm
One of the worst games I've played and actually finished would be Return to Zork.

First-person games (shooters or adventures...neither do anything for me) are not my thing, but I did kinda like the ability to kill random people even if it did mean game over.

"Want some rye? Course you do!" remains the most annoying line ever committed to a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHKKq7kMF8w

Cash on hand: 5,067.50
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:37 pm
For controversy I remember the [url=http://www.sega-16.com/feature_page.php?id=7&title=History%20of:%20The%20Splatterhouse%20Series]Splatterhouse series[/url] copped a bit of a flogging. As if [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnv10rccxmg]punching your enemies in half wasn't bad enough[/url], splattering them up against the wall with lead piping didn't go down at all well...

But I am sure game historians will find it hard to get past the notorious (and difficult to pull off) [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9e_w_CYrrk]finishing moves of Mortal Kombat[/url]. I remember being in the half of local buddies that had the SNES (the other half had the sega mega-drive) and it was constant war and point scoring over which was better.... I recall when I got Mortal Kombat for the SNES I remember the better graphics scored points but the mega-drive had all the blood flying with the hits (it was toned down to sweat with the SNES) and more finishing moves.

[img:a87bbd5979]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/elle-jay/angry.gif[/img:a87bbd5979] :lol:

[img:a87bbd5979]http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-games-021.gif[/img:a87bbd5979] FACE OFF! [img:a87bbd5979]http://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/mortal-kombat/www.MessenTools.com-games-mortal-kombat-005.gif[/img:a87bbd5979]
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 am
WET would be one of the hardest games I've played lately.

Im only playing it on Normal and have been trying to finish this for a few months now, I'll only play an hour every night or every few nights at least but surely I would be finished by now. if memory serves, no game has given me this much trouble in a while. most games like the Call of Duty's and many other shooters I play 1st or 3rd person I can finish pretty quick on Normal mode. so I don't know what the hell's my problem with not being able to finish the damn game, I blame the controls.

I have given up on the game, no game is worth wasting time if you end up doing the same areas in levels over and over, and over, and over and finally getting past the area on your 20th or even 30th try. one particular level really gave me the s**ts, in Wet theres a airplane level where you are falling from the sky from an exploded plane and you gave to make your way through the debree while falling, it was like a maze in the sky. I eventually got past it but theres another area Im stuck on and gave up on, the problem with the game too is you just die too quick and theres no health packs around so you health can be drained pretty quickly.

I moved on to Mirror's Edge which is kinda similar and some areas and controls take some getting used to but Im getting through it. 50 Cent was another game I played and also had some trouble with but got to the end eventually. as for the subject of the thread, I can't think of the worst games ever... Wet doesn't fall into that category as it can be a fun game but it just pisses me off!!

Mirror's Edge

once I was fed up with Wet I moved on to this one, which is similar. I should've known better, Im nearly finished and Im stuck on this area. the main objective of the game is to jump, climb, wall climb/walk to get to your desination as well as fight/shoot some baddies on the way. the shooting & fighting isn't so bad, its just the climbing and jumping that gets me furious. sometimes you don't know what your meant to do, so you would have to look at a youtube walkthrough to figure it out - but even that is a struggle! its a fun game but its hard for me because I would have to do the same parts over and over and I just couldn't take it. like 20 - 30 plus times, its not worth the time if a game makes you do that.

I only am in the middle to the second to last chapter but will go back to it another time.
Last edited by Cyborg on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cash on hand: 135.00
Bank: 1,877,229.20
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:25 pm
Good to know ... avoid wet!!
Enjoy a challenge, visit the following thread and see if you can join the High IQ Society
Previous

Return to Gaming