End Of XP

Chat about anything Tech related. Digital TV, the Internet, Programs, Camera's, Phones, Ipod's and more!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 13,530.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:47 pm
My old XP machine did an automatic update today! :shock:
Thought I'd share that with you.
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:27 pm
I believe that is very likely the last update Jayel. As you know by now support for XP has ended last month.

But that doesn't mean you won't get updates for other software (Office, IE). There is a severe vulnerability with Internet Explorer that has popped up recently so that must be it. ;-)
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 13,530.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:58 am
I'm only using it for writing and checking emails and maybe popping in here and facebook when I'm at work, I use my Win7 one for everything else. I can't seem to let it go while it still has life in it, but am planing to ditch it in a couple of moths when I get a new one. I've stopped writing with Word, I'm using Open Office. I'm also using it on a limited account. I really don't know why i'm still obsessed in using it when my other one is perfectly good. I've been hanging out for Sims4 to be released and get a better laptop to play that, but I'm just going to go for it when I come back from my UK trip in 6 weeks time.
Screen Actors Guild Winner
Cash on hand: 253.00
Bank: 0.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 am
Jayel wrote:I'm only using it for writing and checking emails and maybe popping in here and facebook when I'm at work, I use my Win7 one for everything else. I can't seem to let it go while it still has life in it, but am planing to ditch it in a couple of moths when I get a new one. I've stopped writing with Word, I'm using Open Office. I'm also using it on a limited account. I really don't know why i'm still obsessed in using it when my other one is perfectly good. I've been hanging out for Sims4 to be released and get a better laptop to play that, but I'm just going to go for it when I come back from my UK trip in 6 weeks time.

XP was great and light and fast! I use it as a client VM machine on my virtual domain network at home, it's still got it's usefulness! I can't let it go either :p
Previous

Return to Technology