Rental Machines - Hoyts Kiosk vs Video Ezy Express

Chat about anything Tech related. Digital TV, the Internet, Programs, Camera's, Phones, Ipod's and more!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,390.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:34 am
the U.S. have Red Box, we have Hoyts and Video Ezy rental machines.

don't see the point in having 2 here though.

I have used Video Ezy Express once. rentals are $4 for new releases and occasionally they have specials.
Hoyts Kiosk rentals are $3.50 for new releases and have $1 rentals as well.

Video Ezy rentals come in CD cases. the other day upon research I discovered The Hoyts rentals actually come in DVD cases with proper covers as you would get instore. I was surprised about that when I found out, as well as finding out that they also sell ex-rentals out of the machine!! as a DVD collector I thought that was an awesome idea! you go through A-Z and they'll have the titles available and the prices. those prices depends on how new/old they are, the cheaper ones probably are the oldest ones they try to get rid of. most of the ex-rentals are $5 but there are some that are even $2!

Hoyts is the definate winner, I have only seen 1 Video Ezy machine in my area while there are several Hoyts ones. if there are Woolworths supermarkets, you'll probably fine one there inside. just having rentals is an interesting idea but having the option to buy movies too is pretty cool. it makes sense cause there are always gonna be more movies to add to the machine so they gotta clear some out to make room.

anyone use one of the machines?
Cash on hand: 30,562.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 pm
A new one has appeared in my local centre ... all I've noticed is the price ($2), it's a smallish red machine, I don't recognise the name of the company, and they seem to have one movie promoted. 1st one was Cinderella, then some action thing last week, today nothing was promoted.
I'm vaguely interested in how it works, but always walk past with a trolley load of shopping so don't stop!!! :P
Cash on hand: 13,660.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:51 pm
We've got a few of those Hoyts DVD rental boxes around this area, we've used it once, but now we have the Optus Fetch, we can get new releases through that for 5 bucks, so even if it's a couple of dollars more, it still means not having to go and get it and return it. What a lazy society we have become.

Return to Technology