Gaming Talk & News - Consoles, Games, Online & More!

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,453.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:32 pm
i thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for games
you are looking forward to the most because every year there
are SO MANY games released for older or new consoles especially
with Nintendo Wii and PS3 just been released as well as X-Box 360
which has been around for a year as well as the PSP.

i have always been a X-Box fan, and i own both consoles.
i kept the older one for games that don't work on the 360.

here are a few of mine i really want to play:

Stranglehold
Grand Theft Auto 4
Lynch & Kane

i have been wanting to play [b:edb98d8708]Stranglehold[/b:edb98d8708] so bad that
i have just finished Max Payne 1&2 from start to finish for the
first time (having played just a few levels here and there).
Stranglehold was meant to be released LAST YEAR but got
delayed to February, now delayed again till June/July. lets
hope it stays. i have seen in-game footage and it looks like
so much fun, not just shooting people in slow-mo but
destroying everything that stands around you.

check out these clips i found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok4optXWjgg

so what about you, what do you want to play bad more
then any other games being released in the near future??
Oscar Presenter
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Army of Two - PS3
Co-op play at its best. Roumur of internet based co-op play which would be cool. Generally looks like a nice shoot 'em up with added gameplay features.

LittleBigPlanet - PS3
Looks like an interesting game which i recon would be a nice addition to the PS3. Gameplay is different and it just looks like FUN.

Gran Turismo - PS3
I don't need to say much about this... from GT1 through to GT4 (and even the demo GT HD) i have been blown away with how things have progressed... can't wait!

Home - PS3
Okay, its not actually a game, but its damn close. This will be an interesting feature of the PS3 that i am looking forward to later this year.

I'm also looking forward to Rainbow Six: Vegas on PS3 which is out soon... my 5th PS3 game to be :)

bean82: although i don't own an suxbox or suxbox360 i have clocked halo with a friend on his and was going to purchase a 360 while waiting for the PS3 - although now i have the PS3 i'm not sure the 360 has a place because i'm so happy with the PS3... :)

Stranglehold does look good though - might download the demo for PS3 when it comes out to decide whether i should get it or not...
Duffman can never die, only the actors who play him.
[imgc1]http://users.bigpond.net.au/x-web/images/duffman.jpg[/imgc1]
Cash on hand: 8,336.60
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:44 pm
Well I just picked up Guitar Hero - Most fun game ever invented by the way!

I'm kinding of itching to check out Mass Effect on 360 too...
Semper Fidelis
Golden Globe Winner
Cash on hand: 147.50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:23 pm
I'm looking forward to trying out [b:4c4aabcf18]Rainbow Six: Vegas[/b:4c4aabcf18] on PC, but I need a new computer to play it :x A friend who has it said it's the best version he's ever played. I still think that nothing will beat the original version, and I stopped playing at Lockdown. I felt it got too Ding Chavezy. I liked the entire squad that was around in the original and RS2. Plus the recon missions in RS1 & 2 were much better than the RS3 one imo. I spent two weeks on one of them xD

I'm also looking forward to the next [b:4c4aabcf18]Gran Turismo[/b:4c4aabcf18]. Really it's the only console game I play to a dedicated level. I will certainly check out the next [b:4c4aabcf18]Grand Theft Auto [/b:4c4aabcf18]aswell, even though nothing beats the original GTA3 :P (never played the first two).

But I gotta buy a PS3 first xD. Maybe i'll just wait until the games come out, maybe the console price will have gone down a little.

I'm also looking forward to [b:4c4aabcf18]Americas Army 3[/b:4c4aabcf18] with the new Unreal game engine and all that stuff. Plus user created maps, some of which are far better than the SMU ones that came out in the last release. :roll:
(formerly korobushka)
"I love how music evokes memories of a certain time" - Pip Brown, Ladyhawke

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 629,402.00
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:04 am
[quote:e8c52e0f9e="Korobushka"]I'm looking forward to trying out [b:e8c52e0f9e]Rainbow Six: Vegas[/b:e8c52e0f9e] on PC, but I need a new computer to play it :x A friend who has it said it's the best version he's ever played. I still think that nothing will beat the original version, and I stopped playing at Lockdown. I felt it got too Ding Chavezy. I liked the entire squad that was around in the original and RS2. Plus the recon missions in RS1 & 2 were much better than the RS3 one imo. I spent two weeks on one of them xD
[/quote:e8c52e0f9e]

I have the 360 version and it is fantastic!!!!!!

I love the gameplay, graphics are good, storyline is a bit bleh. But i love the various things you do in the game, different entry points and ways of taking down terrorists etc.

Games i am looking forward to:

MGS4: Holding off getting a ps3 right now, but i should have one by the time that this game is ready for release.

GTA 4

There's not many i am really busting out to play other than those 2.
pixel wrangler
Cash on hand: 3,193.50
Bank: 0.00
Mood: studious
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:58 pm
[quote:989da4a4d9="bane"]....

I'm kinding of itching to check out Mass Effect on 360 too...[/quote:989da4a4d9]

Me too! :dance:

I've been keeping tabs on all the latest news about this game via the Bioware site...
Cash on hand: 11,013.00
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:27 pm
i'm looking forward to a few games as well.

for the PS3:

[b:aeb5b8d0dc]FFXIII

FFXIII vs.[/b:aeb5b8d0dc] both look great and promise heaps. i find plots in standard rpg's to be such a horrible let down, that i've made the decision to only stick to the final fantasy rpg's from now on. i just don't have the time patience to waste on sub-par rpg's, and i've also decided that MMORPG's are thoroughly undeserving of my time. be it guild wars, everquest, world of warcraft, diablo or whatever. i find them empty, and increasingly boring.

more recently than these two though, [b:aeb5b8d0dc]fatal inertia[/b:aeb5b8d0dc] a bit of a wipeout clone and will hold me off to the real ps3 version, but still looks great.

obviously, [b:aeb5b8d0dc]MGS4[/b:aeb5b8d0dc]. the news that there could be more games in the series has me even more excited. i can completely understand hideo wanting to branch out and gain some more dev diversity, but that shouldn't automatically kill a good thing, and it seems like he's finally wised up to that fact.

i'm not sure about the new GTA game. i find that i never end up finishing the games, because the missions and the environment just lose my appeal after a while. i'll probably give GTA IV a crack, but with reservations.

[b:aeb5b8d0dc]my singstar[/b:aeb5b8d0dc] should be coming out soon, and will be nuts. the idea of downloading the songs i want is just fracking awesome. my friends will definitely have a blast with this one. i hope it comes with some nice bluetooth mics.

[b:aeb5b8d0dc]tekken 6[/b:aeb5b8d0dc] a bit further down the track. whilst T5DR for the PS3 was a phenominal way to kick off tekken on the ps3, providing awesome graphics, a fully featured game, and at such a kick ass cost, i want more! more characters, more stages, more interactive environments etc... i want better multiplayer capablities as well.

[b:aeb5b8d0dc]unreal tournament 3[/b:aeb5b8d0dc] i'll likely purchase this on PS3 AND PC! can't wait. looks so mad.

[b:aeb5b8d0dc]killzone 2[/b:aeb5b8d0dc] another shooter that looks sick.

[b:aeb5b8d0dc]eye of judgement[/b:aeb5b8d0dc] looks interesting, and has a lot of promise.

[b:aeb5b8d0dc]time crisis 4[/b:aeb5b8d0dc] if they can implement wireless, easy to set up guns, and find a way to provide awesome single player and multiplayer experiences without just being repetitive, i'm all in. it would erase everything that bugs me about the franchise to date, and just leave all the awesome stuff.

there's heaps more i'm looking forward to more, but from what i can see, the ps3, like the 360, and like the wii, will be facing a bit of a post launch good game drought. one of the good things of the delayed launch, is that this drought will be lessened.

i'm also looking forward to home duffman, sounds pretty cool, hope it all works out well.

games for the 360 i'm looking forward to:

[b:aeb5b8d0dc]halo 3[/b:aeb5b8d0dc]

it's really the only thing i'm interested about on the 360 now. that and a possible gears of war sequel. both will likely be amazing, but the rest of the games are either on the PS3, are lack-lustre, or just not up my alley. i've described the ps3 has entering a post-launch dry spell, for me, like queensland, the 360 is still suffering a drought. there's a couple of titles i'll pick up between now and december to keep me amused, like saint's row, but there doesn't seem to be anything great on the horizon till halo 3.

games for the pc:

[b:aeb5b8d0dc]half life 2, ep 2[/b:aeb5b8d0dc]

accompanied by portal, should be sick. wensta, remember or motto. there's a hole in the sky, through which things can fly!

i'll likely pick up the FEAR expansion pack. definitely pick up C/C 3 when i have the time, as i absolutely loved tiberian sun.

[b:aeb5b8d0dc]bioshock[/b:aeb5b8d0dc] looks great as well.

quake wars is also looking interesting.

i think the combination of games for the PS3/360/PC is great, and will keep me satisified for the rest of the year, especially while i await the console big guns. that being said, i don't think any 3 of these platforms has enough grunt through upcoming games to last the year on its own, while keeping me entertained.
[img05]http://i38.tinypic.com/2yoocbo.jpg[/img05]
Game Show Host
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:45 am
I've been waiting ages for the[b:682c356fd2] Dirty Harry [/b:682c356fd2]game on 360. But last month I heard the game developer fired most of their staff, and production on the game had stopped. :shock:

It was supposed to be a free roaming shooter similar to GTA. I wasn't expecting anything groundbreaking, because it's not from a big developer. But I'm a fan of the movie franchise and it would have been cool to play as Clint, and rid the punks from the streets of San Francisco :P

I'm still hoping this will get released some day.
Oscar Presenter
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:32 pm
oh yeah, how could i forget [b:f1bb1ac64d]half life 2, episode 2[/b:f1bb1ac64d] - that will be awesome - and - [b:f1bb1ac64d]MGS4[/b:f1bb1ac64d] - another PS3 title that i am eagerly awaiting :)
Duffman can never die, only the actors who play him.
[imgc1]http://users.bigpond.net.au/x-web/images/duffman.jpg[/imgc1]
Cash on hand: 12,680.00
Bank: 975,954.30
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:08 pm
[color=red:87d2535b6a][b:87d2535b6a]I have merged the 2 upcoming games threads to cut down on repeats - VMars[/b:87d2535b6a][/color:87d2535b6a]
PreviousNext

Return to Gaming