Gaming Talk & News - Consoles, Games, Online & More!

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
pixel wrangler
Cash on hand: 3,193.50
Bank: 0.00
Mood: studious
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:58 am
A.A wrote:I just donated $250 to have Double Fine's (Psychonauts, Brutal Legend) first point'n'click adventure game get made! The target is $400,000 by March 13; and one day after opening (at time of posting this) it's at $343,464. :)

It's $1,288,139 now. :o

I only read about this early this morning... All the main gaming media sites have been reporting on this.
It's an amazing effort. And I really hope this attitude shows the industry how much of a fan base there is for adventure games.

A.A wrote:Apparently, I'll be getting a poster by Tim Shaffer and Ron Gilbert! Huzzah!

So excited it's ridiculous.

How awesome is that A.A!!! 8-)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:47 am
And my name in the credits. 8-)

Mind you, either it will be the longest credits sequence ever, or I'll need a magnifying glass. Or both. ;)

You pay tens of thousands of dollars you can be a character in the game! Hundreds of thousands gets you bowling with Tim and co.! Bit much, but cool concept. :D

Currently: $1, 447,174

They wanted 400,000 in 33 days, and they've gone 1 million OVER that in 3 days. Has slowed down, but should get to 2 million by the end of it's run. Not a bad effort.
Cash on hand: 90.00
Bank: 2,035,420.90
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:03 am
Aussie Nintendo wrote:Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Sequel Announced - Now with Giants!

Activision's Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure was one of the surprise hits of 2011 with Skylanders figures selling out across the country, the title was also awarded the most popular kids game of the year. Obviously when something is this well received there is going to be a sequel and during the North American International Toy Fair, Activision Blizzard announced Skylanders Giants.

Firstly all figures from the original will be compatible with this sequel which is a sigh of relief for parents; exclusive to Giants though is over 20 new toys including super-sized figures with built-in light technology. There are eight Giants to collect and these characters are over double the size of the original Skylanders both figure-wise and in-game. These colossal beings have unique powers which reflect their sheer scale and this offers a new way to play Skylanders that wasn't possible in the first game.

Interestingly, new figures designed for Skylanders Giants will have built-in light technology which causes the toy to light up when near the Portal of Power without the need for batteries; these special figures also have additional in-game benefits. This is another way Activision hopes to emphasis the toys coming to life through the magic of the Portal which also transports these lifeless statues back to Skyland where they can once again animate.

Skylanders Giants is expected to be released this spring in Australia and New Zealand.

Survivor Contestant
Cash on hand: 152.50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:59 am
Skylanders Giants is a lovely game enjoying playing it.

Survivor Contestant
Cash on hand: 152.50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 am
For me its was COD MW3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:52 pm
Down to the final 72 hours in the month-long Kickstarter campaign for Tim Schafer's Double Fine Adventure project, (that is, the making of a point-and-click adventure game and the documentary showing the making of the game from the very beginning to the very end). They are currently at about 670% of the target $400,000. So...about $2, 671, 497. For the whole month they've been adding new rewards for upgrading pledges, but since I put in a ridiculous amount early I'm just getting new things thrown into my stack.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/667 ... e/comments

I'm getting a signed poster, a signed book featuring artwork, excerpts etc from the game, a t-shirt, an Old School cardboard box that games used to come in back in the days, DVD/Blu-Ray of the documentary, special thanks in the credits, PDF of the book, access to the Beta version of the game, access to the documentary (before the DVD), and, oh yeah, the game itself.

Apart from the signed book and poster you can get most of that for the $100 tier ($110, with shipping!).

And this is what Mr. Schafer is doing with all the money... :D

http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/08/this-is-kickstarter/

I've just replayed Full Throttle and just started Day of the Tentacle (thank you, scummvm!) just to remind myself why I've done this. Totally worth it. 8-)
pixel wrangler
Cash on hand: 3,193.50
Bank: 0.00
Mood: studious
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:37 pm
A.A wrote:I'm getting a signed poster, a signed book featuring artwork, excerpts etc from the game, a t-shirt, an Old School cardboard box that games used to come in back in the days, DVD/Blu-Ray of the documentary, special thanks in the credits, PDF of the book, access to the Beta version of the game, access to the documentary (before the DVD), and, oh yeah, the game itself....

Guess who's joining you ;) I think I'm on the same selected reward tier as you A.A. :)

A.A wrote:I've just replayed Full Throttle and just started Day of the Tentacle (thank you, scummvm!) just to remind myself why I've done this. Totally worth it. 8-)

Snap... about Full Throttle ... and Day of the Tentacle is not far behind either.

This project is becoming exciting on a massive hysterical giggling level ! :lol: Can't wait to see how this project progresses

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:04 pm
Sony has announced God of War: Ascension, the latest title in its blockbusting swords-n-sorcery – or, more accurately, swords-n-butchery – series.

Due out on PS3 but with no release date set, the title will be a prequel to the God of War trilogy, following hack-happy Spartan warrior Kratos before he starts a war with the Gods of Ancient Greece. This game will apparently be all about the origins of Kratos "as he takes his first steps on a now legendary quest for freedom," promises the press release.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/ga ... sfeed=true

.. and I'll be right there on day 1 to buy it.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 pm
Just some more old-school adventure game revival kickstarters:

A new Leisure Suit Larry remake on kickstarter...if this is successful, then the plan is making a proper, all-new LSL8. Original creator Al Lowe is on board, which is why I contributed.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1451923705/make-leisure-suit-larry-come-again

And the one I'm MUCH more keen on (and is struggling a bit unfortunately) is Moebius, this mystery/thriller (see my sig) from Jane Jensen, creator of Gabriel Knight.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1005365109/jane-jensens-pinkerton-road-2012-2013-csg/comments

I freaking hope this one passes! I want my Gabriel Knight novel e-books! (Not to mention Grey Matter 2...which MAY get made if more money is raised than $300,000 target!!)

Survivor Contestant
Cash on hand: 232.50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:08 pm
Supernatural-Fan wrote:
Sony has announced God of War: Ascension, the latest title in its blockbusting swords-n-sorcery – or, more accurately, swords-n-butchery – series.

Due out on PS3 but with no release date set, the title will be a prequel to the God of War trilogy, following hack-happy Spartan warrior Kratos before he starts a war with the Gods of Ancient Greece. This game will apparently be all about the origins of Kratos "as he takes his first steps on a now legendary quest for freedom," promises the press release.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/ga ... sfeed=true

.. and I'll be right there on day 1 to buy it.

Yeah cant wait for another God of War game! Though a bit disappointed bout the setting, I thought they did enough of a back story with the 2 PSP games, would have been good to see him go in another direction or another setting with a different charcter (taking on the Egyption gods etc), but am happy they are doing another GoW.
PreviousNext

Return to Gaming