Gaming Talk & News - Consoles, Games, Online & More!

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 210.00
Bank: 2,466,924.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:00 pm
Goldeneye is the reason I still have my N64 :lol:

Will be looking forward to its release for Wii though :D

In other news, I'm heading down to buy a newly released copy of The Sims 3: Ambitions today :)
I'm gonna grab on to today, live every minute in the way, I know I should, Life is Good
Is the sweet, shy, quiet, innocent type. Hey! Stop laughing! You're blowing my cover!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 135.00
Bank: 1,877,229.20
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:29 pm
tania007 wrote:In other news, I'm heading down to buy a newly released copy of The Sims 3: Ambitions today :)

I saw that at EB Games yesterday and it looked pretty cool.
Enjoy a challenge, visit the following thread and see if you can join the High IQ Society
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:40 pm
The fine folks at Telltale Games responsible for Monkey Island 5, the Wallace and Gromit games and probably the best Sam and Max game, are going back to the 80's/90's for their next series'. That is, Back to The Future with Jurassic Park!

http://www.telltalegames.com/nbcuni

Hello folks! Well, it's already been mentioned by a few sources, so I guess it's high time that we confirm that yes, we are indeed working on two new episodic game series based on a couple of familiar (and excellent) films from the fine folks at NBC Universal.

The first of these—Back to the Future, based on the film trilogy of the same name—will be headed your way starting this winter, and will be followed up shortly by Jurassic Park.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-629

There's also a Dr.Who adventure game out there from the guy behind Broken Sword games and the remastered edition of Monkey Island 2 (with game designer commentary) is supposed to come out in the next month or two.

Mental. Mental I tells ya!
Cash on hand: 90.00
Bank: 2,238,962.90
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:56 am
Airlock Alpha wrote:Your First Look at the 'Battlestar Galactica' MMO

The world is bracing for a browser game based on the reimagined Syfy series

NBC Universal is not ready to release the new trailer for its "Battlestar Galactica" massive multiplayer online role playing game until next week, but MMORPG.com got a first look at the new trailer and is sharing it with gamers and science-fiction fans alike.
The game, which will be playable through a Web browser, is being developed by Bigpoint, is based on the Syfy reimagination of the series, not the original 1978 version, and features an epic battle between humans and Cylons.

The trailer is actually pretty cool ... unfortunately, it shows only a digital movie, and not any actual game play, so it's hard to get a handle of what this game will be like. And although the music is not Bear McCreary, at least as far as we can tell, it is Bear McCreary-inspired.

So take your first look at the new Battlestar Galactica Online below.

Cash on hand: 90.00
Bank: 2,238,962.90
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:21 am
I just finished watching a live stream of Nintendo's E3 2010 Press Conference! God I love modern technology :ugeek: :mrgreen:

Throughout the presentation they showed a number of new trailers, most of which I've found and posted below, the only one (from memory) I couldn't find was Disney's Epic Mickey (Wii).
The trailers include The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), GoldenEye (Wii Remake), Mario Sport Mix (Wii), Metroid: Other M (Wii), Donkey Kong Country Returns - Developed by Retro Studios (Wii), Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii), Wii Party, Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light (DS), Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS) and Kid Icarus Uprising (3DS). They're also making Nintendogs & Cats for the 3DS.

The conference also showed the unveiling of the Nintendo 3DS, which looks sensational.

They described the 3DS as follows:
    • It has 2 screens, 1 is a touch screen, the other a 3D screen
    • It has 2 external camers which can be used to take 3D photos
    • It can play 3D Hollywood movies
    • It has a motion sensor (by moving the 3DS you need to view it differently, the device knows this as judges accordingly), as well as what they called a gyro-sensor
    • It can communicate with other devices automatically at any time (including while it's in sleep mode)
    • It can automatically download content and updates from the internet at any time, even while playing another game
    • Internet use has no monthly fee!
    They also mentioned a number of developers looking to develop games for the 3DS such as
    • Activision
    • Square Enix
    • THQ
    • EA
    • Capcom - An all new Resident Evil game
    • Konami - Metal Gear Solid
    • ...and a lot more
They then showed a 3DS teaser trailer which showed such familiar characters as Mario, Donkey Kong, Link (Zelda) and Star Fox and finished the conference with a playable version of Zelda: Skyward Sword and a stack of 3DS's for the audience to interact with.

The trailers they showed are below... Enjoy! 8-)

Nintendo Wii:

Nintendo DS:

Nintendo 3DS:

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:17 am
Some of the best gaming news I have heard in quite some time.

Medal of Honor is going to have a special edition exclusive to the PlayStation 3 that comes with a free (and enhanced) version of Medal of Honor Frontline. This is an interestingly parallel move to the PS3-exclusive Dead Space 2 special edition which also comes with an extra game.

Starting on October 12, people will be able to get this package, and be able to play a World War II game from 2002. Frontline was kind of a big deal at the time, so it'll be neat for players who may have missed it on the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube to get the chance to check it out. Also, it won't be nearly as hard to go back to as the original PlayStation Medal of Honor games, the first of which is available on PSN anyway as a PSone Classic.

God of War Collection demonstrated how much a game can benefit from a direct port from the PS2 to the PS3, and we hope that Medal of Honor Frontline survives the transition as gracefully. There is no word yet on the price of this special edition.

If you're into this sort of thing, don't forget to check out the details on the upcoming beta. You may get the chance to shoot some dudes early!

:shock:

Frontline was my favourite MOH game, no other game in the series has even paled in comparison. Having Frontline in the package with the new MOH game means day 1 purchase.

I was about to wait for reviews of the new game before making my decision until I read that. :D
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:34 pm
Hopefully Xbox gets it later, possibly on Marketplace.
Enjoy a challenge, visit the following thread and see if you can join the High IQ Society
pixel wrangler
Cash on hand: 3,193.50
Bank: 0.00
Mood: studious
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:45 pm
recently finished Alan Wake by Remedy on the Xbox360

Never has a game had be scream out in fright so many times during the gameplay. If you like Stephen King style mysteries set in moody dark forests .... this one covers all bases.

Loved the artwork & soundtrack.
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 30.00
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:35 pm
Alan Wake really interested me when it came out and I very nearly bought an xbox just to play it. Thankfully I weathered the hype and am still a PS3 fanboy ;) . I'm not saying I wont still have a look later on though.

About the only game I am looking forward to is Call Of Duty: Black Ops. I have got about 4 months to get through my backlog of games so I can play it straight away. It doesn't help when you see sales everywhere though.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:54 pm
CoffeePot wrote:recently finished Alan Wake by Remedy on the Xbox360

Never has a game had be scream out in fright so many times during the gameplay. If you like Stephen King style mysteries set in moody dark forests .... this one covers all bases.

Loved the artwork & soundtrack.

How long did Alan Wake take to finish? I'm thinking about hiring it for a week from the video store, is a week enough time? Can it be done quicker? (PS I'd be going for 1000/1000)
PreviousNext

Return to Gaming