Halo Series

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Golden Globe Winner
Cash on hand: 7,220.40
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:20 am
[color=indigoa0][ba0]- Welcome To The Halo 3 Topic -[/ba0][/colora0]

First off I thought there would be already a Halo 3 topic - but it appears there isn't. Which surprises me - as I thought there would be many TVAus users keen to discuss the final game in the trilogy - especially one that has so much hype and expectation behind it.

I was interested in finding out whether people are really that into the franchise as Microsoft and Game Magazines would let us believe. I personally will have access to playing Halo 3 as my brother is a keen Halo player and consequently has ordered the legendary limited version of the game (which has a scale replica of the Master Chief's Helmet among several other special features). And I must admit - although I am not really into the series.....one Halo game was really enough for me.....I am keen to check out and put the game through its paces (E.g. Cooperative mode sounds very interesting......and I do enjoy now and again a bit of Halo Multiplayer on the 360). :D

I am more of a real time strategy inclined gamer and thus if I was going to buy a game from the Halo series it would be Halo Wars which is expected for release in 2008.

Anyway, thats enough from me for now - hopefully we can get some sort of discussion going.....as I said.....I'm very interested to hear what TVAus users think about Halo 3.......and its looming release in two days time (Tuesday 25th September)..... :?:
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,479.50
Bank: 17,328.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:27 pm
I probably won't be buying it because I'm not really big on the series and most first person shooters in general, but I don't quite hate the series so I haven't voted yet :P My brother may end up buying it and I may play it like that but I doubt that I will personally be shelling out for it. I'm saving my pennies for November, that's going to be a shockingly good month for me with DVD's and games :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 11,013.00
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:52 pm
i love FPS and i can't wait to pick this up. can't wait for the awesome gameplay and the plot which once again promises to be oh so crappy. i'll probably pick it up on wednesday. if anything, it's an excuse to wipe the dust off my 360.
[img05]http://i38.tinypic.com/2yoocbo.jpg[/img05]

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 520,167.00
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:08 pm
Give this one a miss i think, not a fan of the Halo series (granted i've only played the original, but that was enough for me).

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:19 pm
i hate FPS and i cant wait to not pick this up. cant wait for the crap gameplay and the plot which one again promisies to be oh so awesome.

No, really. I played the first Halo and found the single player to be a repetitive mess. But the multiplayer was fun.
This is bound to get 10's from every publication imaginable. Because its Halo. And because its probably actually good. I just hate it because its popular.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:32 pm
[quote:b2c47def40="Lost is CRAP"]i hate FPS and i cant wait to not pick this up. cant wait for the crap gameplay and the plot which one again promisies to be oh so awesome.

No, really. I played the first Halo and found the single player to be a repetitive mess. But the multiplayer was fun.
This is bound to get 10's from every publication imaginable. Because its Halo. And because its probably actually good. I just hate it because its popular.[/quote:b2c47def40]

have you played halo 2? cause seriously, as far as sequels and plots are concerned, you would have been rolling on the floor laughing at how bad the plot was.
Emmy Winner
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:15 pm
I loved the original Halo, I got countless hours playing multiplayer on that. Absolutely hated Halo 2, it was terrible... so I might avoid the 3rd one.
[img73]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2518/sig3jv7.png[/img73]

Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:24 pm
[quote:c5dd744732="sherry is alive"][quote:c5dd744732="Lost is CRAP"]i hate FPS and i cant wait to not pick this up. cant wait for the crap gameplay and the plot which one again promisies to be oh so awesome.

This is bound to get 10's from every publication imaginable. Because its Halo. And because its probably actually good. I just hate it because its popular.[/quote:c5dd744732]

have you played halo 2? cause seriously, as far as sequels and plots are concerned, you would have been rolling on the floor laughing at how bad the plot was.[/quote:c5dd744732]

Now I must play it.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:54 pm
well, ended up picking up halo 3 this afternoon, just popping it in the 360 now...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:54 pm
well, i finished the single player mode late this afternoon, and it was ok. the plot was better than the 2nd, but i still found it a bit boring and at times a drag. they tried to inject some emotion into it, but it didn't really hit the mark. props for trying i guess.

graphics wise i found this game to be a let down. it looked fine, but the cut scenes were a bit dodge, and in light of some of the stuff on PS3/360 that's out there, i really expected more from the flagship 360 title.

it was short and to the point. the gameplay was great, but they didn't really change much around except for a few weapons here and there and this whole idea of an item system, which i didn't really use much but i probably should have.

i'd play the story mode again in co-op, but unless there were some cool things to unlock, i've seen all i need to see.

i don't have a gold subscription so i won't be playing this online, so to try out the multi-player experience i'll just have to wait till some friends come over.

the long and short of it, it was fun, addictive, but it's not the cream of the crop and i had a lot mor fun playing resistance which i replayed almost as soon as i finished it. oh, and a lot of the guns just didn't seem as cool this time around, but that hammer is kick ass, i love it.
Next

Return to Gaming