The Sims Series

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:49 pm
I was thinking of getting this on Gamecube. Is there any difference between the PC and console versions? Mind you, I haven't played the PC version either.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:49 pm
I dont have the Sims 2 but I have played it. I have to say that it's good but there is one very major drawback that really, really annoys me- the dining tables are too small. I know they sit the right amount of people but in proportion to the other objects they just look like coffee tables.

Something funny though:
I had the tv on and made two of my sims do exercises on the aerobics channel or something but the couch was in the way and it made it look very funny. Accident though.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:42 pm
aliasfanjay, the console versions are a bit different, in that the furniture and decorations and such are different, and I think gameplay may also be different but I'm not sure as I've only ever played the PC versions.

Today I had time to play again. Ashanti and Ezra have finally become parents, although not without many dramas along the way.
Ezra battled the flu, Ashanti hardly had morning sickness, instead she was either starving hungry or just about passing out with exhaustion. I just couldn't maintain a balance so she could do other things, it was either running to the kitchen for food or running to the bed for sleep (or falling asleep where she stood).
On her last day of pregnancy she fell asleep on the spot about five times, each time I've have to wake her so she could eat and therefore not starve. It was like a catch 22 situation: she has to stay awake to eat, but can't eat much because she just keeps nodding off. I got an espresso machine just to try and help stave off her needing to sleep. In the end neither Ezra nor Ashanti were cleaning anything up, so I hired a maid, who wasn't coming til tomorrow.
That night, Ezra was at work and Ashanti was napping on the couch when she leapt up, grabbed her belly and yelled. A pop up box came up, then some music and swish, her belly vanished and a baby was in her arms. The baby is a girl, and her name is [b:2105a8b02e]Stereo[/b:2105a8b02e] (Ashanti and Ezra prefer unusual names).
Quickly I got a baby cot and change table, so Ashanti could put Stereo down and go and eat something again. But the fridge was empty! Quickly got Ashanti to order a delivery of groceries, then plonked a second fridge in the baby's room so Ashanti wouldn't starve in the mean time.
I'd never imagined how bad the needs bar situation could get. When Ashanti gave birth, her energy and hunger bars were bright orange, near empty, her fun bar bright red (very empty. I'd neglected it as hunger and energy were more important), her social orange to yellow, her bladder bar yellow, her hygiene bar bright orange (and green ordour vapours coming off her) and environment bar bright red (piles of rubbish everywhere). So she was a very smelly, tired, hungry and depressed new mum.
Stereo is sooo cute, and so far she isn't crying as much as the babies in the first Sims used to. Fingers crossed!
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:30 pm
For my pregnant Jacqui SIm I have put a bed in the room right next to the kitchen, so she can eat, go to the toilet, shower and sleep.

That's all she has done for about 2 days.

How long are they up the duff for? She is getting huge, it's very funny to watch her waddle.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:56 pm
I just bought the Gamecube version today. I have not played the PC version, but I'll say this console copy I got is very addictive. I made a character, and it has to live with its mother until it can move out on its own. So far I have borrowed enough money from my mum and got a job so I have moved out on my own... not sure what's going to happen from then on. :D
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:43 pm
LOL. It's an excellent game, hey?

I haven't played a console version. My local Video Ezy has a PS2 copy but it's always out and I can never be bothered to put my name down for it to chase it up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:48 pm
[quote:e617351cb3="aliasfanjay"]I just bought the Gamecube version today. I have not played the PC version, but I'll say this console copy I got is very addictive. I made a character, and it has to live with its mother until it can move out on its own. So far I have borrowed enough money from my mum and got a job so I have moved out on my own... not sure what's going to happen from then on. :D[/quote:e617351cb3]

Wait until you have to have a job and maintain friendships and get married and have children and on and on, it was really addictive for me too. Oh and no cheats which sort of sucked considering that in the PC version I just give myself money when I need to and live in a mansion and it's not hard to be Gabrielle of Desperate Housewives at all. :lol:

I was so happy when I finished the PS2 game, it was soooo very frantic compared to my usual ambling along with the PC version.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:13 pm
I just did a quick google search and there are cheats for the GC version which allows you to get lots of money! :D Might have to go give it a shot for a laugh! :lol:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:10 am
Just like life...Simsis much easier with lots and lots of money ;)
Cash on hand: 2,295.00
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:19 am
Thats where the good 'ol cheats come in! :lol:
[img75]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/dtw/front.jpg[/img75]
PreviousNext

Return to Gaming