E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo)

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Alias Stuntman
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:27 pm
WOW!!!!!
What a massive year at E3: Final Fantasy XIII was revealed, a new trailer for Metal Gear solid 4 emerges with many familiar faces, the PS3 controller is redone and massive new info on the PS3.

FF13 looks fantastic and there are 2 different FF13's...head over to

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/index.html

to check out the new info and from their you can check up on other consoles and info as well.

EDIT: YAY YOSHI'S ISLAND 2!!!!!!
Last edited by moogle140 on Thu May 11, 2006 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Logie Winner
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:42 am
Yeh i was looking at the E3 site last night. Very exciting time of year, especially with so many new technologies emerging. Have you seen the EA sports demo from Sony? They compare the graphics and AI animations between the NBA game for PS2 and the NBA 2006 (07?). It's remarkable what they have been able to do. Make PS2 looks *very* old school.
Oscar Presenter
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:49 pm
[quote:b9f81b06ef="ski_nutta"]Yeh i was looking at the E3 site last night. Very exciting time of year, especially with so many new technologies emerging. Have you seen the EA sports demo from Sony? They compare the graphics and AI animations between the NBA game for PS2 and the NBA 2006 (07?). It's remarkable what they have been able to do. Make PS2 looks *very* old school.[/quote:b9f81b06ef]

But that game is coming out on 360 as well so they'll implement that into the 360 version.
Entourage S4 (3 of xx) | Prison Break S3 (8/07) | 24 S7 (1/08 ) | NUMB3RS S4 (??/07) | House S4 (??/07)

Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:10 pm
DS won in terms of games....again.
Sony made themselves look like complete idiots. :(
Wii is shaping up to be pretty damn cool.
PSP appears to be forgotten.
And Microsoft surprised me with their showcase for the 360.

And most importantly Solid Snake in Smash Bros is probably the bestest announcement ever!
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,479.50
Bank: 20,967.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:58 am
[quote:bfdd3246e4="Cassidy"]And most importantly Solid Snake in Smash Bros is probably the bestest announcement ever![/quote:bfdd3246e4]

Agreed! Like I said in the Wii(Revolution)thread, the announcement completely floored me! A very pleasant surprise! :D

I think it was great this year seeing all the next gen stuff and actually getting some solid information on certain aspects. I was even getting my brother to give me SMS updates whilst I was at uni on Wednesday :P I'm really looking forward to the next twelve months of gaming after seeing all on offer at E3 :D !
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 11,013.00
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:26 pm
u guys serious? haha, i find it pretty funny that you're so happy about snake in smash brothers, but are forgetting mgs4 was announced, the 15 minute trailer shown, as well as an official mgs game coming to the psp, alongside the possibility of mgs1 on the psp's official ps1 emulator.

maybe you're just nintendo guys, but i don't really care at all if snake is in smash brothers. it's a boring game imo, and even if i get a wii, i won't be looking at it.

ds games? haha, don't even bother reading articles, it's one handheld that i just don't care about. though it sounds like the gameboy franchise is over.

the ps3 stuff was great, the interface and hardware design are looking very impressive. some interesting games for the ps3 were announced, like the eye of judgement, which could have promise.

yeah, the psp's showing was a bit lacking, but once again, the possibility of FF7/8 on the psp via emulation has me in a craze. oh, and FF crisis core? very very exciting stuff! can't wait.

FFXIII is looking amazing, i can't wait... the graphics on that are gonna blow me away. (edit: haha, forgot to mention that microsoft got completey shafted by square-enix, though did pick up gta again from rockstar)

still, imo, kojima productions absolutely took out E3 2006 with MGS4: guns of the patriots. wow...

as for pre-e3 press conferences, i'd rate them sony>nintendo>>>>>>>microsoft. microsoft had such a snoozer of an e3, and the ridiculous hd-dvd announcement?

one thing that ticked me off, was microsoft/nintendo with-holding pricing info. how much will the hd-dvd attachment cost, how much will the wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii cost? yet that didn't stop them taking the most hypocritical route of making fun of sony's announcment.

i'm really uncertain about the wii. the virtual console idea is coming along nicely, but the wiimote? i just don't know how well it's gonna work, and if it will actually enhance the games i like to play, let alone will ninty actually get any of the games i like? if kojima brings out a killer game for the wii, it might peak my interest more. the eye-toy is great, but at the end of the day, i still like to sit down with my dual shock, i just don't know how practical it's gonna be. in store demo units are gonna be a difficult thing, and i'm really hating the nunchuck add on for the wii, just looks awkward and stupid. i'm also incredibly unimpressed with the light gun add on. hopefully a third party will bring out something a bit more practical. i still can't believe though, that ninty stuck with that stupid name.

yoshi's island 2/mario games (it's time for him to die) duck hunt... the wii games weren't really interesting me. i'd be interested to see what resident evil looks like, but that's about it. sigh... i'm loving sony's games though, but i'm still curious as to what the ps3's launch line up is gonna be.
[img05]http://i38.tinypic.com/2yoocbo.jpg[/img05]

Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:04 pm
^^^^^^^^Sony fanboy alert! I wonder why nintendo fanboys get so much hate when we have people like you Sherry. You continue to spin every single thing they do like they can do no wrong.

Of course i'm excited about MGS4...but uhhh hello we've known about it for ages. Snake in Smash bros is a HUGE surprise, and it's just so unbelievably [i:2c5d8366af]ridiculous[/i:2c5d8366af] it's awesome.

I'm huge fan of nintendo, as much as i'm a huge fan of Sony but no matter how you look at it Sony really dropped the ball this E3, while nintendo pulled some insanely good sh!t, even Microsoft looked better and I've never really liked them.

So Sherry how do you feel about Sony's wiimote rip off....can you [i:2c5d8366af]really[/i:2c5d8366af] defend that decision? heh, what am I asking of course you can... and you mostly likely will.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 11,013.00
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:54 pm
the ps3 controller uses COMPLETELY different technology, works differently, and achieves different things. furthermore, sony claims they were investigating and developing such technology back in the days of the psp development. i'm really just responding because you baited me, it's so low on my list of concerns, i just want to see what it's like to play with. one thing continually looked over though, is the eye toy. it's been bringing different gameplay to the ps2 for years, and it's going to have an even bigger part to play in the ps3, which is exciting. especially since it has virtually no effect on the ps3's processing power, and can be left on all the time, throughought all games... nintendo is so innovative though! OMG... the cube had like the MOST different/innovative gameplay i've ever SEEN!!! :roll: :roll: credit where credit is due. the eye toy was innovative, the wii remote is innovative (and as an extension, the wii and ps2, but the cube wasn't)

am i a sony fanboy? last time i checked, fan boys didn't game on other consoles. i'm a big ps2/pc/xbox gamer, as well, i own a psp/gba/nes, and i game on them also. i'd describe myself more as a hardcore gamer who loves sony. i've always said i've been interested in the WIIIIIIIIIII though (actually, i was more interested when it's name resembled something someone over 3 would like to purchase), but NO, i don't think nintendo blitzed e3. their conference was stupid, they made few announcements, and the games aren't looking very interesting to me. we still have no release date or price. what did nintendo do at e3, other than let ppl play with the wiimote (which none of us could do anyway). sigh...

and no, i think sony do things wrong at times. i hate the way the ps2 has such poor multiplayer support with ridiculous add ons like the multitap. though i'm glad they grew up and changed that for the ps3. it's a pitty microsoft regressed. another annoying thing is the deletion of one of the HDMI ports, not happy. though still, it's the only next gen console with any HDMI ports. a bigger hdd would have been nice as well, but it is upgradable, so that's easy enough to fix, oh, and there wasn't really any info on the preloaded linux, which could have been cool. i also would have liked to see more ps3/p displayed.

microsoft? they might as well have been a no show at this e3, but still, as long as it's not sony, go and praise them, please. wow, OMG!!!!! halo 3 is coming out!!!! lets jump for joy at another game with good gameplay and a god awful plot! haha. what about the wireless headset? i'm still thinking it would be v. cool if i could just use my bluetooth headset for the ps3.

atm, the only machine that's got my excitement peaked is the ps3. it offers everything i've been wanting/waiting for, and more. i really can't wait for november 17. anyways, i'm gonna go watch the mgs4 trailer again, still unbelieivably good each time i watch it.
[img05]http://i38.tinypic.com/2yoocbo.jpg[/img05]

Logie Winner
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:21 pm
I also skip the Nintendo stuff. I'm not interested in hand-held gaming. I only look at the console games coz the good ones are also released on PC and i'd much rather play it on my computer. Granted the graphics might be hard to keep up with but i keep up with upgrades so the games i want to play that are available keep my happy.

I was VERY happy to see Fable 2 is coming out. Given that Fable was on PC also, i can only assume Microsoft will release it for pc. :D

I've had time to download some of the videos from E3 and there's some insane stuff! One of my friends is keen on Spore which looks very cool. To be honest i'm really over the FPS-type games these days. Even with the awesome graphics, the video previews are enough to wow me. I don't need to shot more guys with guns and flak jackets. The only thing that i'd be impressed with is seriously good AI. Even the good ones now really aren't that great. Very limited. Although I might have just missed the game with the best AI, so ...

Anyway, it's always fun to see the developers break out their latest projects at E3. Especially when it's a sequel to one of your fav's! :D

Oh, and $1000 for PS3?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :shock: Thanks, but i'll use that money to put a down payment on a new car or something....
Sports Presenter
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:19 pm
is it really going to be $1000??!?!?? (i'm at work and it won't let me look at that link :( ) does it say anything bout the price of the Wii? i'll probably buy the Wii straight away if it has good games but i reckon i'll wait for the PS3 if it's going to be that much. how the hell can they justify that kind of price for a machine that's essentially for kids?
Next

Return to Gaming